NC 2015, Oct 9-12: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-06-2015, 10:25 AM   #1

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
2015, Oct 9-12: Eggshells in The Outer Banks

Eggshells in The Outer Banks (OBX) Rally, North Carolina
Friday, Oct. 9th — Monday, Oct. 12th 2015
We’re living large for Columbus Day weekend at Camp Hatteras! Spread your wings to be the "First in Flight" in discovering The Outer Banks while sharing the nest with other fiberglass eggs. Whether you want to climb above the high-water mark of several historical lighthouses, or just stick your toes in the sand, The Outer Banks is overflowing with pioneering activities.

For rally registration and information, please go to our Web site:

Eggshells in The Outer Banks Fiberglass RV Rally
Attached Thumbnails
bodie.jpg  
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #2

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Out of curiosity is the reply email for the coordinator, jeannine@gmail.com or HandywomansComp@gmail.com

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:51 AM   #3

NA
Hi Mike,
It's HandywomanComp
Sorry I don't spell it out directly, but that's what the savvy spam robots pick up, and no one wants spam. I hopefully rewrote it in a more understandable way on the rally Web site.
Old 07-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #4

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
Looking forward to attending. Which site numbers are we assigned to? Thanks for organizing this. Should be lots of fun.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 08:48 PM   #5

NA
Hi Terrance,
You can pick your own site as you'd like. Numbered sites are on the rally Web site's Reservations page.
For further assistance, the staff at Camp Hatteras can help you with what sites are currently available for our rally. Just mention that you're booking with the "Eggshell Rally".
After booking a site, let the rally coordinator know you've registered with the resort and please provide further registration information, found on the rally Web site page:
Eggshells in The Outer Banks Fiberglass RV Rally

We look forward to seeing you at the rally!
Old 07-07-2015, 08:52 PM   #6

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Eggshells In The Outer Banks

I plan to attend. Will register this week.

Charles
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 09:02 PM   #7

NA
BABY DADDY!
Great to hear. I know it's not as local as Cedar Point, but CP's renovation isn't as impressive as I hoped for the time it took them to do it.
You'll be able to see your baby...13' Scamp that is...I'm now booked in the CP campground from tomorrow, the 8th, to the 22nd.
It seems OBX a sweet spot for a rally venue, and area folk are excited about it. I'm excited to be doing this.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 PM   #8

Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
I will stop by and see you this week. Excited about seeing my baby girl!!!
seagull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 05:04 PM   #9

Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
Virginia
I always stay at one of the national park service campsites. No hookups, but only $10-$12/night with senior pass. I will most likely be at Ocracoke campground in October and hopefully Cape Point in early September.
Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 09:54 AM   #10

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
is there whos coming list ?
Old 07-17-2015, 03:24 PM   #11

NA
There will be for the registrants as we get closer to the rally, via email. Otherwise, we like to practice Internet privacy discretion.
We'd like to see your registration email!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:29 PM   #12

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I always stay at one of the national park service campsites. No hookups, but only $10-$12/night with senior pass. I will most likely be at Ocracoke campground in October and hopefully Cape Point in early September.
Hi Huck,
It's great to hear you're enjoying the Outer Banks and saving money. We hope you'll make a little splurge to be with other eggs for one weekend, since you'll be in the area. Hope to see you register for it!
Old 07-26-2015, 06:57 PM   #13

Trailer: 17 ft 2005 Freedom Deluxe Casita
We have made reservations. Site 390
Friends from Maryland also made reservations.
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #14

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
We have made reservations. Site 390
Friends from Maryland also made reservations.
Great Terrance! I see you've coordinated several rallies in the past through Fiberglass RV. We're looking forward to having you join us. Would you know the site your Maryland friends are on? If they could contact the coordinator, that would be appreciated.

See you soon and have a great trip to the OBX.
Old 08-14-2015, 09:17 AM   #15

NA
Free Campsite for Rally!

I just got back from a OBX promotional tour last night and have great news. Our rally coordination team has acquired so much local support, we have sponsors and a free rally campsite to give away! Our Web site will have all the details by the end of next week, so stay tuned. I'll let y'all know when it's posted on our site.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:38 PM   #16

NA
Our Web site has been updated with more information, and a chance to win a free campsite for the rally weekend! Sign up now and start planning your trip to Eggshells in The Outer Banks.

http://www.gardentablet.net/eggshellrally
Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM   #17

NA
Weekly Featured OBX Activity

To help you plan a fun-packed weekend for Eggshells in The Outer Banks, we’re presenting a suggested activity each week until the rally. At the rally, we’ll also have complete itineraries for participants. This week’s feature:

Graveyard Of The Atlantic Museum
59200 Museum Drive
Hatteras Village
(252) 986-2995

At the end of N.C. Highway 12 just past the ferry docks, the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum attracts a lot of attention with its ship-like building, porthole windows and curved timbers. One of three North Carolina Maritime Museums operated by the North Carolina Division of Cultural Resources, the museum focuses on the maritime history and shipwrecks of North Carolina’s Outer Banks, often called the Graveyard of the Atlantic. Exhibitions cover five centuries, with shipwreck artifacts and memorabilia on display. Changing exhibits tell dramatic tales of lifesaving, piracy, maritime culture and underwater heritage.

View the original 1854 Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Fresnel lens, the Enigma machine from the U-85, the bell from the Diamond Shoals Lightship, artifacts from Blackbeard’s Queen Anne’s Revenge and exhibits exploring Hatteras Island during the Civil War, including artifacts from the Monitor. Discover Hatteras’ amazing link to the Titanic. See unusual artifacts that have washed ashore as well as vintage diving and sport-fishing fishing equipment.

The museum features year-round programming for people of all ages. Enjoy creating coastal crafts, movie nights and presentations by experts in maritime history, food, art and culture. For a daily schedule of activities go to the website at ncmaritimemuseums.com and view the calendar for more information.

From April through mid-October, hours are Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free; donations are appreciated. Discover fun, beautiful and educational souvenirs, books and gifts in their Meekins Chandlery Gift Shop, with hours corresponding to Museum hours.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:26 PM   #18

Name: Susie
Trailer: 2012 Lil Snoozy #151 - sold in 2018
Arizona
Registry
We are registered and on site 376 for this rally. This will be our first time camping on the Outer Banks in about 10 years, so we really look forward to this event.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:59 AM   #19

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Listo! Safe travels. Best to all. Shorty sends...
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:57 PM   #20

NA