OR 2015, April 23-26: 2015 Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2015, 12:33 PM   #41

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Getting excited - haven't been to one of these before. Wondering what I need to prepare for. I saw the word potluck thrown around in this thread. Anything else specific?

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 05:42 PM   #42

Name: julie
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Alabama
Donna: can u provide any guidance needed for a newbie to these gatherings?

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
julmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:33 PM   #43

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Julie, over this next weekend I'll put up a schedule, such as it is. But really, we're very laid back. Lots of visiting and lawn chair time. Everyone is on their own during the day. Sleep in, go to town, visit with those in the park, go to the beach, ride your bike. Whatever.

Fun times ahead!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:10 PM   #44

Name: Stephanie and Mark
Trailer: Trillium Sidekick 4500
Washington
Question Are Lookie Lou's Welcome?

Hi there Donna!

We are seriously looking for a fiberglass egg trailer (maybe an older Trillium) to extend our camping season. We currently have a teardrop (that we love!) we go to a few Teardrop gatherings a year, camp all over the West and have lots of fun showing off our little trailer.

We are hoping that we would be welcome to come out for one day of the Spring NOG, wander around the trailers, meet owners and find out what people like and don't like about their fiberglass eggs.

Is there a specific 'open house' time? Or is it pretty much open season to ask questions, take photos and find out all the details?

Looking forward to meeting up with you!!

Stephanie and Mark Bergeron
Vancouver WA
sbergeron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:53 PM   #45

It's open season! We don't have scheduled tour times. You see someone sitting outside their trailer, ask to see it. Most folks are more than willing.

You are more than welcome to come down for the entire time. It's isn't necessary to own an all-molded-towable to camp with us. Right now the park is full, but we're about two weeks out and there may be a cancellation or two come in, if you can get away at the last minute.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:03 PM   #46

Washington
Thanks Donna! We would only be able to do one night on Saturday as my husband works swing and wouldn't be home until late on Friday. I'll watch out for an opening but for certain we'll come down for the day even if we can't get a site to camp.

The next week we will be heading out for the Dam Gathering at Lake Shasta-a Teardrop and tiny trailer gathering so we can't take any extra days off ahead of that trip.

Camping season is fast approaching and we are so excited to get out and get camping

Stephanie
Old 04-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #47

Name: Kris
Trailer: Casita Independence Deluxe
Oregon
Looking for a space at the NOG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
It's open season! We don't have scheduled tour times. You see someone sitting outside their trailer, ask to see it. Most folks are more than willing.

You are more than welcome to come down for the entire time. It's isn't necessary to own an all-molded-towable to camp with us. Right now the park is full, but we're about two weeks out and there may be a cancellation or two come in, if you can get away at the last minute.
Agh!!!!! The park is full?? I just got my Scamp trailer a few weeks ago and found out about this gathering. I'm soooo sad! If there are any cancellations, is there some way I could be alerted??
kjacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:33 AM   #48

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
I see there are some sites up in the horse camp available. Folks have been known to stay up there and come down and hang out during the day and for the evening events. The sites are beautiful up there.

Kathie

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:03 AM   #49

Name: Kris
Trailer: Casita Independence Deluxe
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave&Kathie View Post
I see there are some sites up in the horse camp available. Folks have been known to stay up there and come down and hang out during the day and for the evening events. The sites are beautiful up there.

Kathie
Thanks Kathie- But, maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I can't see any available sites at this park. Not even horse camping sites. Not for the dates of April 23-26. Only 15 sites available. 5 walk in and 10 tents sites.

Or, is there something I'm missing?
kjacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 07:10 AM   #50

THE schedule of events!

THE Schedule of events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish, sleep in, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG.

Please wear it all the time. We have some new folks to the NOG... it seems like the polite thing to do.

BTW, I’m suspending the raffle for this one gathering. I’ll make it up to y’all at Fall NOG.

No-host dinner on a stick roasting fire going at my site (80) on Friday night.
This is not a potluck, bring everything you need. Fire will be roaring in the NOG tub, come by anytime after 5:30pm. And the biggy:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT
This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please bring your lawn chair and join us anyway. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the NOG tub.

Saturday potluck at my site (80) 6pm.
Bring a food item to share that feeds 6-10 people, your table service and lawn chair. I'll supply the garbage bags for trash. Does anyone have a folding table they can bring? I don't think one picnic table and one folding table will be enough to hold everything... if you could bring a stick or two of firewood for the NOG tub, that would be grand.

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Old 04-13-2015, 07:17 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Still going give-a-way drawings at the pot luck?

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Still going give-a-way drawings at the pot luck?

Charlie Y
No Charlie, I've suspended the give-aways just for this NOG. As I mentioned, I'll make it up to everyone in the Fall. Frankly, finances are pinching right now....
Old 04-14-2015, 08:58 AM   #53

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I have one of these: Vintage Primus Duo Flow Propane Flamelss Cataltic Heater 8000 BTU | eBay

Came with my trailer eight years ago and I've never tried to start it. I found it under a bed when I was moving prior to rebuilding. I don't want to give it away to just anyone because it doesn't have any low oxygen sensor and I'm afraid they'd use it in the house. But if anyone coming to this rally wants it I'll happily bring it along and give it to you.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:19 AM   #54

Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacobson View Post
Thanks Kathie- But, maybe I'm doing something wrong here. I can't see any available sites at this park. Not even horse camping sites. Not for the dates of April 23-26. Only 15 sites available. 5 walk in and 10 tents sites.

Or, is there something I'm missing?
Per Reserve America - The horse camp is not available on line - you need to call the number to reserve a site.

Good Luck.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:30 AM   #55

Oregon
Registry
April 25th is National Astronomy Day. Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) and Rose City Astronomers will be hosting a star party at LL Stub that night in the day use area (weather permitting). This time of year they get going around 9 or 10.
Star Parties | OMSI

PS There's also a great bike trail, disc golf and putt putt golf.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #56

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I'm pulling out of the rally- too much scheduled this month. If someone wants to take over my site PM me.

I'm going to have to cancel for this rally- if anyone wants to take over my reservation let me know soon.

Facility Name: L.L. Stub Stewart Memorial State Park
Site Type: STANDARD - FULL
Site Detail: 016, DAIRY CREEK WEST
Arrival Date: Fri Apr 24 2015
Length of Stay: 2 days/nights
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:19 PM   #57

Another cancellation just came in Wed/Sun (four nights) in East. If you need two days, Bobbie's will work, if you want four nights, let me know right away please. Send me a PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:23 PM   #58

Washington
Since we can only do one night Saturday it is going to be a hard thing to get. We will keep hoping! If someone has to cancel their whole trip We would love to know when you are doing it so we can be waiting on the reservation site waitng to pounce.

We will be picking up the trailer on Monday!!

We hope to get out with it for one night next weekend,
Stephanie
Old 04-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #59

Washington
Wahoo! Site #49 for Mark and Stephanie Bergeron. Trillium Sidekick 1500.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #60
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Our friends have to cancel their spot at LL Stubb. Here is the information:LL Stub April 24 & 25- in Dairy creek west, space 008.

If you want to get this spot before they cancel contact me by private message and I will get you in touch with them to take it over.
Deb
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote