ON 2015, Sept. 18-20: Niagara Wine Escape - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM   #41

Name: Jill
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Ontario
This will be my first rally. 'Sweet Pea, my 1976 Trillium trailer and I am are certainly fired up about taking part and meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #42

Name: Al
Trailer: Trillium
California
Hi Alf:

Is there an itinerary for the event? My wife has asked me to ask about it. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2015, 03:48 AM   #43

California
Hi Sprout!

You picked a good one for your first rally... This was our first one last year and we had a really great time!
Old 08-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #44

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Niagara Escape

Hi Alf,
Getting excited and getting ready to head out to the Rally before long. We will run up through Michigan, cross at Port Huron and head across through your country and onto Niagara. 900 + miles one way so we'll just stay yet Sunday after Betty's. We stopt at a few wineries last year on Saturday and then a short stop at Niagara on the Lake. The business district landscaping and architecture were so amazing we went back on Sunday after most had cleared out and spent several hours shopping and taking photos. Had great campfires at Party Central, even after you left. We can't haul any wood into Canada so if any Canadians have an armload and can legally transport, I am sure it would be appreciated. Our daughter Teresa and her husband Todd plan to come too, and are staying "off campus" but bringing some really nice ladies door prizes. Looking forward to camper tours, and what you said, " we like to rally loose". For those who haven't been, plenty to do and plenty of time to do it, if you don't run into one of us " talkers" on your way. Just say to this old boy, " I got a lot of hay down, I gotta go." And I will understand.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:31 AM   #45

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: Iowa Dave... Hay NOW...Hey later?
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 07:49 AM   #46

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Hi Alf:

Is there an itinerary for the event? My wife has asked me to ask about it. Thanks!
Hi: scotty61... #1 priority have fun...#2 enjoy yourself...#3 relax...
Campfire fri. eve, Watch out... smoke gets in your eyes!
Sat. morn open doors. check out the trailers! Sat aft. Tour wineries if you like, Sat eve potluck supper... I always eat too much!!!
Sun. morn Brunch at Betty's... Go hungry the brunch is legendary... The Riverside usually lets us leave after lunch if there's no one moving onto your site. Betty's Restaurant Chippawa Niagara, Ontario, Canada
Tourism Niagara Official Website - Niagara Region and Niagara Falls Ontario Canada Information
Old 08-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #47

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout View Post
This will be my first rally. 'Sweet Pea, my 1976 Trillium trailer and I am are certainly fired up about taking part and meeting everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Hi: Sprout... Welcome and we'll need your "Fired up" on Friday night to spark the conversation around the campfire at our site#52.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:11 PM   #48

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: scotty61... #1 priority have fun...#2 enjoy yourself...#3 relax...
Campfire fri. eve, Watch out... smoke gets in your eyes!
Sat. morn open doors. check out the trailers! Sat aft. Tour wineries if you like, Sat eve potluck supper... I always eat too much!!!
Sun. morn Brunch at Betty's... Go hungry the brunch is legendary... The Riverside usually lets us leave after lunch if there's no one moving onto your site. Betty's Restaurant Chippawa Niagara, Ontario, Canada
Tourism Niagara Official Website - Niagara Region and Niagara Falls Ontario Canada Information
Thanks Alf! BTW, what do we bring for the potluck? And is there anything else we should bring?
Old 08-28-2015, 08:35 PM   #49

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty61 View Post
Thanks Alf! BTW, what do we bring for the potluck? And is there anything else we should bring?
Hi: scotty61... A nice big pot of...what ever you like!!! If every one brings potato salad that's what we'll have.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:14 AM   #50

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: scotty61... A nice big pot of...what ever you like!!! If every one brings potato salad that's what we'll have.
Potato salad it is!!!
Old 09-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #51

Name: Adrian
Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA
Manitoba
Well it wont be all potato salad we are bringing bean salad! We are now only arriving Friday but leaving Monday. Alf what time do we go to Bettys? Dave there are even prohibitions against moving firewood within ON but we are going to three cottages here in ON over the next week plus so will "borrow" some wood.

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:48 AM   #52

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I think we will pick up a couple dozen donuts on our way out of town to bring for the dinner. Of course Spam and scrapple will be around for breakfast and Yuengling light in between.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:27 AM   #53

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I'll be baking my traditional Blueberry pies. Won't be able to use my home grown blueberries - not enough in the freezer.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #54

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Well it wont be all potato salad we are bringing bean salad! We are now only arriving Friday but leaving Monday. Alf what time do we go to Bettys? Dave there are even prohibitions against moving firewood within ON but we are going to three cottages here in ON over the next week plus so will "borrow" some wood.

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Hi: emers382... Brunch at Betty's starts at 10:30. Once I get a head count we'll call them to let 'em know we're coming. They can seat 500 and they have a serious parking lot to fit tour buses so anyone wanting to tow there and leave after brunch should be ok. BTW I love bean salad.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #55

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
I'll be baking my traditional Blueberry pies. Won't be able to use my home grown blueberries - not enough in the freezer.
Hi: Jon Vermilye... Sure hope I get a slice...even if it's not "Sugar free"
Old 09-05-2015, 02:20 PM   #56

Name: Yazmin
Trailer: Boler (1980)
Ontario
Newbies to the FGRV lifestyle!

I thought I had posted earlier, but apparently I was mistaken!

This will be the first rally for my husband, Ian, and I in our new-to-us 1980 Boler. Along with our 2 Chinese Crested dogs, we will be on site 71 (I think).

We are looking forward to meeting everyone and connecting with other FGRV fans!

Yazmin & Ian
Yazmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #57
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Hey Alf it's mike from happier camper . I know I haven't made any firm commitment yet but I am working on getting the 1st prototype HC1 back to Ontario in the next week . Our plan is to try to hit the tail end of the algonac rally and to get to Niagara the following week if every thing goes as planned. The first prototype is a rough version of our production units and is not ideal as it has many finish issues but will give an idea of how the trailer looks and works . It is all I can use for now as all of our production units are currently sold. I will let you know by next week if we can make it for certain. Hope to see you ther
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 08:22 PM   #58

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Hey Alf it's mike from happier camper . I know I haven't made any firm commitment yet but I am working on getting the 1st prototype HC1 back to Ontario in the next week . Our plan is to try to hit the tail end of the algonac rally and to get to Niagara the following week if every thing goes as planned. The first prototype is a rough version of our production units and is not ideal as it has many finish issues but will give an idea of how the trailer looks and works . It is all I can use for now as all of our production units are currently sold. I will let you know by next week if we can make it for certain. Hope to see you ther
We at the Algonac rally certainly appreciate you bringing the HC1 over to visit us, Mike! The HC1 is also being talked about in the vintage trailer forums and I have orders to get photos when you come by And one of these years I will extend my Algonac rally out to the Niagra rally to make a long 10 days worth of camping.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:15 PM   #59

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Hi: Mikmay... You dropped an "e"... but you could pick it up at Niagara Wine Escape. Like the guy said in his card home to his wife... Having a great trip... wish you were her!!!
Old 09-07-2015, 06:24 PM   #60

Name: Mrshobo
Trailer: Triple E
Ontario
Hi Alf

Hope all is well, we have a new couple joining us they have a Big Foot, they are at Site #68 right beside us.

See you in a couple of weeks
Mrs hobo
Mrshobo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
escape