CO 2016, July 24th - July 29th Durango Colorado USA - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-09-2015, 09:57 AM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
2016, July 24th - July 29th Durango Colorado USA

The 5th Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - July 24th - July 29th, 2016

Colorado fiberglass trailer owners Thom Rowland, Greg & Ilse Hine and Rick Gibbons cordially invite fellow "egg" owners everywhere to join us for the 5th not quite annual Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous. Our site is at a cool 7,000+ feet elevation north of Durango, Colorado and near the heart of the historic San Juan Mountain mining district.

https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...eggrendezvous/
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #2

RSVP

You can RSVP Through the link on Calander or at:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/c...=2016-7-29&c=1
Old 02-29-2016, 11:00 PM   #3

Name: Christian
Trailer: Escape 2017, 17B
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
The 5th Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - July 24th - July 29th, 2016

Colorado fiberglass trailer owners Thom Rowland, Greg & Ilse Hine and Rick Gibbons cordially invite fellow "egg" owners everywhere to join us for the 5th not quite annual Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous. Our site is at a cool 7,000+ feet elevation north of Durango, Colorado and near the heart of the historic San Juan Mountain mining district.

https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...eggrendezvous/
Hi, can you post a more precise location? And are there fees? I would like to go, but have to be in Colorado Springs in early Aug. Maybe a campground name, address or GPS coordinates? Thanks
Christian in FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:23 PM   #4

Name: Bill
Trailer: Had Scamp 13'.
Oklahoma
Registry
Lisa, if you will click onto the Google link in message #1, it will give you some additional information, with a map showing the location in Colorado.

I have driven though that area many times on the way to Silverton, and it is a beautiful area.

Bill
Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa in FL View Post
Hi, can you post a more precise location? And are there fees? I would like to go, but have to be in Colorado Springs in early Aug. Maybe a campground name, address or GPS coordinates? Thanks
Hi Lisa,
The link in the first posting of this thread will give you more information.
The campground is called Chris Park, it is located 18 miles north of Durango, Colorado. It is about a mile south of Haviland Lake and is a group campground that we reserved and paid for, so reservations are not needed by the attendees. We ask for donations to offset the rental of the site. In past years it was $10/night per trailer.
Hope this helps.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:27 AM   #6

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Howdy, I was wondering if I could join you if I don't have a trailer yet? I would be tent-camping but thought this might be a good opportunity to view a few "eggs" before I try to find the right one. Not even sure I will be able to make it yet, but just wanting to see if there is room for a tent on the site you have rented, or would I be better off just going for one of the regular camp sites. Thanks!
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Hi, attending a fiberglass trailer gathering is a great way to see a variety of manufacturers and even different layouts by the same manufacturer.....many people make changes to fit their personal needs and this gives us all great ideas how to make our own changes. I can't answer your question about being able to use a tent in the group site, but the park should have tent sites available and you could just walk over to the group site. Best of luck and hope to see you there.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:00 PM   #8

Florida
Hey Dave and Paula, do you know of any breed specific legislation in CO? My service dog is a bulldog mix and often gets mistaken for a Pitbull. I will of course have him with me, on leash at all times.

Sent from my C6530N using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Old 04-15-2016, 05:04 PM   #9

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Hi Lisa,
Being from Co., I might chime in on this...no problem at all here with Pitties. If you are moving to Aurora or Denver, you would have a problem. Elsewhere in the state...we love all dogs!
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:12 PM   #10

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Hey Dave and Paula, do you know of any breed specific legislation in CO? My service dog is a bulldog mix and often gets mistaken for a Pitbull. I will of course have him with me, on leash at all times.

If he is a registered service dog why would breed specific legislation be of concern? Would have thought that service dog legislation trumps any local breed specific legislation.

I am curious as I raise and travel/camp with registered service dogs all the time. I am aware the requirements as to registration and clearly identification of such dogs are bit more restrictive in Canada than state side (to cut down on people claiming fake service dogs) - but have found if the dog is wearing a vest and their government issued photo id I do not get any questioned asked or challenged over their right to be in such and such a place, when state side either.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #11

Florida
There is no government issued ID for SD in the US, thus the confusion and imposters. I carry documentation wherever we go, but none is required by law. Also each state has differences in local laws, these do not supercede the federal ADA, but I have educated, and been delayed by many who think they know the laws better than I do. I have found it better to check local sources when possible.

Old 04-15-2016, 05:41 PM   #12

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
but I have educated, and been delayed by many who think they know the laws better than I do. I have found it better to check local sources when possible.

LOL Yes know about that issue! LOL

Have noted and read a bit on the issues created for persons with disabilities due to the no legal requirement for the dog to be clearly ID'd as a service dog in the US. We had much the same so the ADA community lobbied the government to make the rules clearer thus the clear ID requirement for registered service dogs. Perhaps the US will follow the lead.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 05:35 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Hi, attending a fiberglass trailer gathering is a great way to see a variety of manufacturers and even different layouts by the same manufacturer.....many people make changes to fit their personal needs and this gives us all great ideas how to make our own changes. I can't answer your question about being able to use a tent in the group site, but the park should have tent sites available and you could just walk over to the group site. Best of luck and hope to see you there.
Dave & Paula
Oh boy! We will be glad to see you guys again. Does anyone know if there is a dump station nearby?
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 03:42 PM   #14

Name: Myron
Trailer: Escape
New Mexico
Registry
There is a free dump station on the southern fringes of Durango at the Durango visitors center off Santa Rita Avenue. It doesn't get any friendlier or welcoming than at The Chris Park group campground, be it with trailer or tent, or pit bull.
Attached Thumbnails
ChrisP.006.jpg  
MyronL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 05:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Leski View Post
There is a free dump station on the southern fringes of Durango at the Durango visitors center off Santa Rita Avenue.
I've used that dump station many times. It can be a little hard to find the first time. There is an old steam engine right next to the highway where the dump station is that you can use as a landmark.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:08 PM   #16

For those that use GPS.
Durango Dump Station:
37°15'41.8"N 107°52'45.2"W
37.261618 -107.879217
Chris Park Group Camp Ground:
37°31'10.7"N 107°48'16.3"W
37.519638 -107.804546
Old 05-15-2016, 01:27 PM   #17
Commercial Member

Trailer: Winnebago
Thanks Thom! GPS is the beltway to find things.
Larry,C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #18

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomandCallie View Post
Howdy, I was wondering if I could join you if I don't have a trailer yet? I would be tent-camping but thought this might be a good opportunity to view a few "eggs" before I try to find the right one. Not even sure I will be able to make it yet, but just wanting to see if there is room for a tent on the site you have rented, or would I be better off just going for one of the regular camp sites. Thanks!
The rally info page https://sites.google.com/site/rockym...eggrendezvous/ mentions that there's plenty of room for tents in the group CG area.
Mike Magee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #19

Name: Steve
Trailer: Casita
Missouri
Update info on electric please

Thom

We are just getting back from months of camping to clean up and prep for the Rocky Mountain Rally. We do not have solar or generator so I just wanted to confirm that there are only 8 electric hookup? Have people shared in the past or do most have other previsions? Also, is water available on site?

Sorry if the info is already elsewhere but we may not be the only ones new to this rally.

Steve
saminmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:42 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by saminmo View Post
Thom

We are just getting back from months of camping to clean up and prep for the Rocky Mountain Rally. We do not have solar or generator so I just wanted to confirm that there are only 8 electric hookup? Have people shared in the past or do most have other previsions? Also, is water available on site?

Sorry if the info is already elsewhere but we may not be the only ones new to this rally.

Steve
That is correct that there are only 8 spots with electric hookups and we have been allowed to share in the past.
There is water available at the shelter to fill jugs. I don't remember seeing anyplace to fill the tank in your rig.