NC 2015, Oct. 15-18: Cherokee NC 2015 Rally - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #141

Trailer: Boler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Jones View Post
What weekend next year are we going to be coming back?
I'd love to come to this but third weekend in October is always reserved for another camping trip at the Uwharrie National Forest with the Land Rover clubs I belong to. If you can move to the second or fourth weekend I'd be all over it.
Jack Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:01 PM   #142

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Hawkins View Post
Well I'm sorry to say I'm not going to be able to make it this year to Cherokee due to scheduling at work we're getting a new machine and I have to be there.
I know the feeling Troy, I have a big job coming in this week and it has to be done by the 19th, so I am hoping I can have it done in time to leave on the 15th!
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 01:02 PM   #143

Name: Chris
Trailer: U-Haul
Georgia
Registry
It looks to me like Oct 20-23 2016?
Chris Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 08:04 AM   #144

Name: Chuck
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Due to health issues, we just had to let site #108 go. After two years attending we're really gonna miss going but hope some other disappointed person left out can grab up our reservation. Just cancelled 5 minutes ago. To all those friends we've made in the past, we hope you enjoy yourselves and post plenty of photos! Our site was booked for dates October 13-19, so grab it while you can!

Vicki & Chuck Johnston
kolleel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 10:17 PM   #145

Name: Lora
Trailer: 89 Bigfoot 17G & 73 Compact II
Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Dutch Oven Demo

If anyone is interested in joining Lynne & I to show others how we DO cook, please let me know. We're planning for 2 pm on Friday.
Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 08:55 AM   #146

Name: Dee
Trailer: In the market
Georgia
DO demo

Hi,

I don't own a FGRV yet but will be attending to tour on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

If I get there in time I would enjoy attending your demo. Is that ok?

Thanks, Dee(I will be tent camping at Smokemount.)
DeeFiamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #147

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
Hi Lora, I would really like to see a DO cooking demo. I recently bought one at Cabelas but haven't used it yet. Thank you for doing this. Kathy
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #148

Name: Kathy
Trailer: Oliver Elite II (had Casita SD, Bigfoot 21FB, & Lil Snoozy)
Kentucky
This morning we changed our reservation from site 919 to 829 since Jona & Gary moved to 828.
Kentucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:17 PM   #149

Name: Tom
Trailer: 21' Escape
Tennessee
We are in site 912. We arrive on 10/15 and will depart on 10/18. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Tom & Linda
ATHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #150

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Tail lights

I'm sorry I mentioned it, JohnnyM and Bluepea I don't want to see any fistfights over these but you guys will have first shot at them. Just wait until I have my first Manhatten before you attack me.

Ha

Pete
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #151

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Looks like we might have some good weather even if the colors might not be as good as last year. We are looking forward to the mountains.
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:10 AM   #152

Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeFiamore View Post
Hi,

I don't own a FGRV yet but will be attending to tour on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

If I get there in time I would enjoy attending your demo. Is that ok?

Thanks, Dee(I will be tent camping at Smokemount.)
Love to have you.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #153

Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky View Post
Hi Lora, I would really like to see a DO cooking demo. I recently bought one at Cabelas but haven't used it yet. Thank you for doing this. Kathy
Look forward to meeting you. If you want to bring it and a can of beans we'll help you break it in! Uh-oh, I meant help you get cooking!
Old 10-05-2015, 12:45 AM   #154

Northern Neck, VA
Registry
Dutch Oven Demo

In case there are others who would like to join us & cook-
The plan is to set up like last year, near the covered pavilion by the lake and pray for 0% precipitation.
We will each cook up one dish that we will be sharing with our guests. I will bring small serving cups -- 2 or 3 oz. If you want to do a second dish, feel free to do so.
Other than the serving cups, each cook will bring their own equipment. Don't count on using the campground's tables. I usually bring a small 4-footer and my own stool or chair.
It's a good idea to bring extra copies of your recipe(s) to hand out to those who ask (or at least to your fellow DO demonstrators.)
Almost time to pack up the kit and hit the road! HOO-AHH!!
Old 10-05-2015, 04:26 AM   #155

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
Lora - any suggestions for a recipe to try? We'll bring ours. Also, do you use a liner with yours? A friend made cobbler a couple of weeks ago and had a liner for easy clean up. If so where do you get them?

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Marti
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #156

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
Hey Marti. Looking forward to seeing you two. We buy our liners at the Lodge store in South Pittsburg but think we have seen them at the large sporting stores..Cabelos..ect. There is a wealth of good info on the cast iron and the Dutch oven groups on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #157

Name: Jim and Jill Bulger
Trailer: UHaul CT
Georgia
Registry
Schedule

Is there a schedule of events ?
Bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:14 PM   #158

Northern Neck, VA
Registry
DO Liners

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyMarti View Post
Lora - any suggestions for a recipe to try? We'll bring ours. Also, do you use a liner with yours? A friend made cobbler a couple of weeks ago and had a liner for easy clean up. If so where do you get them?

Looking forward to learning and sharing.

Marti
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynne r View Post
Hey Marti. Looking forward to seeing you two. We buy our liners at the Lodge store in South Pittsburg but think we have seen them at the large sporting stores..Cabelos..ect. There is a wealth of good info on the cast iron and the Dutch oven groups on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Great Marti, Thank you for joining us! I've got some DO cookbooks and find a lot of my recipes online.
Whatever you make will be appreciated. Cobbler or cake is good. I've done a breakfast casserole, or cornbread, or squash casserole, or, or, or ...

As for the liners, I make my own with parchment paper (15" wide), but I only have a 6", an 8" and a 10" deep dish. I'll be happy to show you my method while we are at Cherokee.
If your DO is larger than 10 inches you will either need wider parchment paper or check the places Lynne mentioned. I believe I did see some of those in a Walmart one time.
Again, thank you and look forward to cooking with you!
Old 10-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #159

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Walmart $4.97 in the camping section.
Attached Thumbnails
1444321755160.jpg  
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:18 PM   #160

Trailer: Palomino Pony Pop-up
CHEROKEE RALLY IS HAPPENING!

I just got an inquiry from Arizona Eileen on Facebook...asking me if the Cherokee rally had been cancelled? No, it is happening! I did not want to host this year because I am too uptight when I am in charge!
But we have planned to do all the things that usually happen at Cherokee. Just hope we have some people step up to lend a hand when necessary.

We are in site 87, I think, behind the bath house. Look for a white erase board with activities posted. I will buy some flagging so we can have the open house or egg parade on Saturday.
Pot luck as usual on Saturday night. Music, maybe, on Friday night. Dutch oven demo Friday PM. Someone said they were bringing name tags....a Thursday meet/greet may happen. Look for the white board.
We are coming in on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Lynne
lynne r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally