WI 2014, June 11-15: Door county, "Eggs at Egg Harbor" - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17
Mount Horeb, Wisconsin
2014, June 11-15: Door county, "Eggs at Egg Harbor"

We will be hosting a fiberglass trailer rally in Door County, WI next year, June 11-15, 2014. As noted, the location is Egg Harbor, which is on the bay side of the county. The campground is Egg Harbor Campground and RV Resort. "Eggs at Egg Harbor" is so obvious, but so appropriate we couldn't resist. Link: http://www.eggharborcampground.com/v1/
The owners, Mike and Debbie, have given us a discounted rate of $29.00/night (regular rate $38.00) for water and electric, and $38.00 for full service (limited sites available for these). They will hold 43 sites (including 5 full service) until May 1, 2014.Let them know you're with the "Eggs at Egg Harbor" rally. The phone number is (920)-868-3278.Please PM us with your information,(names and trailer brand/year/model), when you register. We are able to use a pavilion for a pot luck and music, if needed. There is a new bathroom/shower in the loops we're using, as well as an older, well-maintained facility in the office building.
Door County is called the "Cape Cod of the Midwest" and we think you will agree. Guide books will be available at Taylor Falls,MN event this September and more information to follow. Tony and Darlene
Tony Nowak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #2

Name: Jen
Trailer: 2008 13ft Scamp 2nd owner
Wisconsin
Registry
Smile Ohhh...Ma...Gerd!

How in the world could I have missed this posting?

My husband and I LOVE Door County. We camp @ least twice per year, every year @ Peninsula State Park in Fish Creek. To get there, we have to drive right by this campground.

The wineries , the restaurants , the shops, the antiques, the scenery... PURE HEAVEN.

I better go, I need to make my reservations!
jalanjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #3

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Registry
We'll be there

We will be there
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:57 PM   #4

Name: Diane
Trailer: 19' 2002 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Diane R.
We made our reservations this morning before leaving the Taylors Falls scrambled egg rally. Really looking forward to seeing Door County!
Diane R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #5

Trailer: 2006 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe / 1993 Surburban
Registry
Sounds like a must go to event.
Jim Hovind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #6

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Got our reservation in today
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #7

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We were all burning up the phone line making our reservations while at Taylor Falls. Lots of sites already booked. This will be a really great rally. I think some of the sites are large enough to double up on, we should all be able to be in the same area.

Tony and Darlene are great. Thanks so much for putting this on. BTW, many of us are showing up early on Monday.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 10:21 AM   #8

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Heh... it was pretty funny to call up the campground and say "Yes, it's another one of those EGG PEOPLE!" I can imagine from their standpoint it's great knowing they won't have to worry about at least one week next year!
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #9

Name: Ramsey
Trailer: 16' Scamp
Wisconsin
Somehow this one got by me ......living on Wisconsin's East Coast it's only about 75 miles north.....registered a little while ago
Ramsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #10

Trailer: 1992 13 ft Scamp
We'll be there assuming nothing changes. Called yesterday from Taylors Falls before heading home to Superior. Before concluding our confirmation with the campground, I asked them if their sites were large enough to accommodate a 13 footer. He paused, chuckled, and replied that he thought we'd fit.
D & D 1.0
DianeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #11

Name: Gary & Kan-Mui
Trailer: Scamp 13 ("Eggspats")/ Jeep Liberty
Michigan
Registry
Sorry we missed the rally at Taylor Falls; looks like everyone had a grand time. We're exploring a bit of the "wild west" at this time (attached photo shows just how wild Kan-Mui has become). We're currently ensconced in Cody WY waiting out the "1st winter storm of the season".

However, we were able to contact the Door County Campground this morning to make reservations for the gathering there 11-15 Jun 2014. We have been slotted into site 410.
Attached Thumbnails
Karen on horseback.jpg  
oldchinahands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:19 AM   #12

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2000 Scamp 13'
Wisconsin
Registry
A couple of months ago I was looking for some information for my 13' Scamp and came upon this site and lo and behold, there was going to be a gathering of Scamps (which I now know go by a variety of very interesting names) right in my neighborhood. Even though I wasn't able to join in on the camping I did stop by Sat afternoon for a bit to find out what this group was all about. What I found was a bunch of over the top friendly people who looked like they were having a blast. Even ran into Dave and Diane from my town who I had no idea were Scampers, or in their case, U-Haulers. Reservations are made and I'm excited and absolutely looking forward to going to my first rally.
TomV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #13

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomV View Post
A couple of months ago I was looking for some information for my 13' Scamp and came upon this site and lo and behold, there was going to be a gathering of Scamps (which I now know go by a variety of very interesting names) right in my neighborhood. Even though I wasn't able to join in on the camping I did stop by Sat afternoon for a bit to find out what this group was all about. What I found was a bunch of over the top friendly people who looked like they were having a blast. Even ran into Dave and Diane from my town who I had no idea were Scampers, or in their case, U-Haulers. Reservations are made and I'm excited and absolutely looking forward to going to my first rally.
Yes Tom We have a great bunch here . we have been doing this since around 2000 and go by many names ,but mostly "scrambled eggs" And anyone who wants will be invited to our own page on the web just send me your name and e mail
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #14

Name: Tim
Trailer: Homebuilt Teardrop
Minnesota
We will be arriving June 9th and leaving on June 15th! Door County here we come!
TPMcGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #15

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMcGinty View Post
We will be arriving June 9th and leaving on June 15th! Door County here we come!
Same here! And I've been practicing my ukulele as well. In eight months I should have one or two songs down pat.
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Registry
Site 506...

We got site 506..we'lll see you there
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #17

Name: Imogene
Trailer: 2013 Casita
Missouri
After meeting several of you in Nebraska and hearing your descriptions of Door County, we just called and got signed up.

I'm assuming most of the snow will be gone by then...LOL. Arriving June 10 and leaving June 16.
Imo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #18

Name: DaveWI
Trailer: 2014 16‘ Scamp Deluxe
Wisconsin
Tony and Darlene -

Just made our reservation!

Dave and Teri
DaveWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 07:05 AM   #19

Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Just made reservations, it'll be our first rally and can't wait. From Wisconsin so know how beautiful it is up there.

Pete and Donna
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 PM   #20

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
Just made our reservations, sort of. We'll be there Friday night and go home Sunday. Also our first rally! Excited to see what some other owners have done with their eggs!
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote