ON 2015, May 22-24: EggFestOntario 2015 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Registry
2015, May 22-24: EggFestOntario 2015

May 22, 23, 24 at Cobourg East Campground in Grafton, Ontario - about an hour east of Toronto, just off highway 401. All sites are shared sites but all have hydro and water. Check our blog at Eggfest Ontario for more information or send me a message. We are over 50% booked already. This is a fun weekend with lots of things to do and see so come along and join us.
Vivian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 11:43 PM   #2

Name: T.
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
As new Boler campers we'd love to check out an Eggfest! Is this a kid friendly weekend? We've got two young'ins. We'd be coming from Ottawa. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
TBirdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 06:23 AM   #3

Registry
We don't organize activities for children but we always have one or two come. We don't actually organize activities for adults either. We have an acitivities board, a swap & trade board but let people do their own thing, other than the Q & A meet and mini-house tour Saturday morning and the Saturday evening "bring-your-own" supper and entertainment. The park is certainly kid friendly and the ages of our guests are all over the map. There is a playground but I doubt the pool will be open yet. There may be some kids also staying in the park on the seasonal sites. Love to have you.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:43 PM   #4

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
Register

Hi Vivian we want to register again this year. Rick Corner and Evelyn Blackbourn 17 foot casita thanks
greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:05 AM   #5

Registry
Welcome back. Looking forward to seeing everyone in May. If you need your site number to call the campground in April for any extra days please let me know and I'll get it for you.
Have a good winter.
Vivian & Paul
Old 03-04-2015, 07:51 AM   #6

Registry
Well here it is. We are almost full, so anybody wanting to come please email me at layneparkin@gmail.com ASAP. I expect to start a waiting list within the next couple of weeks.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:03 AM   #7

Registry
ALMOST SOLD OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
Well here it is. We are almost full, so anybody wanting to come please email me at layneparkin@gmail.com ASAP. I expect to start a waiting list within the next couple of weeks.
We have one half-site left and then it's the waiting list. We usually have two or three cancellations so let me know.

Those of you who booked with me are booked in for the Friday and Saturday nights. Anyone wanting to come early or stay and extra day will have to get your site number from me, then phone the campground to book the extra days.
Email me at layneparkin@gmail.com if you need to do that.
Old 04-09-2015, 05:06 AM   #8

Registry
don't forget to let me know ASAP IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL AS I HAVE A WAITING LIST. The campground now has the site list for those of you who want to stay an extra day or so. You can now call them to reserve them. Everyone is booked for the Friday & Saturday nights.
See you soon
Old 04-23-2015, 05:51 AM   #9

Registry
One Spot Open

We have just had a cancellation and have one shared spot open if anybody wants it.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
We have just had a cancellation and have one shared spot open if anybody wants it.
Hi: Vivian Layne-Parkin... Wish we could stop by, but have "Grand Parenting" duties in Ottawa for that weekend!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:40 AM   #11

Registry
Thanks Alf. We've sold out again and I think a couple of people are just booking regular sites in the campground as well. I won't have buttons for them and I believe they have to pay the regular camping rates, but they are welcome.
V
Old 05-10-2015, 03:59 PM   #12

Name: rick
Trailer: 1999 casita spirit deluxe 17 foot
Ontario
Egg Fest

Hello Vivian. Due to unforeseen circumstances Evelyn and I will not be able to attend this year . See you next year. Rick
greendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 10:17 AM   #13

Name: Anne
Trailer: Scamp
Ontario
Quote:
May 22, 23, 24 at Cobourg East Campground in Grafton, Ontario - about an hour east of Toronto, just off highway 401. All sites are shared sites but all have hydro and water. Check our blog at Eggfest Ontario for more information or send me a message. We are over 50% booked already. This is a fun weekend with lots of things to do and see so come along and join us.
Hi Vivian..My husband & i intend visiting just for the day on Saturday. Our Scamp is still ungoing major renos but we're interested in seeing what other members have done to theirs. We'll be visiting our close friends who have a Trillium they've reno'd. Really looking forward to it.
annej1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:09 PM   #14

Registry
Well another year is in the books andwe hear nothing but good things. Glad to heasr everyone had a great time and thanks to all of you who stepped up to help us out . With my health being what it was, I wasn't sure I would have to pull the plug on the whole thing. Happy that several people stepped up to the plate for me, thank you. Check out the blog at https:\\eggfestontario.blogspot.ca for pictures and thank yous and updates as I get them ready, and the logo for 2016.
Vivian & Paul
Old 05-31-2015, 06:58 PM   #15

Registry
Question EggFestOntario Mandate

The reason Paul and I started EggFestOntario needs now to be set out, due to several inquiries we have received lately about who and what we are and do.

“EggFestOntario is a rally/festival dedicated to Small Lightweight Molded fibreglass “Egg” type trailers, such as boler, Trillium, Casita, Bigfoot, Burro, Oxygen, Ventura, Little Joe, Oliver, Scamp, etc. Tent trailers, stick-built trailers, motorized RV’s etc. are not part of our mandate.

Owners of these types of non-egg trailers, who have friends with “eggs’ and who want to join them, such as we had this year, will not be registered EggFesters and will have to make their own arrangements direct with the campground for one of their regular sites/regular rates. They will be most welcome to join their friends at the “Bring Your Own Supper” Saturday night and other socializing but will not be registered for a door prize, any of our draws or the free souvenier buttons. We will be asking the campground not to book them into the area that we have spoken for as well so that we have room for our 45 to 50 “EggFesters”.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:51 PM   #16

Name: Dave
Trailer: Little Joe
Ontario
Hi Vivian
I would like to make a reservation for the weekend.
We were unable to attend last year but will this year.
We have a Little Joe. If you remember we attended two years ago and had a great time.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jeanne & Dave King

W Dave K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:21 PM   #17

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by W Dave K View Post
Hi Vivian
I would like to make a reservation for the weekend.
We were unable to attend last year but will this year.
We have a Little Joe. If you remember we attended two years ago and had a great time.
Looking forward to seeing you again.

Jeanne & Dave King

Hi Guys:
I do remember the Little Joe. Unfortunately we have been all sold out for about 6 weeks now but I can put you on my waiting list should I get cancellations. There are about 5 people ahead of you on the list so it doesn't look too good, but I'll let you know.
Vivian