MI 2014, Sept 5-7: 3rd Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2014, 03:37 PM   #181

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I missed the Wisp. How did I do that? Great big thank you to Pam for her orgizational talents and her work putting this rally together.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:28 PM   #182

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
It was my first time there, but not Kevin's. I will definitely be back! Great fun, except for the storm that took out our screen room. We thought it was pretty impervious. I guess we were wrong. The new one will be lowered the next time a storm threatens.

It is nice to put a face to people here now. And thanks a bunch, Pam!

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:12 PM   #183

Name: Randy and Dana
Trailer: 1979 wisp 13 ft
Michigan
First timers here Randy and Dana had a great time,every one was awesome!! we met VERY NICE people. Hope to see you guys again... PS. Is anyone going next weekend to the niagara wine escape ? Sounds like fun.
digbyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #184

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
What a fun fun fun weekend it was!
There were 39 trailer at the rally, according to my first count of the prize tickets (37 tickets) and adding 2 more for those that didn't attend the prize drawing.
Thank you so much for everyone that pitched in to assist, including Chuck and the Strum Bums that put on a great show on Friday night, and then set a new record for getting all the amps and electronics put away just before the storm hit.
Thanks to Scouter Dave for hosting the Saturday night fire!! And just you WAIT until you read his 2014 Algonac Glassic Poem. Everyone at the fireside was treated to a personal reading of it by Dave, and he also shared several other poems and stories with us.
Thanks to LoiS for her storytelling and ThomKat's banjo skills. The songs and stories that they did were wonderful. And the acoustical serenades during the day by all the musicians...... well, I can't describe how much I enjoyed them.
Thanks to the men that helped move tables, and to Bob and DJ for their voices during the prize drawing!
Thanks to the ladies for loaning their tablecloths and generally helping me get potlock dinner into down to an organized 'chaos'. The suggestions as to best location and layout worked out perfectly. Of course, the food was excellent, as always!
Thanks to Mike Meyers for those Algonac 2014 keychains!! (hmmm somehow, I still have 2 extras....)
And much thanks to all the prize doners!! We had some great prizes.

Whew!! I'm putting my feet up now, but I sure do wish that I was still at Algonac.
Camping is lovely but its even nicer with friends.
Thank you all.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:56 PM   #185

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Yep!
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #186

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Poem

ALGONAC 2014 (C) David J. Shaw 5 September 2014

There's a motley crew on the riverbank,
Watching the ships sail by.
Are we jealous of the voyagers,
Would we really like to try,

A life at sea on a rolling deck,
With a plaintive seabird's cry?
Or the pulsing throb of the diesel
And a star to steer her by?

We have no need of salt and spray,
Or briny, roiling foam.
We have wheels and rallies,
To lure us from our homes.

We sit and watch the vessels,
As gracefully they glide,
Along the St. Clair river,
Without a wind or tide.

A motley crew, as I have said,
But friends who think the same.
In fiberglass we roam the roads,
Gathering once again,

On St. Claire's shore at Algonac,
To meet and greet once more,
September month in Michigan,
Two zero, one and four.

You may not use this poem for any commercial enterprise without permission from the author.
You may use this poem for personal use or to share with friends provided the copyright symbol and the name and date is attached.

Scouter Dave
Old 09-08-2014, 06:33 AM   #187

Name: Dave
Trailer: Bigfoot
Newfoundland & Labrador
Thank you!

I am keeping a daily log of my travels [I left home on August 12th.].
My entry for Algonac states that it was like spending a weekend with family. My sincere thanks to everyone who contributed and in particular to those who expressed so much genuine concern for my well-being.
My life's journey continues and I do not know where it will lead but the horizon is always brighter and the sunsets more golden after spending time with you. Love and hugs ....... Scouter Dave.

p.s. - currently in Marquette, MI, enjoying a MacAwful breakfast and using up some WiFi bytes....
Old 09-08-2014, 06:57 AM   #188

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Pam Garlow... Got a real BANG out of your rally. Couldn't have done it any better myself.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #189

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
WOW! What a wonderful time. So many neat campers to see and great people to visit with. Pam many thanks for making it all come together.

Will be posting pictures from the rally someplace and putting a link up so folks can get to them, next day or two. I know I missed at least a few people (folks out doing stuff all the dang time!) My apologies in advance.

We had power when we got home (yay!) and the ice cream in the freezer shows no signs of melting so it's all good on that front.

I have never before had the pleasure of being serenaded by pleasant live music as I read and watch the ships go by. It was a special experience.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 11:09 AM   #190
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Glad everyone had a great time sorry I could not be there to share with you but at least got the details from Bryce . Hope to see ya,all next year with the new trailer
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:02 PM   #191

Trailer: 1972 Boler 13 ft
Algonac

Thanks to Pam for the wonderful job she did hosting the rally. We had a great time, enjoyed meeting new and old friends. Planing on returning next year.

Barb
Barbara Gardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:56 PM   #192

Name: Bob
Trailer: 1993 Scamp 16ft.
Michigan
Karen and I were the last ones out of the campground and though we could of stayed longer, it just wouldn't be the same. All of our friends were gone and we were lonely already. Thanks Pam for everything. REMEMBER MARCH 2015 WHEN YOU CAN MAKE RESERVATIONS FOR YOUR SITES FOR ALGONAC 2015. Best wishes to everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:41 PM   #193

Name: Karen
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
RogerDat,

Such a shame the ice cream did not need to be consumed immediately...

KarenScamp - dbob's other half
KarenScamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 06:52 PM   #194

Name: john
Trailer: Compact Junior
Michigan
My thanks to Pam too!!

I have to echo the thanks to Pam also. She really did a great job organizing the rally and it was a lot of fun.

I really thought I knew my way around Michigan but this is the first time I've ever been to the Algonac area and really enjoyed it.

And it was great to meet so many "eggheads" and see just about every kind of little FG trailer there is.

The only one missing that I hope to see one day was a Burro.

Here is a shot of Pam's Uhaul, so cute!!

I'm looking forward to 2015.
Attached Thumbnails
post.uhual.1.jpg  
john madill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:40 AM   #195

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Can't Believe it's Over

Joanne and I had a great time! We got there a day early, and left one day after it was over. Just couldn't bring ourselves to leave, I guess. Thanks to Pam, we had a schedule and knew what was planned activity-wise. What struck us unexpectedly, was the genuine warmth and friendliness of the group. It felt like we knew most of you many years. What a fun cast of characters!

This was our first rally and certainly not our last. Special thanks to Pam who obviously put a lot of effort into the planning and execution. The only criticism we had was, it ended too quickly Hope to see all of you next year.

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 06:39 AM   #196

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
For U.S. participants; Watch your cell phone bill next month. In past years when I camped there the closest tower for AT&T was across the river and they hit me up for international roaming charges. I had to call but AT&T removed the roaming charges since I had stayed in the U.S.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 AM   #197

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
For U.S. participants; Watch your cell phone bill next month. In past years when I camped there the closest tower for AT&T was across the river and they hit me up for international roaming charges. I had to call but AT&T removed the roaming charges since I had stayed in the U.S.
Hi: Steve L... Nice to meet with you. We got more Canadian TV channels in Algonac Mich. than we do at home. Go figure?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #198

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
Nice to meet you as well, Alf. As others mentioned it's fun to associate faces with the names.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:35 AM   #199

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L. View Post
Nice to meet you as well, Alf. As others mentioned it's fun to associate faces with the names.
But without the Groucho glasses who knew it was really you?
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #200

Name: Mike & Ellen
Trailer: 1988 Liberty Van Companion 17'
Michigan
Registry
All I can say is WOW!!
Another finely tuned rally orchestrated by our Maestro Pam Garlow! (at this time she takes a well deserved bow). So wonderful to re-unite with old friends, and become acquainted with new friends. Hoping everyone had safe travels home, and will plan for a "repeat performance" next September!
Mikell is offline   Reply With Quote