MN 2014, May 2-4: Mille Lacs Kathio State Park (MN) - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2014, 11:13 AM   #81

Name: Tim
Trailer: Homebuilt Teardrop
Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
scrap paper with our names written down.
The winner! Why didn't I think of that?!
TPMcGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:05 PM   #82

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
De-winterized the Scamp yesterday, flushed out all the pipes, brought the cushions out from the garage, and repaired the Rav's electrical connector (As in "replaced it". The thing had an argument with a frozen snow bank and lost!). I get back from Seattle at 2 and we should be on the road by 3. I can hardly wait!!!
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #83

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
Got mine de-winterized (or is that summer-ized?) as well. Couldn't quite get all the rv antifreeze out of water tank merely by pump and gravity. Had to employ the use of my kayak bilge sponge to get all the pink liquid. Gosh I'm glad I put that deck plate on my water tank!
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #84

Minnesota
Registry
BTW for potluck I'm gonna bring Jamaican Jerk Chicken, Brown Rice & Black Beans in a crockpot. I'm also bringing my friend Ruthie and, of course, Farley the dog (but not for potluck, just to camp with me).
Old 04-27-2014, 04:45 PM   #85

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
Got mine de-winterized (or is that summer-ized?) as well. Couldn't quite get all the rv antifreeze out of water tank merely by pump and gravity. Had to employ the use of my kayak bilge sponge to get all the pink liquid. Gosh I'm glad I put that deck plate on my water tank!
Do you not have a drain on your fresh water tank?
I just open my drain to empty it.
I pump anti-freeze in through the city water connection so no anti-freeze goes into the fresh water tank.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #86

Minnesota
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Do you not have a drain on your fresh water tank?
I just open my drain to empty it.
I pump anti-freeze in through the city water connection so no anti-freeze goes into the fresh water tank.
I do have a drain, but it drains from the side of the tank, not the bottom, so it presents the same problem as pumping it out to the sink. I only have a 12v pump to feed water to the sink, no city water connection. <_<
Old 04-28-2014, 05:58 AM   #87

Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil M. View Post
I do have a drain, but it drains from the side of the tank, not the bottom, so it presents the same problem as pumping it out to the sink. I only have a 12v pump to feed water to the sink, no city water connection. <_<
I'm glad my little Teardrop doesn't have any water system in it. Getting it ready for camping season is easy!
Old 04-28-2014, 09:18 AM   #88

Trailer: 1977 Surfside TM-14
Registry
No water system in mine yet but maybe later. Looking forward to the weekend!

Sent from my Arc using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Luc Riezebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 02:19 PM   #89

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
No water system for us either.

I am watching the rain and thinking about the large paved parking lot down there.... Picked my low spot to be near the restroom. Parking lot would be a very long walk! Parking lot also would not have electricity, since we haven't a gas furnace I'll put up with the swim. Will bring along a porch.
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:19 AM   #90

Minnesota
Here is the weather forecast for the weekend as of now:

Thu May 01Rain / Snow Showers 45°/35° 70%

Fri May 02Few Showers5 0°/36° 30%

Sat May 03Few Showers 51°/35° 30%

Sun May 04Partly Cloudy 51°/36° 20%

Not terrible for the weekend but the people that are going on Thursday might get a little wet.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:54 AM   #91

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPMcGinty View Post
OK.. Please reply to this post with what you would like to bring to the pot luck and any questions you may have. Thanks.
I will be bringing Black beans and ham seasoned with homemade maple sugar
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #92

Minnesota
I've got some sad news. Our fellow Tearjerker's, Gary and Cheri, will be unable to make it to this gathering due to a death in the family. They have called the park and made arrangements with them to give their camping spot (35E) to the first people checking in with either a Teardrop or Scamp type trailer and no previous reservations. Whoever gets there first will get a FREE two night stay because I believe the reservation is for just Friday and Saturday nights. If you are arriving today you will have to pay for one night. It will be interesting to see who gets 35E.
Old 05-01-2014, 11:41 AM   #93

Trailer: 1996 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel ('TOGETHERNEST' SLEEPS 8
All packed and ready to roll what did I forget Popcorn and ,Bags , oil salt popper stove and all hoses, Cowboy coffee pots, coffee {cowboys don't use cream or sugar so bring some if you want},shingle,oh well I will surly forget something.So be it SEEYALL THERE!!
Lyndon Laney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #94

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
The weather was good, and the company was great.

Thanks Tim for inviting the eggs to join you. Fun to meet new people.

Looking forward to seeing lots of you at Egg Harbor, WI.

Nancy and Fred
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:57 AM   #95

Minnesota
Thanks everyone for coming to our little gathering! It was fun getting the Tearjerkers and the Eggheads together! A special thanks to the following people:

1. Pat and Nancy for hosting the Saturday morning breakfast.

2. Lori and Beth for helping at the pot luck on Saturday.

3. Gary and Cheri for generously donating their camping spot when they could not make it. We missed you guys!

4. All the wonderful musicians for entertaining us on Saturday and Sunday evenings.

5. Lyndon for making the morning cowboy coffee and the evening popcorn.

6. All the generous people that donated the door prizes for the drawing on Saturday.

7. And anyone that I have forgotten. There were a lot of people that helped in many ways.

Next year we will be having this gathering on the first weekend in May at Whitewater State Park Whitewater State Park: Minnesota DNR . I will be attending from Wednesday night to Sunday afternoon because I want to hit the 100 mile garage sale. http://www.mississippi-river.org/100-miles-of-fun/sales/
Old 05-05-2014, 08:09 AM   #96

Name: gary
Trailer: 16' 1998 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
It was a blast! Ooooo... and we Evil Egg Owners may have turned some of the Tear Jerkers over to the Dark Side of The Force! Bwhahahahahahah!
fusedlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #97

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
North Dakota
Thanks for inviting us to participate in some of the activities after we showed up at the campground in our Casita unaware of the rally! I guess we are just accidental eggheads. .. Scott & Jodi
Ndcampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:46 PM   #98

Name: Pat
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15a
Minnesota
It was a great weekend and enjoyed meeting everyone. It was our pleasure to host Saturday morning's breakfast get together and hope we can do it again next year at Whitewater. Bernie: thanks for bringing your waffle iron over.

I hope the kids (Snow & Boo) weren't too disruptive. They had a great time and slept all the way home. I think they were ready to pack up their dog bowls and head out this morning on another camping adventure.

Pat, Nancy, Snow & BooBoo
Lv4toys is offline   Reply With Quote