WI 2014, June 11-15: Door county, "Eggs at Egg Harbor" - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2014, 09:55 PM   #61

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
BillE, that's a mighty large teardrop you have there...

37 degrees? Brrr! Was the ice still piled high along shore? I saw a picture a couple weeks ago of that.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:50 AM   #62

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillE View Post
Went to Terry Andre state park...just south of Sheboygan..it is right on Lake Michigan.

Where are you located in Wisc? Where you going camping?
Ahh, still haven't been to Terry Andre. Was hoping to go a couple weeks ago, but ended up having other things interfere.

I live in Milwaukee. Heading up to Hartman Creek State Park near Waupaca on Friday evening for the weekend.
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #63

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Hand and Foot

Does anyone play the card game "Hand and Foot?"

We will be in site 412 June 9-14. Let us know if anyone wants to play. There are so many variations on rules, we can all decide which rules to play.

We will bring cards, rules, pens and score paper.

I won't be joining the fishing group so that is one time I would be available. Fred and I both enjoy the game and would like to play partners too.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:58 AM   #64

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
That sounds good Nancy. We will add to google site when it gets updated, after the local garden club sale this weekend. Kathy Dalby is doing us a great favor by creating this for the rally.
Looks like 50 fiberglass trailers and a total of 54 participants signed up, still room in the non service (tent) sites. If folks happen to know someone to double up with the campground owners are on board with that as well.
Only 7 weeks to June 11, doesn't feel like summer here! Keep your fingers crossed.
Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 08:59 AM   #65

Tony,

If you people do the fishing early in the week let's put down a "Learn to play Hand and Foot" session at the same time for non fishing people. I probably won't get any bites either.

One of the reasons Fred and I like this game is that it is fun with just two people. We don't have TV and it is fun to play one game in the evening when in our Scamp. Maybe everyone else is watching TV at that time.

Nancy
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 AM   #66

Have learned from the grapevine that there is only one tent site near the playground left available.

Nancy
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 AM   #67

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Games, eh? Cards Against Humanity, anyone?
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #68

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
I know this is kinda crazy queston, but here goes anyway (especially knowing most of us experienced "unusual"weather this year). I am getting ready to pack my winter clothes away and transition to summer. What should I maybe leave out for the rally....warm sweater, a t-neck or two, pair of wool socks, any thing kind of winterish? I do get cold easily and usually layer...just this week went from 3-4 layers in house down to 2. I live in so. Missouri so my idea of hot, warm, warmish, chilly, cold, brutal cold is different from my northern neighbors.

Thanks.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:58 PM   #69

Hi Imogene,

I just did a historical weather search on intellicast for Sturgeon Bay, WI.

The record low was about 29 for that time period. The record high was 96.

Does that help you? Guess I better order a new electric cube heater, none in town now and ours bit the dust camping around freezing over the weekend.

Really looking forward to seeing you again.

Nancy
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #70

Average 51-73. My last post was a bit mean spirited.

Fred said if you bring a bikini it better be fur lined.

Nancy
Old 05-06-2014, 08:25 PM   #71

Missouri
Smile

Guess I'll keep a few "winter" duds unpacked from my totes so they can be packed in the trailer. Took shorts and t's to SW last dec. and jan....they stayed packed in the casita.

Looking forward to seeing you and Fred again. We are spending a week at Egg Harbor then driving to Hibbing, Minn. To visit with family for a couple of days.

See you soon.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:42 PM   #72

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
I would look for a cooler than usual campout this June in WI. The Great Lakes got colder than usual and had more ice than usual. Those lakes act like a temperature buffer.

I heard it snowed again yesterday just a couple hours north of there in da U.P. of MI.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #73

Missouri
Hi, Mike. Kinda hard to imagine when ok. has been in 90's past couple of days and we've been in mid 80's. How's the quakes? My brother has experienced them in Stillwater.

guess it's settled, take some warm clothes to Wisc. and minn. along with summer stuff.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #74

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
As of yesterday, there was only one tent site (205) available. We passed on it, but asked to be put on a waiting list if a spot opens up.

Pat, Nancy, Snow & BooBoo
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #75

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
Campground says no sites left

We have called the campground and were told the rally has filled all available sites. We will be updating the google link when the local plant sale is over. Our kind web person, Kathy Dalby, is doing a lot for the sale and is busy potting plants and organizing as we speak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imo. View Post
Hi, Mike. Kinda hard to imagine when ok. has been in 90's past couple of days and we've been in mid 80's. How's the quakes? My brother has experienced them in Stillwater.

guess it's settled, take some warm clothes to Wisc. and minn. along with summer stuff.
Imogene, Darlene and i have been there the same week the last two years and it has been the first "nice" weeks of the season (70s/40s). But as Mike suggests this year could easily be cooler. At least the bugs are not usually a problem. Owners said they were opening the pool, so that's progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lv4toys View Post
As of yesterday, there was only one tent site (205) available. We passed on it, but asked to be put on a waiting list if a spot opens up.

Pat, If you want an A-frame (this was a KOA formerly) you could get one for a reduced rate, see Door county, and check out the trailers. Pets allowed in A-frames but not in the newer, very nice cabins.
Only 5 weeks to Eggs @ Egg Harbor.
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:00 AM   #76

Minnesota
Tony: thanks for the heads up on the A-Frame idea. We were already planning to attend a rally in IA in June, but met so many great "Eggheads" last weekend at the Milles Lacs gathering, we thought we would try and get in at Egg Harbor. Who know, maybe there will be a cancellation, otherwise we are heading to IA. Have a great time everyone!
Old 05-10-2014, 05:20 PM   #77

Golf anyone? There is a course next door and I think Fred will bring his clubs.

Nancy
Old 05-11-2014, 09:29 AM   #78

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
Jill and I are on site T205 Thursday-Sunday. Look forward to meeting all you eggheads. ;-)

John and Jill Linck
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #79

Minnesota
Egg Harbor found us a site for the first few days of the gathering, so at least we will be able to meet most of you. If there is a cancellation we can move to that site, otherwise we will be heading home early (which is ok)! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Old 05-12-2014, 11:19 AM   #80

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I was scheduled for 14 (a pull through site) from Wednesday through Saturday nights. I'll need to stick around SE Michigan for a month or two. I'll be canceling my reservation after posting this. Safe journeys and well wishes to all who attend.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote