NC 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 05:40 PM   #81

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Thank you Karen and Mike. Will get you on the list! Are you part of the LA bunch that attended last fall? If not, looking forward to meeting you. Lynne
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 06:10 PM   #82

Name: Karen & Mike
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne r View Post
Thank you Karen and Mike. Will get you on the list! Are you part of the LA bunch that attended last fall? If not, looking forward to meeting you. Lynne
Yes we are in the same site from last year # 72 looking forward to seeing everyone
karenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:18 PM   #83

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
This and that!

Hi all,

I spent some time on the phone with Happy Holiday this morning..

As far as they are able to tell me, there are 48 rigs currently registered for Cherokee 2014. Not at all sure about the number of people. Guestimating 80+.

Please be sure and contact Lynne lyprs@aol.com , Jean borderbrae@aol.com, or me Kipann@att.net when you register, change sites, or cancel.

The official Web Page (created and maintained by Jean) is http://www.borderbrae.com/cherokee/cherokee.html

While on that Web page, You can click on "Participants" button and see who is scheduled and when they arrive. And the "Activities" button for schedules of events.

Sometimes there is a slight delay before all info is available on the Web page. Jean is very busy and sometimes a day or 2 may pass before she is able to get the information.

Thanks,
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 07:40 AM   #84

Georgia
Same ole-same ole

Hello all,

The leadership and staff have had a Pow-Wow. My understanding is as follows.

The participant list is something that many or most rallies don't do. We think/thought it nice to have, so everyone would know who is coming, when they will be there, and where they are located.

I've been checking regularly with Happy Holiday and deciphering their list vs ours.

Simply put, HH can tell us which sites currently have Egg folks registered on them. Unfortunately they say that many of the sites have 4 people ,which is difficult for me to understand how four folks will be camping in an EGG. Especially when I'm pretty sure they are soloist.

Happy Holiday's latest count is 46 (not 48) rigs and 118 people. Also the names on some sites no longer coincide with what we have on the lists.
Obviously moves or cancellation are taking place, hopefully no other SURPRISE when we arrive.

We urge each person to periodically check the "Participants List" at
http://www.borderbrae.com/cherokee/cherokee.html for accuracy of your status. If it is accurate, no action is required. If inaccurate in any way, please notify one of us.

From this point on we will be relying strictly on your input.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 05-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #85

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
We plan on attending but have not signed up. Not familiar with the place and need to figure out which site would be good. I may give her a call in a day or so. We don't have our trailer yet but should be getting in mid-August. Looking forward to both the camper arrival and travel to Cherokee.

Marti
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 10:32 AM   #86

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMarti View Post
We plan on attending but have not signed up. Not familiar with the place and need to figure out which site would be good. I may give her a call in a day or so. We don't have our trailer yet but should be getting in mid-August. Looking forward to both the camper arrival and travel to Cherokee.

Marti
Hi Marti,
You can go to Happy Holiday web site map
http://www.happyholidayrv.com/assets...e-Site-Map.pdf Enlarge the map with the % thing at the top

We are grouped pretty much on the left side of the entrance road that goes straight thru to the back.

You can look here to see which sites we are on so far.
Cherokee Rally Participants

Hope y'all can join us.
Old 05-30-2014, 10:32 AM   #87

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita
Texas
Where is Cherokee

A bit of constructive advice so don't take it wrong. It would be extremely helpful if people would say where Cherokee or other rally sites are located. This would help newbies like me immensely.
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 06:41 PM   #88

Georgia
Hi J.R.,

Thanks for the advice.

Sorry for the confusion.
It shows NC in the listing on the Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Upcoming) section, which is part of the forum listings.

Ours is close to the top right now. Subject to change as new post are added. This post may put it at the top.

Here it is:

NC | 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee

Most all the listings there start with the State. That helps folks to look for upcoming rallies in areas they are interested in.

For instance, this is one just passed in Texas.

TX | 2014, April 23-27: Bluebonnet Rally

Hope this helps and that you can join us!

We have one Texas couple registered so far.
http://www.borderbrae.com/cherokee/participants.html

Kip
Old 06-06-2014, 09:14 AM   #89

Tennessee
Just booked site 910. We'll be arriving on the 15th. May try to get in a hike on Thursday or Friday if anyone is interested. I've not done any research to see what's available in the area. We are excited. First rally for us.

Marti
Old 06-06-2014, 11:23 AM   #90

Hey guys! So glad you will be joining us....sounds like you have a Casita corralled! Looking forward to seeing you again. BTW, my brain does not have the face recognition gene....I must ask people who they are over and over...please do not get offended!!! (This goes for everyone that I have not met at least 5 or 6 times!)
Old 06-07-2014, 05:00 AM   #91

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMarti View Post
Just booked site 910. We'll be arriving on the 15th. May try to get in a hike on Thursday or Friday if anyone is interested. I've not done any research to see what's available in the area. We are excited. First rally for us.

Marti
Hi Marti,

Welcome to the 2 of you.

Maybe you can get with Lynne and figure how to organize that hike.

Most likely there are a few that are familiar with the Cherokee area and good hiking trails.

Kip
Old 06-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #92

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Smile

Good day to all. I trust this email finds everyone in good spirits and having a great summer camping/traveling season. I just returned from a long Southern Utah trip and are busy getting "Big Edna" ready for some more local short trips.

WRT to this rally we are reserved on site 810, arriving on Friday 17 Oct 14 and departing on Monday 20 Oct 14. Looking forward to seeing repeat participants and new folks as well. WRT to the Chili Dump, I was hoping that George McDermott would be participating as he is the "Father of the Chili Dump" and has all the required equipment. In his absence I will try and follow in his footsteps.

Unfortunately I will need to solicit your support with the required equipment such as a propane burner, huge cooking pot; paddle etc... Without your support we will not be able to execute. If you can support any of this equipment please let me know via this medium or via email at huevo_movil@yahoo.com. Although the Chili Dump sounds odd it has always been a huge success with nary a drop of chili left.

Look forward to seeing you all. Best. Shorty sends...
Attached Thumbnails
20140414_104020_resized.jpg  
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:00 AM   #93

Georgia
Hey Chuck,

CHUCK?

Glad you will be joining us.

Looks like you pulled trigger on a Motor Coach!
Glad you are joining us.It just gets better and better!

Lynne has the reins this year. She might have some idea where the equipment can be found as well as a time/place for the dump.

Kip
Old 06-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #94

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kip in Ga. View Post
Hey Chuck,

CHUCK?

Glad you will be joining us.

Looks like you pulled trigger on a Motor Coach!
Glad you are joining us.It just gets better and better!

Lynne has the reins this year. She might have some idea where the equipment can be found as well as a time/place for the dump.

Kip
Chuck, nice huh? Going UC on this forum... well maybe not... OK just wanted to let you know I was in. Just got back from the Southern Utah tour and had a BLAST! As far as I can tell the requirements are quite simple; huge pot; propane burner, stand; stirring paddle; and chili. Mix together, heat, eat and repeat. Best. Shorty sends...
Old 06-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #95

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Just made reservations for the Cherokee Egg Rally, checking in Oct 15, leaving Oct 19, Campsite #87 on the creek. see u-all there
Old 06-20-2014, 11:04 AM   #96

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMA & Pachyderm Posse View Post
Just made reservations for the Cherokee Egg Rally, checking in Oct 15, leaving Oct 19, Campsite #87 on the creek. see u-all there
Thanks Herschel,

See you and Darlene there.

FWIW: Unless something has happened without our knowledge, y'all are #50 (rig) to be registered for this year's colossal event!

Kip
Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #97

Hello everyone. Hope all are well. Having not received any feedback to my post on 18 Jun 14, I throw the question out there, “Is there any interest in doing the chili dump at Cherokee on Friday night?” If so we need folks to help provide some of the required equipment which is as follows:
1. A donation of Chili. Either homemade, canned or store bought.
2. A large pot so we can mix it in.
3. A burner to cook it on.
4. A spoon/paddle to stir it.
5. And a ladle to serve it.
If you can support items 2 through 5 let me know via this medium or via email @ huevo_movil@yahoo.com. Thanks
Old 06-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #98

Georgia
For those unfamiliar with a "Chili Dump":

Each participant brings a bowl, can, or bucket of their favorite chili. And dump it in the really big pot with everyone else's.

The pot and fire source is usually the type and size used for deep frying entire turkeys. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=Turkey+cookers

The reason for a boat paddle is that there are very few instruments suitable for reaching that deep into a cook pot, to keep the chili from scorching, while heating up. .

It is nice to have a place to eat after a day of exploring, without having to fix supper.

Ann and I will be glad to furnish the Saltine Crackers if this gets off the ground.

Kip
Old 06-25-2014, 08:05 AM   #99

Chiming in....re: Chili Dump. If anyone has the required equipment, a chili dump would be enjoyable. But we do have several other things on the agenda for Friday.....please don't forget to check the wonderful website that's maintained by Borderbrae.

Cherokee Rally

On this site one can see who is attending and the activities that are scheduled.
If the chili dump is a go.....it will be added to the schedule.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in October as well as looking forward to some cooler weather!
Old 06-27-2014, 05:04 AM   #100

Tennessee
I just noticed that our names are not on the participate's list. We're in 910. Looking forward to the Ralley.