MB 2015, Aug. 14-16: 6th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2015, 06:50 PM   #41

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Welcome back. I am so looking forward to summer. Looks like another good Rally is shaping up.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmmclean View Post
WE are in Bay11 site 17 looking forward to our 2nd year
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #42
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Wish we could join you again this year but it just does not work into our schedule. Have a ton of fun ... cheers
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 08:55 PM   #43

Registry
Thanks for the update Ian. Maybe next year. Have a Great Summer.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G. View Post
Wish we could join you again this year but it just does not work into our schedule. Have a ton of fun ... cheers
Old 04-14-2015, 10:51 AM   #44

Name: Ben
Trailer: 1974 Boler
Manitoba
Registry
Hey! Are you guys planning a potluck again?! Do you have a schedule posted yet? Also, since Boler's don't take up much space, anyone interested in sharing their spot with me and my Boler Saturday night and split the cost?! In fact, it would be so much cooler if we all put our campers in a big circle with the vehicles on the outside :-) I know I mentioned it last year, and I talked to one of the park supervisors about it, and he didn't see a problem with it...
ostamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:33 AM   #45

Registry
Hi Ben, yes there will be a pot luck again on Saturday. The schedule of events has not been finalized and I will post it in July.

St. Malo Provincial Park or any Provincial Park does not allow more then 1 camping unit per site and does not allow sharing of camp sites. You will have to book your own site. I like the idea of the circle but don't see how it would work with every one scattered through Bay 11 and Sections A, F and G.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostamb View Post
Hey! Are you guys planning a potluck again?! Do you have a schedule posted yet? Also, since Boler's don't take up much space, anyone interested in sharing their spot with me and my Boler Saturday night and split the cost?! In fact, it would be so much cooler if we all put our campers in a big circle with the vehicles on the outside :-) I know I mentioned it last year, and I talked to one of the park supervisors about it, and he didn't see a problem with it...
Old 04-22-2015, 01:49 PM   #46

Name: Leanne
Trailer: 1968 13ft Boler
Manitoba
Hi everyone! Our goal is to be finished (are you ever really finished?!) this years renos on our '68 Boler and be ready to attend the rally. It is currently a shell so we have A LOT of work to do! I missed the early registration for St. Malo and it looks like Bay 11 is already full. What would be our next best option close to the action? I've only been to St. Malo once and that was last year just nosying around the rally on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
thelucaslodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 04:30 PM   #47

Registry
If you must have electrical then there are only 4 electrical sites left in the whole campground in Bay 10, but it would be a bit of a drive or a long hike to the Rally area.

Now that your Boler is a empty shell it is the perfect time to set it up as a Boondocker. Meaning you put in a Deep Cycle Marine Battery and camp completely off the Grid. Use all LED lights that draw very little power and you will be able to camp for a long time before needing to recharge the Battery. And if you add solar you will never need to plug in.

If you do not need a electrical site then there are lots of sites still available in Sections B,C,D,E,F,G, and H. All are a short walk from the rally site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelucaslodge View Post
Hi everyone! Our goal is to be finished (are you ever really finished?!) this years renos on our '68 Boler and be ready to attend the rally. It is currently a shell so we have A LOT of work to do! I missed the early registration for St. Malo and it looks like Bay 11 is already full. What would be our next best option close to the action? I've only been to St. Malo once and that was last year just nosying around the rally on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you all!
Old 05-04-2015, 03:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Has anyone tried eating at Yuwa Garden in St. Malo?

we plan to do Dim Sum in Winnipeg but wondered what the St. Malo place might be like.

Thanks. Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:40 PM   #49

Registry
Have not tried either Nancy but will take a order of Beef Fried Rice to go. LOL

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
Has anyone tried eating at Yuwa Garden in St. Malo?

we plan to do Dim Sum in Winnipeg but wondered what the St. Malo place might be like.

Thanks. Nancy
Old 05-25-2015, 04:10 PM   #50

Registry
Was at St Malo Provincial Park checking out my new Camp Site A3 on Saturday. Looks like it will have to work. There is a NEW Washroom and Shower House by the beach but was told it will probably not be open this year.

So far I have 21 trailers registered and sure there are more that just have not let me know their site numbers yet. If for Security reasons you don't want your info put on a handout list, just let me know that as well. It makes it hard if I don't have a good count, so we can get enough pancake mix and other supplies for breakfast.

Rick

PS: For any one in Canada, PartSource has a Clearance on all their RV Accessories at 50% off. Good deal if you need anything. I bought some stuff there today.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:01 PM   #51

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft
Registry
Hey Rick sorry again for not being much help this year, I should be back in Winnipeg for the next few weeks and will be around for the rally to help out.
In addition to that I now have a nephew, brother-in-law and sister-in-law all getting bolers this past year!

Going by the early registrations it looks like another great turnout this year. Will call you soon. Can't wait!!
Roland
Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 AM   #52

Registry
No worries Roland all is under control. Only real big thing left to do now is to fill in the Special Event Permit paper work for the big tent and send in the payment.

Get your whole family to the Rally with their new to them Bolers. LOL

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland H View Post
Hey Rick sorry again for not being much help this year, I should be back in Winnipeg for the next few weeks and will be around for the rally to help out.
In addition to that I now have a nephew, brother-in-law and sister-in-law all getting bolers this past year!

Going by the early registrations it looks like another great turnout this year. Will call you soon. Can't wait!!
Roland
Old 06-11-2015, 05:55 AM   #53

Registry
I have had a few emails from people wanting to come to the Rally and saying there are no campsites left near the Rally area. Well I just went through the St Malo sites available and there lots of sites available in Sections B through J. Yes they are Basic non electrical sites. All the electrical sites are booked for that weekend. Do you really need electrical? Boondocking is the way to go. Set yourself up with a Good Battery and LED lights and you will never need an electrical site again.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:23 PM   #54

Registry
I just got this email from Manitoba Parks and have a call into the District Office to see what is going on. They are putting in the sewer system from the New shower/washroom building to the old building which runs through Sections A and B. They said it will take all of July to do this work and makes no sense to my why the middle of August should be affected. Anyway hope the district manager calls me tomorrow to let me know what is going on for sure. Don't panic and cancel your sites yet. Let me get the update and we will move forward from there.

Rick

Dear Camping Customer:

This notification is to inform you that your upcoming reservation ###### for St.Malo Campground (Arrival Date: August 9, 2015 and Departure Date: August 16,2015) has been affected by a site closure.

We are in the process of contacting affected customers in order to make alternate arrangements based on availability. Customers with existing reservations may also cancel or make changes by contacting our call centre directly at 1-888-482-2267 or in Winnipeg at 204-948-3333.

We regret the inconvenience, but wanted to let you know as soon as possible so that you can make alternative arrangements. If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through our call centre or us at 204-945-4344.

We appreciate your patience and, as always we look forward to seeing you in one of our provincial parks!

Yours truly,

Manitoba Parks
Parks Reservation Service
Old 06-11-2015, 05:06 PM   #55

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
You would think that this kind of upgrade would be done in the off season. Must be a government job
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #56

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
They have to wait for the ground to thaw. It's Manitoba.
Old 06-12-2015, 01:08 PM   #57

Registry
Just got off the phone and changed my campsite from Section A Site 3 to Section 7 Site 4.

Still have not heard back from the District office as to why they have to do this construction right during the camping season.

Our Government at work.
Old 06-14-2015, 09:18 PM   #58

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
Where is section 7? How far from the rest of us in bay 11? Can't believe they would make you move in August for work being done in July .....
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:19 AM   #59

Registry
Not far just a little closer to the beach area. I went out there yesterday to have a look for myself. The work was done on Friday but it will take some time for all the ground to settle and the grass to regrow. It is still 2 months till the event. I actually like my new site better.

Shirley and I will go camping there the middle of July and check it out again to see how it is coming along and will have another report then.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
Where is section 7? How far from the rest of us in bay 11? Can't believe they would make you move in August for work being done in July .....
Old 06-17-2015, 02:05 PM   #60

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Section 7? A typo? Hope you didn't change parks as well.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, vin