MB 2015, Aug. 14-16: 6th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2015, 08:11 AM   #1

Trailer: 1971 Boler
Registry
2015, Aug. 14-16: 6th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally

We would like to invite you all to the 6th Annual Manitoba Fiberglass and Vintage Camper Rally

Open to all Boler, Trillium, Surfside, Scamp, Ventura, Teardrops welcome as well, ect….

Dates: August 14 to 16, 2015

Location: St Malo Provincial Park; located 45 minutes South of Winnipeg and 45 minutes North of the Canada/USA border on Highway 59. This park has a nice beach area along with hiking and biking trails. There are modern washrooms and showers and the small town of St Malo is within one mile.

We will be using Bay 11 for electrical and Section A for Non-electrical again this year for the Rally. This is a popular park in Southern Manitoba so please make your reservations as early as possible so that some people will not be in other areas of the park like last year.

Reservations at the Parks Website: Monday, April 6, 2015 @7AM ; link to reservations is http://prspub.gov.mb.ca/

If you plan to attend the event please see theRALLY CALENDAR on the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post497830 website and RSVP to me.

More info to follow as we get closer to the event.

Thank you from your hosts
Rick Mooyman rick.mooyman@shaw.ca
Roland Hoffman
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:21 PM   #2

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
We are eagerly looking forward to this event. We purchased a 1976 Surfside this past summer and have camped in it once. It did need some work and will get a few more things done in the spring. We can't wait til summer and we plan to have camped a number of times before the rally weekend. We will be registering as soon as we can and are willing to help with activities as needed. Looking forward to the event and we will watch for more info as it becomes available.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #3

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Dont miss it because I think that is the one warm day of the year.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:14 AM   #4

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Actually you're wrong there, it will be the THREE only warm days of the year, and rumour has it Rick has promised no Mosquitos this year! We hope, after two years of conflicts on that weekend to be there, it's for sure our closest rally, only 35 minutes from home.

Adrian

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:54 AM   #5

Registry
Hi Bob, welcome and congrats on your Surfside purchase. Looking forward to meeting you in August.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob in Mb View Post
We are eagerly looking forward to this event. We purchased a 1976 Surfside this past summer and have camped in it once. It did need some work and will get a few more things done in the spring. We can't wait til summer and we plan to have camped a number of times before the rally weekend. We will be registering as soon as we can and are willing to help with activities as needed. Looking forward to the event and we will watch for more info as it becomes available.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:58 AM   #6

Registry
Last years event was very warm for weather with the Friday being the hottest day I can ever remember in my whole life. I have traveled to some locations in the world that get hot weather and have never felt heat that hot.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin Maring View Post
Dont miss it because I think that is the one warm day of the year.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:04 AM   #7

Registry
Actually the mosquitos have not been bad the last number of years that we have been at St Malo. Not sure if the park sprays or not. Last year the Friday was the hottest temps I can say I ever felt in my life. I am hoping the weather will be warm that entire week as Shirley and I plan to be at St Malo for the week before the Rally. If anyone wants to come out early they are welcome to join us, but the official Rally starts on Friday the 14th

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Actually you're wrong there, it will be the THREE only warm days of the year, and rumour has it Rick has promised no Mosquitos this year! We hope, after two years of conflicts on that weekend to be there, it's for sure our closest rally, only 35 minutes from home.

Adrian

Old 01-13-2015, 07:06 PM   #8

Unfortunately we will be missing this year's rally. My dad will be there as usual but the rest of us and our surfside will be up in clear lake that weekend camping while I complete a big life goal of mine (a sprint triathlon!) I need the family to cheer me on!

Sandra, Sean and kids

SBracken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 06:25 AM   #9

Registry
Thanks for the update Sandra, good luck in your triathlon.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBracken View Post
Unfortunately we will be missing this year's rally. My dad will be there as usual but the rest of us and our surfside will be up in clear lake that weekend camping while I complete a big life goal of mine (a sprint triathlon!) I need the family to cheer me on!

Sandra, Sean and kids

Old 01-27-2015, 02:28 PM   #10

Name: Garry
Trailer: 13 ft Boler
Manitoba
St Malo

Hope to make it this year.
Lionel
Lionel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #11

Registry
I hope you can come as well. Hard to think about camping when it is cold outside, but I see my Boler outside everyday when I come home from work and know that there will be weather coming that I can go out camping again one day. I will send out the reminder the end of March to book your site the first Monday of April. I have added your name to my list of contacts.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel View Post
Hope to make it this year.
Lionel
Old 01-28-2015, 08:02 PM   #12

Manitoba
Rick my calendar is marked already for the 6th of April, certainly hoping to make the rally this year. At least I don't have to look out the window at home at the Escape. Don't mean to brag or hurt any MB people's feelings but currently I am sitting at the dinette in the trailer parked at a lovely RV park in the Rio Grande valley in far south Texas where it was a sunny 26 today.

This our first year to be snowbirds and loving it. The people here can't believe we can live in such a small trailer! They all have park models, motor homes or huge 5th wheels. Beth commented when we were introduced Monday after our arrival that we feel like we are the outhouse to the motor home next door!

Adrian

Old 01-29-2015, 06:43 AM   #13

Registry
You are not the outhouse of the campground. You are the most practical camper in that campground. You did not need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to take your whole house with you camping. Those people are not camping in my opinion. Most of them stay in there slightly smaller version of their house and watch TV and surf the net and never come outside because there are bugs outside.

I watch a show on TV called Tiny House Nation where people give up their HUGH house and start to live in 500 sq ft or less house. Those people get it, the ones in Large campers and motor homes don't get it.

Just my opinion

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Rick my calendar is marked already for the 6th of April, certainly hoping to make the rally this year. At least I don't have to look out the window at home at the Escape. Don't mean to brag or hurt any MB people's feelings but currently I am sitting at the dinette in the trailer parked at a lovely RV park in the Rio Grande valley in far south Texas where it was a sunny 26 today.

This our first year to be snowbirds and loving it. The people here can't believe we can live in such a small trailer! They all have park models, motor homes or huge 5th wheels. Beth commented when we were introduced Monday after our arrival that we feel like we are the outhouse to the motor home next door!

Adrian

Old 01-29-2015, 01:19 PM   #14

Manitoba
Rick I too have been following tiny houses, not the TV show but sites online. I agree with your comments about those who have large trailers and motor homes who go to campgrounds and hang out inside, but the park we're in is not typical. Even the park models are smaller here, there are only 92 sites and the park has a nine hole golf course so everyone is active here, in fact 28 men headed off this morning to play at an 18 hole course nearby where they play for $24 including cart. We find things here much cheaper than Florida.

Beth's comment about the outhouse was entirely in jest, people have certainly commented on our egg though nobody has yet asked for a tour. Most don't know anything about FG trailers. I suppose at the MB rally we'll be in the BIG trailer!

See you in August.

Adrian

Old 03-06-2015, 05:48 PM   #15

Registry
+1C out there right now. Just a bit warmer and I will start to remove the trap covering my Boler and start with this years mods. Hope Spring it finally here to stay. Just ordered my new wheels and tires. And will get my new axle once I can get the Boler out of the snow bank it is parked in. LOL

Looks like summer is coming.

Got 13 confirmed trailers coming to this years Rally. A good start for this early in the year.
Old 03-07-2015, 06:48 AM   #16

Name: D. Jim
Trailer: Scamp
Manitoba
Manitoba Rally

Rick. We will be coming again this year. Last year was our first year, both as owner of a FG trailer as well as the meet. We are planning a road trip this spring to the East Coast. Looking forward to using our trailer lots, just as we did last year.
Jim
Jim Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:56 AM   #17

Registry
Hi Jim, welcome back looking forward to seeing you again. You should update your profile, it says your still in the market.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Jim View Post
Rick. We will be coming again this year. Last year was our first year, both as owner of a FG trailer as well as the meet. We are planning a road trip this spring to the East Coast. Looking forward to using our trailer lots, just as we did last year.
Jim
Old 03-08-2015, 06:46 AM   #18

Name: Diane
Trailer: 19' 2002 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Diane R.
We are looking forward to attending this year for the first time!
Diane R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 07:23 PM   #19

Registry
Hi Diane, I think you will be the first Uhaul to ever attend our Rally. Looking forward to seeing you in August.

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane R. View Post
We are looking forward to attending this year for the first time!
Old 03-16-2015, 11:27 AM   #20

Name: Robert
Trailer: Surf-Side
Manitoba
The winter has flown and it is only a few weeks until April 6 and the day for making reservations. We have never done that before decided that we needed to check on how to do it knowing that we would need to make an account. We learned that Manitoba Provincial Parks website is undergoing maintenance tomorrow and account holders are asked to refresh and confirm their account info before March 20. New accounts are to be set up by March 20. Just thought that I would let folks know in case this was new info to them.
Bob in Mb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally, vin