NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-11-2014, 06:43 AM   #161

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
Hi Frank
My hubby and I should be there early on Friday. We can help with whatever you need.
Did you post directions yet? Maybe I just missed it on the thread.
Off to Bolerama this weekend then camping a week in Michigan.
I love the summer!
Hi Linda!

I'd love the summer a lot more if I was retired!

I have my bother's street address at home and will get it tonight or over the weekend for you.

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting you two!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:58 PM   #162

Name: kathy
Trailer: u haul
New York
hi its ted & Kathy -we had the other U Haul at Copake last year. we plan to join you on the Hudson in August.
Kathy P. S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #163

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy P. S. View Post
hi its ted & Kathy -we had the other U Haul at Copake last year. we plan to join you on the Hudson in August.
Excellent! We're looking forward to it Kathy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-21-2014, 09:35 PM   #164

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Hi folks - So sorry to say we need to back out of the egg beaters rally. Our son's band is booked for a show on that Friday in NYC and we haven't seen them play for well over a year. We hope to stop in on Sunday to say hi to all of our friends from Copake. Sooo sorry to have to miss it!
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 03:13 AM   #165

New York
Wow! And less than a month away Sue. Darn. Ya caught me flat footed! Oh well, so it goes. I'm gonna miss you. Have fun in NYC!

I've gotta revise some numbers here and figure out some activities. Hmmmm....

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #166

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
Hi Frank
My hubby and I should be there early on Friday. We can help with whatever you need.
Did you post directions yet? Maybe I just missed it on the thread.
Off to Bolerama this weekend then camping a week in Michigan.
I love the summer!
Linda, it's 725 Hudson River Road, Mechanicville NY 12118. I should be there early Friday too! Thanks!

By the way, I think it's US Rt 4 & also Rt 32.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 04:44 AM   #167

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
While you are at it Frank, I probably will not be able to make it either. I'm my mother's caregiver 24/7 except when I travel, I hire a weekend person. I have lost my weekend caregiver and I am in the process of interviewing prospective new ones, which takes time for background checks. If I could, I'd bring my 94 year Mom with me…..! If I find someone before then I'll let you know.
Old 07-22-2014, 04:57 AM   #168

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
While you are at it Frank, I probably will not be able to make it either. I'm my mother's caregiver 24/7 except when I travel, I hire a weekend person. I have lost my weekend caregiver and I am in the process of interviewing prospective new ones, which takes time for background checks. If I could, I'd bring my 94 year Mom with me…..! If I find someone before then I'll let you know.
Completely understandable Jim. Best of luck finding a weekend person. I know how tough that can be,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #169

New York
Attractions & Events

Looks like we have 15 or 16 at this point, which is great. There is plenty of room on this property for twice as many eggs!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my brother said "A public rest room and shower are available at house down stairs. Public water is available (not for constant hookup). A dump station is up the road 2 miles at County Waste and is FREE."

My suggestion for the rally is pretty much pot lucks Friday and Saturday nights. I believe we'll have a big tent (or tents), and there are at least 50 chairs. The only thing about the potlucks under the tents is "No dogs" (a rule of the property owners).

There is a kayak launch on-site and a dock. My brother is more than glad to take folks for boat rides on their pontoon boat, but somebody has to pay for the gas. The property really is beautiful, slowly sloping down to the Hudson River. About all you need is a decent chair!

Power hook-ups will be $6/night, the only "fee."

Here's a county chamber website for "Things To Do." http://www.saratoga.org/visitors/things-to-do

Saratoga County really has it all, including significant historical stuff.

Also, we will be just north of the state capitol:
Things to do

How's that?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #170

New York
Waiver, release of liability

Comments please?

2014 Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble Rally
August 15-17, 2014
725 Hudson River Road, Mechanicville, New York

ACCIDENT WAIVER, RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY AND ASSIGNMENT OF CLAIMS
This waiver and release of liability has been developed primarily to protect John and Nancy Alguire, owners of the property the rally is taking place on. It also protects the organizer, Frank Alguire, as well as any and all volunteers that assist with the rally. We assume participants understand the necessity of such a waiver and release of liability in these litigious times.

For being allowed to participate in the rally noted above I agree:

• I acknowledge that camping is a potentially hazardous activity which can be a test of a person’s physical and mental limits and carries with it the potential for death, serious injury and property loss. These risks are not only inherent to campers, but are also present for spectators and volunteers. I hereby assume all of the risks of participating in this rally. I realize that liability may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the owners of the property, and/or persons organizing this rally and hereby release them of all possible liability. I promise not to sue and agree to pay all court costs and all attorney fees that result from my action, civil or otherwise.

• I acknowledge that this Accident Waiver and Release of Liability form will be used by the owners of the property the rally is held on, as well as the rally organizers and volunteers. It will govern my actions and responsibilities at said events. I certify that I have fully adequate insurance to cover all medical claims, the vehicle(s) and any other equipment and any damage or liability I may ultimately be found responsible for, during all travel to the point of my entry into the rally, and the period between the end of the rally and my return to my final destination. I further certify that I have all the insurance required by law and I am licensed and competent to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.

• In consideration of my being permitted to participate in this event, I hereby take action for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows: (A) Waive, Release and Discharge from any and all liability for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft or actions of any kind which may hereafter accrue to me during the rally or during my traveling to and from this rally, the following persons: the owners of the property the rally is being held on, organizers, and volunteers and ( indemnify and hold harmless the entities or persons mentioned in this paragraph from any and all liabilities or claims made by other individuals or entities as a result of any of my actions during this rally.

Accordingly, I do hereby release and discharge the owners of the property the rally is being held on, organizers and volunteers from all claims, demands, and causes of action of every kind whatsoever for any death, damages and /or injuries which may result from my participation in this rally. This shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law.

• I agree to pay for all expenses (including, but not limited to lodging, food, beverages, gasoline, oil, repairs and maintenance and any other costs or expense I may incur) intending that the owners of the property, rally organizers and volunteers shall be totally free of such costs and expense.

• As additional consideration for being allowed to participate in the rally described below, I hereby assign to the owners of the property any claim I have or might have, in contract or in tort in any way, shape, form or fashion arising out of its action, the actions of other campers or anyone that participates in or comes in contact with participants in the rally. This assignment is intended by all parties to be a full and complete assignment of any claim I have against the owners of the property, rally organizers and volunteers, or may have against entities and individuals listed in this paragraph whether directly or through third parties. The intent of the parties is that the owners of the property, rally organizers and volunteers, representatives and agents shall be liability free with regard to anything in any way connected with the event.

• I hereby release the owners of the property, rally organizers and volunteers, from any and all claims based upon or arising out of the use, reproduction, distribution, display or performance of all or any part of the photographs or recording, or any derivative thereof, including any claim of invasion of privacy or right of publicity.

[IMG]file:///C:\DOCUME~1\falguire\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01 \clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
I hereby certify that I have read both pages of this Waiver, Release and Assignment of Claims in its entirety. My signature below indicates that I fully understand it and agree to its contents.

Full Signature (signature indicates agreement to terms and conditions)

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Printed name: __________________________________________________ ________

Date: ___________________________

Mailing address: __________________________________________________ ______

Phone #s: __________________________________________________ ___________

Email: ____________________________________
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-23-2014, 09:04 AM   #171

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Frank, having organized a number of rallies at private locations you are smart to have the participants sign a waver. Its pretty common practise these days when attending a rally on private property to need to sign such a wavier as the unexpected can and will happen.

I would suggest though you amend the waiver a little so that it includes any minor children that the party signing may be bringing......
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:10 AM   #172

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Frank, having organized a number of rallies at private locations you are smart to have the participants sign a waver. Its pretty common practise these days when attending a rally on private property to need to sign such a wavier as the unexpected can and will happen.

I would suggest though you amend the waiver a little so that it includes any minor children that the party signing may be bringing......
Excellent! Thanks Carol, that is just what I was looking for. I adopted this from an American Legion motorcycle event I found on the web. I am NOT a lawyer! I will add something about minors, good suggestion.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 AM   #173

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We only attend rallies that are in state parks or other open to the public facilities, such as the Vintage rally we attend at a KOA, and is organized by the KOA owner.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #174

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We only attend rallies that are in state parks or other open to the public facilities, such as the Vintage rally we attend at a KOA, and is organized by the KOA owner.
Why is that Mary (or Bob)? Planned or just coincidental?

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-23-2014, 10:23 AM   #175

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
First off there is no liability paperwork, also more available space, law enforcement on site (state parks), rules for the benefit of all that are enforced, more restroom and shower facilities, extended stay possible, designated sites. Those are the only type rallies we have done and they have worked out well for us. Sounds like your brother has a wonderful location, good luck with your rally. Also safe travels retrieving your Parkliner, we have only seen Brian & Nancy's trailer and they are a real impressive camper.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:03 AM   #176

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
The problem for trailer meet organizers on both sides of the border that has increasingly surfaced over the past few years is that more and more small privately owned campgrounds require the meet organizers to purchase liability insurance in the amount of x so many dollars. This is especially true of campgrounds owned by a private club/organization or a small community/county. If the organizer themselves belongs to a large organization such as Tin Can Tourists or Airstream etc and its a sanctioned meet then they can purchase the insurance fairly cheep through those organizations & just down load a small fee of $5 or $10 to each participant. For those of us that don't belong to such organizations the cost of the insurance can be pricey resulting in a fairly large fee for insurance having to be levied against every trailer attending.

As a result of the above many organizers have taken to holding the meets at State/provincial parks to avoid that problem and having people make their own reservations and pay the park directly. Having said that though some state parks are also starting to ask organizers of such meets to buy insurance. I believe it may have been Donna who mentioned to me that last year Oregon state parks tried to get the organizers of the large meet at Bandon to buy liability insurance. The organizers where successful in getting the park to drop that requirement as they convinced them it was simple a meet and greet type meet - no organized club event and as such no fee charged to participants and each participant was dealing directly with the Park in regards to camping fees etc. Any time you charge a meet fee, or the organizer collects the fees for the camping and pay the campground directly or they do lots of organized events at a meet they may find they are walking a thin line in regards to the liability issue.

What can/does happen at meets might surprise you! LOL you can go years with no issues but then the unthinkable happens..... had a wild weather event take place at one meet I organize a couple of years ago and crazy things happened. 3 people and 2 dogs required medical attention. Not my fault but will still require hiring a lawyer to have my name removed from any proceedings.

In attending several meets a year and in talking with other meet organizers the issue that most frequently come up these days is dogs. People do not seem to realize that many dogs get very stressed with lots of strangers & their dogs coming and going from their trailers and not so good things happen as a result. Have attended two meets just this year where vet bills resulted due to that issue. Although most meet organizers ask that people keep their dogs on leash or tethered while in the camping area a lot of people don't ..... sad but true.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:06 AM   #177

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It is a shame we live in a litigious society….
Old 07-23-2014, 04:33 PM   #178

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Frank,
I apologize, but I'm afraid that we are going to have to bow out of the rally. I understand the reason for the changes from the original proposal last October but it has become a little more than we had bargained for. Two potluck suppers is more than my restricted diet can deal with. Getting older is not for the faint - or weak- of heart.
I assume that the liability waiver would have to be executed by all participants and the scope is simply so broad that neither of us would feel comfortable signing such a document without benefit of legal council. Charging a fee for service, i.e. electric, would seem to imply a responsibility on the part of the provider. When we were camped at Chenago Lakes State Park on 4th of July weekend, the camper across the road from us caught fire from a fault in the electric service. An odd occurrence to be sure, but the steady stream of park maintenance staff, park police and electricians for the rest of the weekend was nothing short of amazing. All to fix the problem and ensure the campers were safe, not to establish liability.
All that said, we wish you all the best and hope that everything goes off without a hitch and the weather is perfect. Looking forward to getting together with you and Gail around a campfire somewhere down the road, another time.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #179

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Frank,
I apologize, but I'm afraid that we are going to have to bow out of the rally. I understand the reason for the changes from the original proposal last October but it has become a little more than we had bargained for. Two potluck suppers is more than my restricted diet can deal with. Getting older is not for the faint - or weak- of heart.
I assume that the liability waiver would have to be executed by all participants and the scope is simply so broad that neither of us would feel comfortable signing such a document without benefit of legal council. Charging a fee for service, i.e. electric, would seem to imply a responsibility on the part of the provider. When we were camped at Chenago Lakes State Park on 4th of July weekend, the camper across the road from us caught fire from a fault in the electric service. An odd occurrence to be sure, but the steady stream of park maintenance staff, park police and electricians for the rest of the weekend was nothing short of amazing. All to fix the problem and ensure the campers were safe, not to establish liability.
All that said, we wish you all the best and hope that everything goes off without a hitch and the weather is perfect. Looking forward to getting together with you and Gail around a campfire somewhere down the road, another time.
Brian, what would work for your diet? I only went with the pot lucks because or time and some other reasons, including suggestions on this thread.

You bring up a good point about charging a fee for electric. I'm not sure how to deal with that in terms of the waiver, but will give it some thought.

I've never done anything like this before, plus I'm still a workin stiff. I feel bad that plans for the meals and this waiver mean you guys bow out. I could pretty much see this coming when it was suggested I do some kind of waiver document. I sure am open to other waivers that are better than the one I posted here. It took me a lot of time to do, as has all this organization since the rally was first proposed. Again, this is all new to me and all I can do is the best I can do.

Thanks,

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #180

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Frank,
Please don't misunderstand, I appreciate all the time and effort you have put into this. Without going into my medical history, it just doesn't look like good fit for us in many ways including the liability waiver. Who knows, if the weather is decent on Saturday, we may just drive up to say "Hi" and check out the new mods to your rig. We're only about 1 1/2 hrs away. Nancy is still a "workin' stiff" as well, so we feel your pain. I actually get up before she does every morning to fix her breakfast and pack her lunch so, retirement ain't necessarily all it's cracked up to be.

Regards,
Brian

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally