NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #41

Name: ernie
Trailer: trillium
New York
Mary: I will not be back from Fla. till the end of May. If rally @ Brattleboro is in June I would like to come. Ernie Z
ernie z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:33 PM   #42

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie z View Post
I would be up for either Copake or Brattleboro but would much prefer Brattleboro as owner was super to us. Ernie Z
Take in to consideration that the vintage trailer rallies at Brattleboro are set up and run by the campground owner Beverly. If we were to do a fiberglass rally there I don't think we could expect all the benefits she provides at the vintage rallies. Since it is a small campground it may be unreasonable to ask to have a number of sites blocked out for our use. I would suggest that to do it there we would have to do like we do at our teardrop rallies, and that is for the lead person to pick a site, and everyone else try to reserve around that lead persons site. We do our meet & greet and potluck at that site. We could do a morning coffee & donuts also if we can find a close source for donuts and a volunteer to make the donut run. To do such a rally we would have to reserve way ahead.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 02:38 PM   #43

Name: BERNIE
Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp KB2UM
New York
Just drove down from Deerfield NH after attending an amateur radio hamfest over the weekend and passed through Brattleboro for the first time. A beautiful location for a rally. The leaves were at their most brilliant. I would not hesitate to go there as Bob suggests if arrangements could be made. But on the other hand Sue did such a great job for us, if she were to make arrangements for our original gang from Copake, to attend another egg rally there ,Im sure there would be a big turnout.
Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #44

Name: ernie
Trailer: trillium
New York
As I said,I'm up for either but it would be hard to beat the owner of Brattleboro KOA. Ernie Z.
ernie z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #45

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
The NE Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble

Man o man, has this thread ever got off topic! We came up with a name for the rally. How's this, The Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble?

We have other things we are thinking about, like an all-around deal for maybe 40 or 50 bucks that would provide two breakfasts, two dinners and gas for pontoon boat rides on the Hudson. Maybe a pig roast if enough people sign up. There would not be any camping fee, just a modest fee for power. Again, there aren't individual water hook ups, but there is plenty of water. Shower and a toilet are available as well, and there is a free pump out 2 miles away. There's a boat launch on site for your kayaks and canoes too.

As I get more time, I will give this more thought. Ideas and suggestions are welcome!

By the way, we pick up our very own egg this Saturday...

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:11 PM   #46

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Frank

Did you buy the parkliner in n.j? Congrats
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #47

New York
Yes we did! Thanks!

Frank
Old 10-16-2013, 07:28 PM   #48

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Yes we did! Thanks!

Frank
Yay! So glad it worked out for you! Congrats on your new egg!

The rally plans sound great. We are up for a pig roast or whatever you decide. $50 for two breakfasts and two dinners plus pontoon rides is awesome. We would bring the kayaks for sure. I drove back along Rt 4 from Clifton Park on Sunday trying to figure out where your brother was. There's a couple of possibilities from what you describe. Somewhere between the Champlain Lock and Momentive.
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM   #49

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
Yay! So glad it worked out for you! Congrats on your new egg!

The rally plans sound great. We are up for a pig roast or whatever you decide. $50 for two breakfasts and two dinners plus pontoon rides is awesome. We would bring the kayaks for sure. I drove back along Rt 4 from Clifton Park on Sunday trying to figure out where your brother was. There's a couple of possibilities from what you describe. Somewhere between the Champlain Lock and Momentive.
Thanks Sue, we are very excited!

Once life calms down a bit, I will get on these plans and ideas some more. Between buying this egg, and a couple guys wanting to maybe buy my '09 GMC Canyon, it's been nutty. Then a weekend I planned on being home is going to be 1/2 consumed by driving to NJ for an egg! Hopefully things will all work out and sometime this month I can spend more time figuring stuff out for the meet. I need to start getting names, as we will have an egg limit, maybe 20?

Enjoy your day!

Frank
Old 10-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #50

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Why not 24, the you can say " Hudson River 2 Dozen Egg Scramble"
Old 10-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #51

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Why not 24, the you can say " Hudson River 2 Dozen Egg Scramble"
I need to talk to the Judge about this, but it has to wait till next week or later this month, too many things going on at once!

But yes, I like that 2 dozen thing...

Frank
Old 10-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #52

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Frank,
Count us in, whatever the name ends up being.
Thanks,
Brian

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #53

New York
That's great Brian, be good to see you and the little woman again.

Sold my GMC today so that means later this month all new brakes all around the F150, new ball joints, an alignment, and hitch and 7 pin connector! The rest is to pay ahead on bills. Now that's out of the way, looking forward to running down to Jersey Saturday and picking up ParkLiner #6. 48 hours and it will be at our place.

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #54

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
Hi Frank
We have been watching this thread and this rally sounds great. Please count us in.
Linda and Cliff Barnhart
midnitestork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #55

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
Hi Frank
We have been watching this thread and this rally sounds great. Please count us in.
Linda and Cliff Barnhart
That would be great Linda & Cliff! Where in Ontario do you folks hail from? A lot of my ancestors were from SDG Counties in SE Ontario, and we still get up there from time to time to visit graves.

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #56

Name: Linda
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
We will be coming in from Niagara Falls. My hubby's family all come from eastern Ontario...Cornwall, Gananoque etc. If you have ever been up that way, his family owned Barnhart Island, in the St. Lawrence River prior to the war of 1812. It was traded to the US with the Treaty of Ghent and now many of his family are buried at Messina NY. The island was partially flooded for the Seaway project years ago. We camped up that way a few years ago and I was able to do a lot of family research.
midnitestork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #57

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnitestork View Post
We will be coming in from Niagara Falls. My hubby's family all come from eastern Ontario...Cornwall, Gananoque etc. If you have ever been up that way, his family owned Barnhart Island, in the St. Lawrence River prior to the war of 1812. It was traded to the US with the Treaty of Ghent and now many of his family are buried at Messina NY. The island was partially flooded for the Seaway project years ago. We camped up that way a few years ago and I was able to do a lot of family research.
Gee, I didn't want to ask about the Barnhart thing! No kidding? That is amazing. Yes, I was born and raised in Massena and can just remember the power project flooding the river. My dad's mom was a Campbell, and was born and raised on Croil's Island, which was a Scot colony in the day. We have spent many enjoyable days at the state park on Barnhart Island. It is truly a small world! My older brother John, who has offered their property for this rally, would remember the flooding much better than I, as he is 7 or 8 years older than me. I still do remember it though!

Now we run out to Buffalo and Fredonia all the time as our youngest son lives in Buffalo and our middle son, his wife and our 2 year old grandson live in Fredonia. We hope to move out there in a few years when we retire.

Looking forward to meeting you folks!

Frank
Old 10-21-2013, 09:52 AM   #58

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Is Jim's Finger Lakes suggestion still on the table? Anyone interested in Watkins Glen or other?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #59

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Is Jim's Finger Lakes suggestion still on the table? Anyone interested in Watkins Glen or other?

jack
We'd love to meet up in the Finger Lakes! (If Jim or someone else wants to organize it.)
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #60

New York
This thread is supposed to be about our rally north of Albany. Is it normal to get off topic on these threads? It's weird, because I'll think I'm getting a relevant post in my email, only to come here and find it's not!

Thanks,

Frank

Tags
rally