MB 2015, Aug. 14-16: 6th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2015, 04:08 PM   #61

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
Sorry should be Section F Site 4. I missed it when you asked. Too much going on here and my mind is going a million places at the same time. I was at the park on Sunday and they made a mess of Section A and part of Section G. Actually my new campsite is nicer then I thought it would be.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
Where is section 7? How far from the rest of us in bay 11? Can't believe they would make you move in August for work being done in July .....
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 07:53 PM   #62

Trailer: 1975 Surfside TM14 (front kitchen)
Registry
Send a message via MSN to Scott S. Send a message via Yahoo to Scott S.
gonna try to make this one Rick.
Scott S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:19 PM   #63

Registry
Hi Scott hope you can make it this year. Have you booked your site yet? If not make sure you stay away from Section A all sites and G Sites 12 to 23 as they tore it all up for the new sewer system for the new washroom/shower building and I drought if the grass will be back there this year. Most of us are in Section F this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
gonna try to make this one Rick.
Old 07-03-2015, 09:23 PM   #64

Registry
So as it stands right now we have 30 Trailers and 61 people attending. All in the affected construction zone have moved to Section F from Section A. It is only across the street and not that much further away for those of you in Bay 11. So that puts us in Section F and some in Section G and Bay 11.

The new washroom/shower building is open and still FREE showers for this year.

More updates as they become available.

Rick
Old 07-05-2015, 06:52 AM   #65

Registry
An adjustment to my last post. There are 5 in Section A, 1 in Section B, 9 in Section F, 6 in Section G and 9 in Bay 11. And then are always the ones that don't tell me they are coming and just show up, the more the merrier, but it does make it hard to plan for how much pancake mix and other supplies to buy.

This year we will be asking for a donation from each trailer to cover the added costs incurred this year (Already paid for on my Credit Card) and a separate letter with the details will be sent to each registered trailer in the next few weeks.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
So as it stands right now we have 30 Trailers and 61 people attending. All in the affected construction zone have moved to Section F from Section A. It is only across the street and not that much further away for those of you in Bay 11. So that puts us in Section F and some in Section G and Bay 11.

The new washroom/shower building is open and still FREE showers for this year.

More updates as they become available.

Rick
Old 07-11-2015, 11:33 AM   #66

Registry
I was just in the St Malo reservation site and there is 1 electrical site (Bay 11 Site 35) is open if someone wants it. No clue why someone would want an electrical site tho. LOL
Old 07-19-2015, 06:30 PM   #67

Registry
Just got home from a GREAT weekend of camping. Shirley and I spent the weekend at the New Venue we will be using for next years Rally. Still keeping the location a secret until the Pot Luck Supper at this years Rally.

Did pop in at St. Malo Provincial Park today to check out how things are shaping up there. The new washroom / shower building is Great. Access to all the campsites that everyone is registered in is good. Everyone that had to move have been moved already.

Now just need to come up with a list of 10 or so questions for the Scavenger Hunt during the Trailer Tour, and everything else is ready to go.

Wow can't believe that it almost time for the Rally already. I will have more updates as I get them.

Rick
Old 07-20-2015, 01:06 PM   #68

Name: Heidi
Trailer: '73 Trillium 1300
Saskatchewan
Heh Rick!

I am coming back this year with my '73 Trillium. I have not booked a site yet and will probably do that next week. I am leaving here soon for a canoe trip. It will just be me, not my son this year. I still have not fixed any repairs from the hail storm in Macklin last year.

Heidi Abbey-Der
Old 07-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #69

Registry
Awesome Heidi, Shirley was all excited when I told her you were coming again this year. Look forward to seeing you again.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajnfur View Post
Heh Rick!

I am coming back this year with my '73 Trillium. I have not booked a site yet and will probably do that next week. I am leaving here soon for a canoe trip. It will just be me, not my son this year. I still have not fixed any repairs from the hail storm in Macklin last year.

Heidi Abbey-Der
Old 07-26-2015, 09:19 AM   #70

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
I have been awaiting the schedule of events promised in post 45 and have not seen it. Because this is our first rally, I guess that I am wanting to know that I do everything right. Is it available yet?
Looking forward to it.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #71

Registry
Thanks for kicking me in the butt, Bob. LOL

I am finalizing 1 detail and then will post it.

Wow the Rally is just around the corner, we are up to the second in line for the upcoming events.

Shirley and I will be heading to St Malo on Sunday August 9th for the week. So I got 2 weeks to get the rest of the planning done.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
I have been awaiting the schedule of events promised in post 45 and have not seen it. Because this is our first rally, I guess that I am wanting to know that I do everything right. Is it available yet?
Looking forward to it.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:53 PM   #72

Registry
OK here it is the List of Activities everyone has been waiting for.

2015 List of Activities

Friday August 14th - Set up camp and then head to the Meet and Greet Campfire at Section F Site 4

Saturday August 15th - 8am -Pancake Breakfast in Big White Tent – Located in the top end of Section F

Bring your meal ticket that you got at registration. Bring your own plate, cutlery and cup

-10:30am – Dutch Oven Cooking Demo With Bernie and Tim, Section F Site4

-1pm - Trailer Tour and Scavenger Hunt as you tour the trailers - starts in Section F Site 4

- 5pm - Pot Luck Supper in the Big White Tent and reveal the answers for the Scavenger Hunt

Bring your own plate, cutlery and a drink to have with your meal and a Dish to share with the others.

-After Supper - Campfire in Section F Site 4

Sunday August 16th - Pack up and say goodbye till we meet again
Old 07-31-2015, 06:05 AM   #73

Registry
Time is getting close we are the next Event in the list of Upcoming Events. 33 registered trailers with 68 people registered. And who knows how many have not told me they are coming and just show up. Long range weather forecast that I can get says sunny and 25C for Friday August 14th. Got all the planning done and just have a few photocopies to make and we are ready to have FUN.

As of right now there are no electrical sites left for that weekend but LOTS of Basic sites.

Rick
Old 08-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #74

Name: Anita & Ken
Trailer: 1975 Boler, tow vehicle is 2007 Silverado
Manitoba
We are looking forward to sharing this event with all the participants as well as our son and his family. See you all soon !!!
A Storgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 01:12 PM   #75

Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300
Bay 11, Site 27

The 4 of us will be there again this year. Setting up on the 9th and leaving on the 17th.

We won't make it to the pancake breakfast as we need to head back to the city for a prior engagement, but will be back for the potluck.
Jayson Wall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:14 PM   #76

Registry
See you there, looking forward to seeing you again.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Storgard View Post
We are looking forward to sharing this event with all the participants as well as our son and his family. See you all soon !!!
Old 08-04-2015, 03:17 PM   #77

Registry
Thanks for the update Jayson. Stop by and say hi on Sunday when you are setup. Shirley and I will be coming out on Sunday as well, we are in Section F Site 4 this year.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayson Wall View Post
Bay 11, Site 27

The 4 of us will be there again this year. Setting up on the 9th and leaving on the 17th.

We won't make it to the pancake breakfast as we need to head back to the city for a prior engagement, but will be back for the potluck.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:43 PM   #78

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We were in G10. Fred just got an email that says we have to cancel, move, or something. He could not get in touch with them today, already closed.

anyone else getting the boot?

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #79

Registry
When I was there the middle of July your site looked ok but I guess they decided today to close that whole loop around where you are. The grass was not growing in fast around G11 to 23. Call them tomorrow and move to Section F, there should not be a fee to move as they are the ones forcing you out of that site.

I will send you a Private message with my suggestion as to where to move to.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
We were in G10. Fred just got an email that says we have to cancel, move, or something. He could not get in touch with them today, already closed.

anyone else getting the boot?

Nancy
Old 08-05-2015, 07:48 PM   #80

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
We are now in F11. there was no charge for the move. Our area in G was flooded and will be available again a week later. Sure wish for cooler weather. I won't be moving around much.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, vin