NC 2014, October 16-19: Cherokee - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2014, 05:29 AM   #101

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Roy and Marti....thank you so much for pointing this out! We have several internal lists...somehow you did not get transferred to the main one. We will recheck everyone.

If any one else is not listed....please let us know!

The main list is controlled by Jean who is out seeing wonderful things...will get you added as soon as possible!
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:43 PM   #102

Name: Karen & Mike
Trailer: Casita
Louisiana
Haven't been on in awhile ! How is things going looking forward to Oct !

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
karenmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:09 PM   #103

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Hello Karen & Mike! Things are moving along.....look on the previous page for the link to the web page that lists the activities planned and participants. Link is Cherokee Rally......currently sitting on top of a mountain with very little Connection making reposting the link difficult. Lots of first time rally goers...need to make them feel welcome.
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #104

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
Booked in for 820. Will be there Friday and pull out Sunday. Tried to get 80 but it got booked. Will be bringing ELBERT the CT-13. Will be just me.
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:35 AM   #105

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
Booked in for 820. Will be there Friday and pull out Sunday. Tried to get 80 but it got booked. Will be bringing ELBERT the CT-13. Will be just me.
Thanks for the info Chris.

Glad you will be joining us. Looking forward to seeing what you have done with Elbert!
Kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:13 PM   #106

Name: Cole
Trailer: Burro "widebody"
South Carolina
New to FG Rv's

Looking to talk with some locals about the joys of owning these campers we bought our first last week. trying to plan our first trip and this seems like a good local trip to make.
Attached Thumbnails
photo 2.JPG  
coleslaw31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 04:29 AM   #107

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by coleslaw31 View Post
Looking to talk with some locals about the joys of owning these campers we bought our first last week. trying to plan our first trip and this seems like a good local trip to make.
Y'all can learn more, and have more fun, at a rally of like minded folk than you can when camping among strangers for years.

Come join us!

Just be sure to tell Happy Holiday that you are with the "Egg" group so you get the 20% discount. Then let one of us know your first name(s), site number, and home state, for our participants list.

You can look here for more information.

Cherokee Rally

Kip
Old 08-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #108

Name: Rand
Trailer: '05 Casita LD
South Carolina
Hi Kip,
We just found the rally and are attempting to get signed up. Will email tomorrow if we can get ahold of the campground for reservations...not answering tonight so far.
Rand and Barbara
Lugoff, S.C.
Rand Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 04:47 AM   #109

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Rowe View Post
Hi Kip,
We just found the rally and are attempting to get signed up. Will email tomorrow if we can get ahold of the campground for reservations...not answering tonight so far.
Rand and Barbara
Lugoff, S.C.
Glad you folks will be joining us. Let us know when you get your reservation info. Be sure to mention "Egg Group" to Happy Holiday.

Kip
Old 08-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #110

Georgia
Good morning all,

Three more rigs joined up this weekend and 1 this AM. We have 60 rigs registered that we know about.

Shaping up to be a great rally!

Don't forget that If you have some type of camping gear to sell or give away, bring it along with you. Of course that would include "Eggs".

A tasteful "For Sale" sign will let others know you have something they just may want.

Also, if you are shopping for something, let it be known.
Sometimes folks don't know they want to sell something until they find out someone is looking!

Kip
Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 PM   #111

Name: Cathy
Trailer: 1973 Love Bug '13
Florida
Registry
Hi,

We signed up for the 2012 Rally but the bottom fell out of our Bug (literally), and we had to cancel. After 2 years spent rebuilding, we took our first camping trip in July. Things aren't finished and we aren't pretty, but we are road worthy.

Just me, Cathy, and my dog Sackett
Coming from Jacksonville, Florida
In our 1973 Love Bug.
We have reserved lot 79
Arriving 10/16
Leaving 10/20
Cat futrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 03:22 AM   #112

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat futrell View Post
Hi,

We signed up for the 2012 Rally but the bottom fell out of our Bug (literally), and we had to cancel. After 2 years spent rebuilding, we took our first camping trip in July. Things aren't finished and we aren't pretty, but we are road worthy.

Just me, Cathy, and my dog Sackett
Coming from Jacksonville, Florida
In our 1973 Love Bug.
We have reserved lot 79
Arriving 10/16
Leaving 10/20
Welcome Cathy, to you , Sackett, and the Bug. Y'all will be a nice addition.

Question: Are you sure about your site being #79?
Reason for asking is that we already had someone assigned there.

Of course folks sometimes cancel or change sites without notifying us.
Just trying to be sure as we can be.

Thanks,
Kip
Old 08-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #113

Florida
Registry
Thanks Kip for the heads up. I will check into it and post either way.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:23 PM   #114

Florida
Registry
Kip,

I just got off of the phone with the park and she double checked for me. Whoever was originally on that sight must have canceled. I believe that I spoke with Barbara and she confirmed that I am on site 79 for the dates that I posted.

Thank you for the heads up.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #115

Florida
Registry
Kip,
I have not read this entire thread. I only scanned it, I think I saw a post mentioning a website for this outing. Is there somewhere that I should look for updates? I have been fairly inactive in my posts for over a year. The progress on our bug has been slow having had some personal setbacks as well as roadblocks with our rebuild.

This will be our first gathering and I want to make sure that I am well prepared.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:29 PM   #116

Florida
Registry
Mmmm, a little embarrassed, since the Cherokee Rally link is only several posts above. I knew I saw it somewhere.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #117

Georgia
Quote:
Kip,

I just got off of the phone with the park and she double checked for me. Whoever was originally on that sight must have canceled. I believe that I spoke with Barbara and she confirmed that I am on site 79 for the dates that I posted.

Thank you for the heads up.
Thanks for the confirmation. Just didn't want a mistake by HH to cause 2 folks to show up with the same site assignment.

FWIW: In March of this year, was the was another annual "Green Eggs and Ham" rally in Alabama. Deemed as "International"(by the host Shorty)because there were folks there from Canada.

Beautiful campground and the sites are really large. Many of the site parking pads were over 100 feet long. Because of the large number of participants, the park allowed doubling up. A short time before the event, someone posted a 'thank you' for another person allowing them to share site 65. This hit close to home, as 65 was assigned to Ann and me, or so we thought. It turned out to be a Typo, but exciting for a while, to say the least.

Was looking at your pictures. Really impressive as it looks like y'all have rebuilt the Love Bug from the ground up.

Your info should be posted on the Official Web Page in the next few days. Cherokee Rally

Do you prefer you name to show as Cat or Cathy?

Kip
Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #118

Florida
Registry
Thanks Kip.
We had to take the bug completely apart. Good to know that you can still view the pics. Haven't added any pics for months. Working on gathering up more recent pics to add.

Haven't painted outside and the inside is still pretty rough, not decorated but still plugging along. Our Daughter told us that some camp grounds won't let ugly campers stay. Hope this isn't the case in Cherokee as we will likely not have outside painted by then.

I will post when I have updated the pics.
Old 08-14-2014, 08:15 AM   #119

Georgia
Quote:
Thanks Kip.
We had to take the bug completely apart. Good to know that you can still view the pics. Haven't added any pics for months. Working on gathering up more recent pics to add.

Haven't painted outside and the inside is still pretty rough, not decorated but still plugging along. Our Daughter told us that some camp grounds won't let ugly campers stay. Hope this isn't the case in Cherokee as we will likely not have outside painted by then.

I will post when I have updated the pics.
I doubt that HH would throw out a Camper that is being restored.
A big bunch of upset "Egg Heads" would not be a pretty picture.

Kip
Old 08-23-2014, 06:10 PM   #120

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Registered for October 16,17,18. Site 105
Terry & Susan , Scotland Neck, NC
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote