NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 07:25 PM   #41

Name: R.T.
Trailer: Big Foot
Georgia
Things to do

For those who might be interested the Master's Of Illusion will be performing at Harrah's in Cherokee Saturday night Oct 17th. Tickets start at $15. I don't gamble but I might go for that.

RT
dblcola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 07:14 AM   #42

Name: Carol & Jim
Trailer: New 2015 16' Scamp
Georgia
Even though we planned a shakedown for our new 2015 16' Scamp 2 weeks before in the same area, we are registered for the Rally now also! Hopefully we will learn lots and make new friends-we will be in #913. See you there!
Vanderscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:07 AM   #43

Name: Kip
Trailer: 2003 Casita 17' SD Deluxe, Towed by '09 Honda Ridgeline.
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T. View Post
Usually there's a pot luck dinner Saturday night where everybody brings a dish. I thought I saw where the the rec room had been reserved for both Friday and Saturday nights but not sure.
We made 2015 reservations before departure after 2014. We definitely requested the rec room be available Friday and Saturday of 2015 at that time. HH said it would be done. But nothing was mentioned concerning a $50 fee.

Possible they have changed management or the activities person.
Wonder if our 20% discount is still in place. That was supposed to include Thursday thru Saturday night as well as adjacent nights front and rear.

This is not a failing memory on my part. See the first Post on this thread.

kip
Kip in Ga. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 10:19 AM   #44

Name: Melissa
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Lynne--Talked to Jeannie on Friday. We have the room reserved for Friday night. She explained that the $50 policy was in place last year, although whoever took the reservation may not have been aware of the policy.

I didn't ask about Saturday night. Don't know if we have it reserved both nights, and, if the $50 fee would cover both nights. I see no reason why the room would required more than one cleaning.

I'll leave it to you to check w/ HH on both issues and pay the fee up-front if necessary to secure the reservation. Then, as you suggested, pass the hat . . .

Thanks, Mar
2Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #45

Georgia
I made reservations on July 29th and the gentleman I dealt with said the 20% discount was happening. Just got to remember to tell them your with the Egg Rally.

RT
Old 08-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #46

Georgia
Checked with Jeannie at Happy Holiday and found out the following:

1- The $50 rec room fee cover's both nights so all we pay is $50 once
2- The covered dish meal is from 5:00 to 7:30 Sat night and after that the room is open to all for Karaoke singing.
3-Everybody in our group gets the 20% discount but you must tell them your with the egg rally

So far 40+ units have signed up

RT
Old 08-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #47

Georgia
Jeannie from Happy Holiday Campground just called and asked anybody that reserved a golf cart to please call them @ 828-497-9204 thanks.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:17 AM   #48

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Everything sounds good! I will bring the white board for announcements. Can't remember our site number but it is on the creek behind the bath house.

I will get the $50 paid to HH and will ask for donations later.

RT. You are doing a great job here on the forum. The host position is still open. Lynne
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #49

Georgia
I talked with Happy Holiday campground today asking for a list of those who were attending and what site the had reserved. As in years past I was going to attempt to post a list for everybody to see who was where. However they couldn't give out that information due to the confidentiality rules of their company.

If we wanted to publish this list we have to create it.

Please send me an email with your names and the site# you have reserved and we'll start the roster and publish it. Of course you don't have to if you don't want to.

You can either send me a private email on this site, Publish it on this site, or my email address is rtlucey@gmail.com

Thanks
RT
Old 08-16-2015, 09:31 AM   #50

Georgia
Cherokee, NC. Rally Oct 15-18 2015

CHEROKEE,NC RALLY

Planned activities/events

Oct 15th Thurs 6:00 pm. Meet and greet social at the rec room. Meet old friends and make new ones. Please bring your own beverage and some treats to share ( cookies, chips, ect) we'll make name tags at that time.

Oct 16th Friday am. usually an open group gets together for breakfast at Granny's restaurant, just down the road, anywhere from 7:00 to 9:00. You don't have to sign up just come if you want to.

Friday night at the rec room musicians gather for an evening of music and song.
Bring your instrument and join in. I believe any talent level is accepted.

Oct 17th Starting at 10:00 am we'll have an open house/ show and tell parade of campers. You can show off your handy work and modifications. And for those challenged like myself you can get some great ideas for your own camper.
This is also a great time for people who don't own a trailer to see different types and models.
So far we have Casita's, Bigfoot, U Haul, Oliver,Scamp, Lil Snoozy, Boler,Escape, And Love Bug planning to attend.

Saturday evening starting at 5:00-7:30 at the rec room we will have a pot luck/ covered dish dinner. Everybody brings a covered dish of their choice and a beverage.
At 7:30 at the rec room there will be a private Karaoke singing for the Rally participant only. Again bring your beverage and snack of your choice.

We hope to add at least one more event/class/ to our schedule. Does anybody have a craft or talent the'd be willing to share?

Lynne and David plan on having an event board in front of their site with all current info posted on it.

Please post or email any suggestions. Thanks

As usual the star of this show is the Great Smokey Mountains so come and enjoy!
Old 08-16-2015, 10:46 AM   #51

Name: Bill and Earline
Trailer: Escape 21
Tennessee
RT
Please add an Escape to your list. Earline and I will be there starting Wednesday the 14th, in site 714. Looking forward to meeting everyone, and exchanging tours. We'll get a ribbon when we can, but we try to be always open for company.
Bill S.
wsonnenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #52

Georgia
Thanks Bill, Looking forward to meeting you and I've added your Escape to the list.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:44 AM   #53

Georgia
Dutch oven cooking

Last year some folks put on a dutch oven cooking demonstration and it was a big hit.

Would you like to see more dutch oven cooking and would anybody volunteer to participate?

We have one lady who will but she say's she needs help.Please let us know.

Thanks

RT
Old 08-17-2015, 07:32 AM   #54

Georgia
Rally roster

We've been asked for a rally roster which is difficult to get. I'm sure there is at least 50 rigs signed up but we only have the following information so far.

Site#

#81- Rhonda & George NC

#82- Jane & Gregg SC

#83- Troy KY

#87 - Lynne & David TN

#91- Sara & Charlie ?

#93 - Sallie S.C.

#98 - Teri & Lee N.C.

#103- Linda & Phil TX

#714- Earline & Bill TN

#815- Janet & RT Ga

#822- Mic & Steve S.C.

#829- Jona & Gary FL

#832- Melisa & Johnny ?

#910- Marti & Roy TN

#913- Carol & Jim GA

#920- Ann & Kip GA

#924A Lora & Wayne VA

Keep sending your info so we can add you to the list.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:34 AM   #55

Georgia
Quote:
I talked with Happy Holiday campground today asking for a list of those who were attending and what site the had reserved. As in years past I was going to attempt to post a list for everybody to see who was where. However they couldn't give out that information due to the confidentiality rules of their company.

If we wanted to publish this list we have to create it.

Please send me an email with your names and the site# you have reserved and we'll start the roster and publish it. Of course you don't have to if you don't want to.

You can either send me a private email on this site, Publish it on this site, or my email address is rtlucey@gmail.com

Thanks
RT
Good job Richard, and thanks for breathing some life into the rally.

Kip
Old 08-17-2015, 07:46 AM   #56

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
You can put us on the cool kids list too , site #832 John & Melissa (& Ryan)
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 07:55 AM   #57

Georgia
Thanks Kip, Looking forward to seeing you and Ann.
Old 08-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #58

Georgia
Gotcha Johnny. Thanks

RT
Old 08-17-2015, 08:03 AM   #59

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Gotcha Johnny. Thanks

RT
R.T. Did you get the private message I sent?
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:38 AM   #60

Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
You can put us on the cool kids list too , site #832 John & Melissa (& Ryan)

Hey John,

"Cool Kids List"

I like it!

k

Tags
rally