PA 2015, Oct 4-8: Lancaster county Pa - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2015, 01:26 PM   #1

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
Thumbs down 2015, Oct 4-8: Lancaster county Pa

I see on the 2015 Fiberglass trailer rally map that there will be a get together in October in Lancaster county Pa. No more information is to be found, at least not by me. I live close by to this campground so I went there to get more info. I was told it will be between 10/4/2015 and 10/9. They will only accept 20 reservations for this and already have 11 booked. Although the campground owners seem to be very nice people this campground is very plain and in my opinion rather un inviting. There is even a rule that prohibits camp fires. A rally in Lancaster county Pa is a great idea and there certainly are a lot of campgrounds here to chose from. I'm sorry but I just can't pay 50 dollars a night to stay in a place like this. I am not a sardine and I don't like this type of camping. Maybe if I find a rally at a more enjoyable place I will attend. I hope I'm not being to harsh, I really don't mean to be.
jgraps1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM   #2

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Might have been more appropriate to drop Joan (the host) an email about it as opposed to posting here. Obviously 11 folks are fine with it.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:41 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin00 View Post
Might have been more appropriate to drop Joan (the host) an email about it as opposed to posting here. Obviously 11 folks are fine with it.
Or, 11 folks are unaware.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
When in Lancaster county Pa and you hear: (Cliptey Clop Bang Clipety Clop Cliptey Clop Bang Bang) you will have heard an Amish Drive By Shooting.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #5

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Have you tried this place, not too far from Lancaster, we love it. Burnt Cabins Grist Mill
Good Sam and Passport america discounts with the best home made subs on fresh baked home made rolls, try their pancake mix also.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

Name: Jeff
Trailer: 2013 Scamp 16' 2012 Jeep Wrangler JK 4 Door
Lancaster County Pa
Registry
No Jim I have not tried this camp ground you mentioned. There are a lot of nice camp grounds in this area to chose from. When I look for a place to spend three to five nights or more I look for certain things. A camp fire is a must. A little separation between campsites is also high on my list.
jgraps1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #7

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraps1958 View Post
No Jim I have not tried this camp ground you mentioned. There are a lot of nice camp grounds in this area to chose from. When I look for a place to spend three to five nights or more I look for certain things. A camp fire is a must. A little separation between campsites is also high on my list.
I would have to agree. Only 20 reservations and no campfires? Not for me either. Not knocking anyone, but for me camping is all about campfires. We stayed at Country Acres Campground in Gordonville back in October. It's only 9 miles from Lancaster. This was a great central located friendly campground. Also gives guest a free Amish bus tour and every evening a little Amish girl would pull her wagon through the campground selling fresh bread, cookies and pies. Everyone from Class A's to tents and with a few small cabins also. Couldn't ask for friendlier people.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #8

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
It is word of mouth that gets me to go to new places.....
Old 01-29-2015, 08:04 PM   #9

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
We attended this rally last year (it was our 1st rally) and we had a blast! Were not new to camping but we are new to the fiberglass culture. The owners of this campground, Florys, were extremely nice. This was our 1st time at Florys but not our last, we pre-booked for this year's coming up rally. It would have been nice to have a camp fire, but the park and restrooms were clean and well maintained. Nice level sites that back up to a working amish farm. It was neat watching the amish men & boys working the farm with the horses and trailer. The area has a lot to offer. The Strasburg RR is only minutes away, a lot to do & see. Joan did a great job hosting and it was a true pleasure meeting everybody. Hope to meet some more members there.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #10

Name: donna
Trailer: 13 ft scamo deluxe
New Jersey
Appreciate the info and heads up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
donnaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:53 PM   #11

Name: Gary & Jona
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II
Florida
Gary and I agree with everything Dave said. It was a great rally with great people! We have some friends joining us this year, so, yes, Dave, you will be meeting some new members. I'm sure Joan has some nice side trips planned again for this year. It may not be camping in the woods, but it sure beats a hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed watching the Amish buggies and scooters go down the road, too. I wonder if they allow propane fire pits? I'll have to give them a call. Looking forward to October.....Jona
garyjona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 10:48 AM   #12

Name: Joan
Trailer: Casita 16 SD
Maryland
No campfires? Scares the Amish horses and are good neighbors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraps1958 View Post
I see on the 2015 Fiberglass trailer rally map that there will be a get together in October in Lancaster county Pa. No more information is to be found, at least not by me. I live close by to this campground so I went there to get more info. I was told it will be between 10/4/2015 and 10/8. They will only accept 20 reservations for this and already have 11 booked. Although the campground owners seem to be very nice people this campground is very plain and in my opinion rather un inviting. There is even a rule that prohibits camp fires. A rally in Lancaster county Pa is a great idea and there certainly are a lot of campgrounds here to chose from. I'm sorry but I just can't pay 50 dollars a night to stay in a place like this. I am not a sardine and I don't like this type of camping. Maybe if I find a rally at a more enjoyable place I will attend. I hope I'm not being to harsh, I really don't mean to be.
So sorry you can't get in on the action! Yes, it is Oct 4-8 this year. Calendar has been updated. As part of their good neighbor policy with the Amish, Flory's does not permit open campfires due to the smoke, which cause horses to panic. The closeness of the campers helps build a community and we love to foster this! Lou and Claudette, the owners, provide us with an enclosed pavilion for free as part of the camp fee. On cool October nights this facility helps us host the tech talks, pot luck dinners, yard sales, welcome activities, etc. We get it for our exclusive use for 4 days. Complete with refrigerator and 2 freezers. Other campground we tried charge $55 rental a night for poor facilities, on top of the same camping fee, which we have to pass on to our campers.

We are limited to 20 camp sites, which we usually can fill if you plan early enough to come! If you live close enough, would love to have you this year- if even for one event.

I grew up in the area and have tried several other camp grounds. Can't have it all but this one works for us at this time. I certainly will look into ones mention in the postings too. I appreciate the responses!
For the schedule of events as they unfold, please contact me

Joan
momc318@gmail.com
momc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 06:53 PM   #13

Florida
I did check with Flory's Campground and they DO allow propane fire pits!
Old 07-19-2015, 07:39 PM   #14

Name: Teri
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 11
North Carolina
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjona View Post
I did check with Flory's Campground and they DO allow propane fire pits!
That means that at least 2 fire pits will be burning.
teri s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #15

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Joan,
I think Jeff was referring to the Google rally map, not the Fiberglass RV calendar. I just noticed this thread, as I'm trying to fill in the missing info on the Google Map for the end of the year.
If you plan to coordinate this rally again in 2016, please start a new thread on Fiberglass RV, post it on the calendar, and notify the Google map person. The map thread is a "sticky" at the top of the Rally forum. Here's 2015:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...aps-67269.html
Thanks so much, and have a great rally!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:04 PM   #16

Florida
Another fantastic time, seeing old friends and meeting new!! Thank you, Joan, for all of your time & effort. The private Amish tour & lunch was a wonderful experience and very educational. Hoping to see everyone again next year.....
Old 02-01-2016, 10:01 PM   #17

Name: Dave & Karen
Trailer: 2014 Casita SD 17FT
Maryland
Sorry for the late pics, better late than never lol. Pics from Oct. 2015 Lancaster rally. Once again we had a BLAST! We reserved a campsite for next year, we can't wait. There is so much to do just minutes from Florys campground, Strasburg Railroad and toy train garden, train muesum, Lapps Dairy (best ice cream i ever had), Amish bakery, shops, Amish house & farm tour, list goes on. A big thanks to both of the host for all their hard work to make this memorable rally happen. Can't wait to see old friends and make new friends next year!
Attached Thumbnails
Rally & French Creek 059.jpg   Rally & French Creek 063.jpg  

Rally & French Creek 194.jpg   Rally & French Creek 202.jpg  

Rally & French Creek 119.jpg   Rally & French Creek 098.jpg  

Rally & French Creek 071.jpg   Rally & French Creek 150.jpg  

Rally & French Creek 185.jpg   Rally & French Creek 182.jpg