MI 2015, Sept 11-13: 4th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-30-2014, 08:40 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
2015, Sept 11-13: 4th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble

Hello Fellow Algonac Peeps!!
Just posting up the newest dates for the 4th annual gathering.
September 9-11 (Friday-Saturday) will be the weekend that we'll all gather for fun, friendship and some ship watching along the river at Algonac State Park.
Hope to see you there

Below is a link to Algonac:
http://www.michigandnr.com/parksandtrails/Details.aspx?id=433&type=SPRK
And here is the Facebook Page for Algonac - join up if you wish. But I'll be posting all the details here on FGRV if you don't do FB.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/MichiganAlgonacEggScramble/

Algonac Member Site Map
Attached Thumbnails
Algonac Capture.JPG  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I'm gonna be there with my new Escape 19. I'll get it in the spring.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:26 AM   #3

Name: Michael J
Trailer: U-Haul VT
Indiana
Registry
Unfortunately that is the same weekend of our 50th high school class reunion so we won't make it this year. Will look forward to 2016

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
mmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:25 AM   #4

Registry
Oh, we'll miss seeing you this year, Mike. Have a great time at the reunion.
I'll start getting things posted up on this thread shortly, but we'll be essentially keeping this gathering similar to the others. It will be nice to see everyone, watch the ships, and relax!
Old 01-11-2015, 07:34 AM   #5

Name: Dale
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Dale and I can't wait for the Algonac Scramble !!!! Wish I could book my site right now! I've already booked our first camping trip for May at Buck Creek State Park in Ohio. The days are getting longer....I'm keeping the faith that spring will eventually get here.
dale k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 09:22 PM   #6

Registry
Remember, the sites can be booked 6 months in advance. So reserve early if you want any of the riverfront sites.

We'll have a similar schedule to last year. This same Agenda is on post #62.

AGENDA:

- Friday night 6:30 pm - Meet &Greet at my site (56). Stop in to sayhello, and have a hot dog on me! (hot dogs and chips).

The Strum Bums will be playing their Ukes (site 58 across thestreet) as part of the Meet & Greet.
- Saturday morning we'll leave open this year. People can go to breakfastor eat at their camper. It giveseveryone time to walk around and visit and have a lazy morning. Enjoy the Saturday! Check out the surroundingtowns, or just hang out at camp.
- Saturday afternoon we can have a few hours of camper tours between 2-4.No one is obligated to open their doors, but it’s usually fun to let the other ‘non-FG’campers get a glimpse into our little FG world.
- Saturday night pot luck dinner at 6:30 on site 58. Because I’ve got the ‘end’ site, we’ll have room to spread out beside my camperwith a great view out to the river! Bringa passing dish to share. Everyoneprovides their own plates, eating utensils and drinks.

- After dinner, we’ll draw site numbers for prizes. Please bring a prizefor the giveaway. ($10-$15 price range)
- Saturday night fire at site 56 (unless someone else wants to volunteer tobe the Fire Host). We can wind down (andburp) after a big meal. Time for friendsto gather and share stories. Bring over your Pie Irons and ‘stuffings’ forthem and we’ll make hobo pies!
- Sunday morning, sit back and have a lazy morning before packing up. Stopby and say goodbye, and have a very safe trip home.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:34 AM   #7

Registry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Mich...acEggScramble/
Old 01-15-2015, 07:32 PM   #8

Name: Sergey
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16 layout 4, 2018 Winnebago Revel 4x4
SW Florida
When I click on the link, facebook requires to login. I don't have FB account and I'm not going to open one. Is there other way to see the information provided on that page?
Old 01-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #9

Registry
Sergey, Unfortunately, no. You have to have a FB membership to access the FB site. But don't worry, I'll be posting the same information here as far as the rally info.

I love my FB account. Its given me a huge group of camping friends, and a lot of laughs. I've gone to several FB group rallies also. But if you don't want to join FB, you can just come here to see what is happening for the Algonac rally.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:14 PM   #10

Registry
Here is a map of the park. The river runs along the right (east) side. I'll be going for site 56 this year, and we can picnic in the open area beyond my site.
Attached Thumbnails
Algonac North.jpg   Algonac South.jpg  

Old 01-20-2015, 05:53 AM   #11

Name: charles
Trailer: 1972 American boler
Michigan
Friday Night

Hi Pam The Strum Bums would be happy to do a program on friday night. Hopefully with out a storm. Chuck
rosey45385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #12

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosey45385 View Post
Hi Pam The Strum Bums would be happy to do a program on friday night. Hopefully with out a storm. Chuck
I don't know the little light show from mother nature made for an "interesting" grand finale to last years show. Was a little hard on our canopy however.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM   #13

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Yeah, ours went down too. Just goes to show that when you recommend something, like we always recommended our FirstUp in wind storms you always better add the qualifications.

Maybe we had our own personal tornado that hit our line of campers, Roger.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #14

Michigan
Took down my awning . Roger's fault since I was right beside him. On second thought, I guess it wasn't his fault but might as well blame him anyway.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:20 PM   #15

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
Took down my awning . Roger's fault since I was right beside him. On second thought, I guess it wasn't his fault but might as well blame him anyway.
Well Bob MY awning was fine the years I did not park so close to YOU. Let me see I'm to YOUR side, Cindy is behind YOU.... Me thinks I'm seeing a pattern.

Mother Nature was out to get you and we are just collateral damage. That was one heavy wind for awhile, you must have really done something to piss her off.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:33 AM   #16

Michigan
Maybe it was Cindy's fault then. Certainly wasn't mine. I'm never to blame for anything.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #17

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Hi, All, Marty and I are planning to be there in our EggBert. We were looking at the dates and the weekend after Labor Day is September 11-13th. Pam, do we have the dates right? We plan to arrive on the 10th and leave on the 14th. Makes it a little more relaxing. We have plans to move to Ohio this year. We hope we will be all settled by then. We have a couple of trips planned, Florida this winter and Tybee Island, GA late spring. We hope to get in a few more jaunts.
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 06:20 PM   #18

Registry
Yes, the dates are Friday/Saturday/Sunday, September 11,12,13. I plan to come in on the 10th also. I'm still planning my time off.... might be nice to come to the park even sooner in the week.

Does a Hot Dog station sound like fun at the Saturday night pot luck?
I'll bring the dogs and buns, you all can bring the toppings!!
Old 02-14-2015, 10:15 AM   #19
DJW

Name: DJ
Trailer: boler "The Bubblebee"
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Yeah, ours went down too. Just goes to show that when you recommend something, like we always recommended our FirstUp in wind storms you always better add the qualifications.

Maybe we had our own personal tornado that hit our line of campers, Roger.

CindyL
I swear our pop up landed in Canada
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 10:19 AM   #20
DJW

Name: DJ
Trailer: boler "The Bubblebee"
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Remember, the sites can be booked 6 months in advance. So reserve early if you want any of the riverfront sites. They can book up in just a few days time. Maybe I'll go for one this year, I dunno ...

We'll have a similar schedule to last year, with some details still to be filled in:
- Friday night will be meet and greet. Is there a Volunteer host for Friday night?
- Saturday morning we'll leave open this year. People can go to breakfast or eat at their camper. Gives everyone time to walk around and visit. Keep those coffee pots hot! You never know when an empty cupper will walk by
- Saturday afternoon we can have a few hours of camper tours.
- Saturday night pot luck dinner. It can be at my site... or wherever we decide.
I'm thinking that it could be fun if this year's potluck can include a hot dog station. I'll bring the hotdogs, and you all bring the toppings. What will it be? grandma's special corn chutney? a dill pickle spear and melted cheddar? good old mustard and catsup? kraut and onions,,,, or something really exotic! Bring a passing dish and your own drinks and we'll be full and happy in no time.
- Saturday night fire. Time to wind down (and burp) after a big meal. Time for friends to gather and share stories. (Anyone want to host the fire this year?)
-I hear that there is a great lakes maritime museum in the area, might be a nice place to visit for those that get to Algonac early, or maybe for Saturday morning if its open.

-Ideas are welcome, and also volunteers!!
Dunno about a Marine Museum, but I found this one interesting from our first Scramble....http://www.willsautomuseum.org/
DJW is offline   Reply With Quote