IN 2014, May 9-11: 9th annual Indiana Spring rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #21

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
The terriers and I will be on site 243.
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:50 PM   #22

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
A Michigan contingency will be attending. Mary & I will be on site #246; our friends, Tom & Cindy (Trillium 4500) will be on site #245; our friends Joe & Andrea (Big Foot) have reserved a site, don't know which one; outside chance our friend Sarah will get her new-to-her Casita ready in time to join us, also. See you all in a couple weeks.
Marv Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #23

Trailer: Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Watson View Post
A Michigan contingency will be attending. Mary & I will be on site #246; our friends, Tom & Cindy (Trillium 4500) will be on site #245; our friends Joe & Andrea (Big Foot) have reserved a site, don't know which one; outside chance our friend Sarah will get her new-to-her Casita ready in time to join us, also. See you all in a couple weeks.
Marv, hope you and Mary have been well. Connie and I have missed not getting to see you the last few years. Unfortunately for us we will not make this years rally due to a conflict. We would love to be able to visit and catch up with you two, but maybe next year. We will get to see a few of the usual crowd the following week at Bo Wood campground in Illinois. Have a great time. Hope to run into you again soon. Randy and Connie.
Randy W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:26 AM   #24

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Getting ready to shove off this coming weekend. As usual I'm staying the week ahead of the get together. Basement plumbing issues this weekend (the less details the better but think Rotor Rooter) kept me from cleaning/polishing Castle Pretentious. (I never even heard of Orangeburg pipes before. Sheesh) Plus it's suppose to rain all week around here. Just saying that things will be a little scruffier than usual and I'll need a little slack compared to everyone's else's normally spiffy trailers.

See y'all soon.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 AM   #25

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Yep one of several sewer collection systems that have gone wrong over the years
You actually got a good number of years service out of it
We first noticed issues in the 70's
It was a replacement for tile or soil pipe
Plastic started to replace it in the late 60's ABS and PVC finally became standard but there wer a couple of other plastics that had issues also
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #26

Name: Joe and Andrea
Trailer: '84 Casita, '90 17' Bigfoot
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv Watson View Post

We have reserved site #248
Joe and Andrea C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #27

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
I count 14 campers coming . Steve...............have a safe trip. See you all soon. I MIGHT try to wax the Companion this weekend.............but maybe not. :-)
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:47 AM   #28

Registry
Bring your heavy duty extension cords. Site 245 65' site 239 54' site 242 51' site 229 45' site 246 42' site 233 87' site 232 39' site 237 39' site 243 36'. From back corner of pad to post. Rest have campers on them. I just paced them off and converted to feet. Maybe bring a cord to loan. I have any number of cords.....at home! Already hit the hardware store. Nice RV cord Tho'.
Old 05-04-2014, 03:46 PM   #29

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
Shined up the Companion today and bought another extension cord. Friday can't come soon enough. Sharon and I will be bringing Italian Beef Sandwiches to the pitch-in. Have a safe trip everyone.
Attached Images

Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
Bring your heavy duty extension cords. Site 245 65' site 239 54' site 242 51' site 229 45' site 246 42' site 233 87' site 232 39' site 237 39' site 243 36'. From back corner of pad to post. Rest have campers on them. I just paced them off and converted to feet. Maybe bring a cord to loan. I have any number of cords.....at home! Already hit the hardware store. Nice RV cord Tho'.
Thanks for the heads up.
Roy Bakehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 AM   #31

Name: julie
Trailer: Casita
Washington
Finally it is almost here. My 91 year old mom has been waiting patiently for this rally, so she can see a Casita Freedom face to face.
I bought a 2014 this February in Washington state, but she can no longer travel. Mom lives in Champaign, so will drive over from therecon Saturday.
Ed, as far as I can tell, you are the only Freedom owner attending, so will be definitely knocking on your door. It will be fun for me to see all the different trailers so I'm looking forward to it as well. Shouldn't take too long, thanks for the invite last fall. Will be taking pics for the Xmas calendar!

Julie
nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:53 PM   #32

Trailer: 1987 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Talking

Geronimo!!! That's the sold of Jim Bago bailing out. Hoping to get my truck back tomorrow, repaired my riding mower today, expecting parts for the washer tomorrow, and awaiting diagnostics on my Big Sis. Hope to catch most of you in the fall. The fact that I've seen the Wabash thumb it's serpentine nose at river banks and the weather looks crap did not help in my decision either. Luv you hoosiers and others!! Stay dry!
Jim Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:20 AM   #33

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutter View Post
Finally it is almost here. My 91 year old mom has been waiting patiently for this rally, so she can see a Casita Freedom face to face.
I bought a 2014 this February in Washington state, but she can no longer travel. Mom lives in Champaign, so will drive over from therecon Saturday.
Ed, as far as I can tell, you are the only Freedom owner attending, so will be definitely knocking on your door. It will be fun for me to see all the different trailers so I'm looking forward to it as well. Shouldn't take too long, thanks for the invite last fall. Will be taking pics for the Xmas calendar!

Julie
Julie

I am doubtful as of now that I can make it this weekend.
I am stuck out of town still on a job and am not sure the timing can still work for me?

I will PM you my number and you can call me before heading out if you like?

I am surprised if mine is the only Freedom in attendance but........

Sorry

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #34

Washington
Ed, thanks for letting me know. I will ask mom if she still wants to go if my actual trailer is not there...I originally was set to return today but was able to extend my trip through the weekend to help her with some medical stuff.
I know Freedoms are not common, so doesn't surprise me if yours is the only one.
Will get back to you and don't worry if you can't make it...at least we will have known...Julie
Old 05-07-2014, 09:02 AM   #35

Washington
Another thought...I will see if anyone from the Bo Woods rally has a Freedom attending...if so, my sister can take her the following weekend or perhaps I can take her this weekend if the owner lives close by and could just drive to his/her home...Julie
Old 05-07-2014, 04:03 PM   #36

Washington
Okay it looks like mom is still interested in going, i mean the side seats are the only diff for petes sake...and i am interested in seeing the bigfoot and trillum, have heard abt these trailers for years. Sis will be joining us and we will have a picnic somewhere in the park.
Ed, sorry you can't make it.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #37

Washington
I want to thank everyone for being so friendly and helpful this past Saturday...a special thank you to Sharon and Karen, Joe and Mary for allowing mom to view their trailers.
She commented several times how nice everyone was...it made mother's Day weekend very special for her. Plus she got her footrest fixed by Roy, I think?

I am heading back on Tuesday for my neck of the woods and the Casita rally will be a highlight for me as well. Thanks again. Julie
Old 05-13-2014, 06:54 AM   #38

Registry
About half the attendees...Waiting for the feast and just before the shade moved into the treeline and we all migrated across the street for a shadier spot. It was warm but nice, especially after the dismal winter.
Attached Thumbnails
20140510_145559a.jpg  

Tags
rally