KY 2016, June 10, 11, 12: Eggs A La Bourbon - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 01:35 PM   #141

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I have contacted the campground hoping to book a site but have been informed there are none available so I am now on a wait list .when I told the camp host that I was going to bring the new hc1 and if it would be possible to bring in the trailer even if during the day she told me she would talk with management and try to acomadate us ,just waiting to hear back from her.hopeing we can be there.
There are a couple of spots that are larger if folks would be willing to share: #2, #26, and # 39. #26 and #39, especially 39 are the best if people are willing to share.

CindyL
Old 05-23-2016, 02:46 PM   #142

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
For those making reservations for the dinner train she asked that they mention they were with the Hawkins party so we would be seated together. I'm starting to get very excited!!!

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:24 PM   #143

Registry
I made a typo. #2 does not have room for a second one. It is ours; the Silver Cloud will have trouble with a tree as it is.

CindyL
Old 05-23-2016, 03:44 PM   #144

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
For anyone who cares, here is our schedule while at Bardstown:
Wed., June 8 - arrive early afternoon at site 002
Thurs., June 9 - a.m. Golf?, Jim Beam distillery tour at 2 p.m., 5:30 dinner at The Rickhouse Restaurant
Friday, June 10 - noon lunch at Talbot's Tavern, 6 p.m. Dinner Train
Sat., June 11 - 9:30 a.m. tour at Maker's Mark distillery, 5 p.m. Potluck dinner
Sun., June 12 - Head home around 10 a.m.

Can't wait!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 AM   #145

To Bookernoe (Charles): If you can find time to sneak away from the festival in Lexington, late Saturday afternoon would be best for seeing everyone. We have a potluck at 5 p.m. and you're welcome to join in. There will be hotdogs and pass-around dishes.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:36 AM   #146

If people are interested, we could do a trailer walk-around before the potluck on Saturday afternoon, too. Maybe between 3:30 and 5 p.m.? Of course, people are free to wander the camp sites anytime!
Old 05-24-2016, 03:52 PM   #147

Trailer: 1985 Companion
Registry
If our site will accomadate another camper, we would be happy to share space with the hc1.
Karen K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 04:39 PM   #148

Registry
Thanks for the offer. Kevin thinks it might not be large enough, but if Mikmay checks with the manager about the size of that space, she would know if she understands the size of the hc1 and the Companion.

Thanks for the offer.

CindyL
Old 05-25-2016, 06:25 PM   #149

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I have contacted the campground hoping to book a site but have been informed there are none available so I am now on a wait list .when I told the camp host that I was going to bring the new hc1 and if it would be possible to bring in the trailer even if during the day she told me she would talk with management and try to acomadate us ,just waiting to hear back from her.hopeing we can be there.
Hi Mike!
Awesome to hear you're planning to attend this rally. Don't let the wait list deter you. In fact, if you have to take a site at White Acres Campground, just 4 miles away, you won't be alone. Do you recall the Nat Geo professional writer that wanted to see the HC1 at Eggshells at The Outer Banks last year for story potential? He will be at White Acres with his boys for the rally weekend! If you can't double-up in a large rally site with us, other opportunities await. We can campground hop as easily as distillery hop. Can't wait to meet you in-person!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 06:36 PM   #150

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Hawkins View Post
For those making reservations for the dinner train she asked that they mention they were with the Hawkins party so we would be seated together. I'm starting to get very excited!!!

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
You got me, Troy, and I might be carrying 3 others too! Look forward to seeing you again. The wood carved dolphin looks better than ever; it's front-and-center in my trailer.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:00 PM   #151

Hidalga did a very nice job summarizing the types of things available for our upcoming rally in Bardstown. This summary is below. I've noted the things CindyL and I will be doing. The only formally scheduled thing is the Saturday evening potluck dinner at 5 p.m. Everything else is open for you to explore and make your own adventure! See you all in a bit over a week!

Eggs A La Bourbon Schedule of Events

Hosts: Cindy & Kevin, site #2, checking in on Wed. June 8th

This is our personal schedule except for the Saturday evening potluck.

Thursday, June 9
Golf in a.m. for Kevin and Cindy if weather permits.
The golf course is right next to the campground and fees are very reasonable. We played 9 holes with a cart and the fee was about $19 per person. Tee times start at 7:30 a.m. and should be made in advance (by walking over to the Pro Shop!). It seems to be fairly busy right away in the mornings, but opens up toward noon. We went at 7:35 and weren't rushed by other groups.
2:00pm - Jim Beam distillery tour Jim Beam® Distillery Tour Information & Reservation | Jim Beam®
5:30 - Dinner at The Rickhouse Restaurant

Friday, June 10
Noon lunch at Talbot's Tavern
6:00 – My Old Kentucky Dinner Train (Reserve under the Hawkins party to be together and for a potential group discount) For more info, go to: My Old Kentucky Dinner Train

Saturday, June 11
9:30am - Maker's Mark distillery tour https://www.makersmark.com/distillery/tours
3:30-4:30pm – Casual open house of trailers
5:00 - Potluck dinner
Free-range potluck dinner. No program is planned. Visit with new/old friends! We set the time a bit early if people want to buy tickets to the My Old Kentucky Home/Stephen Foster musical at 8 p.m. Cindy and I will furnish hot dogs and buns for everyone. Bring your own meat if hotdogs aren’t your thing. Also, please bring a dish to pass and bring your own plates and silverware. We will furnish lemonade, but other drinks are up to you. We plan to eat at the picnic tables on the golf course clubhouse grounds just behind site 2 if the weather is OK. Otherwise, there is no available shelter nearby, so we might have to make alternate plans. (Lots of umbrellas and lawn chairs?)

Sunday, June 12
1:00pm – Check-out

Other Area Information

Saturday and Sunday also feature the Stephen Foster Festival in Bardstown, along with the Golf Classic. See their Website for a schedule of events: http://www.stephenfoster.com/the-ste...ster-festival/

Distilleries are also open for tours throughout the weekend. See their Websites for more information and tour times.

The Heaven Hill Distillery is just on the south end of the park, so it is convenient to visit. The Barton Distillery is on the other side of the park on Cathedral Manor/Route 31E.

The Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History is free in Bardstown and it’s a self-guided tour. Historic Spalding Hall : Home of the Oscar Getz Museum of Whiskey History and the Bardstown Historical Museum : Bardstown, Kentucky

The Old Kentucky Home Tour in the park is about $10 per person and you have to buy a ticket for tour times. Tours are guided and last about 40 minutes in the mansion.

White Acres Campground, White Acres Campground, is our recommended overflow campground for the rally. My Old Kentucky State Park currently is on a wait list for the rally weekend.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:48 PM   #152

Registry
You are more than welcome to PM us if you wish to join any of our planned activities (unless you are great golfers! Then you can play by yourselves. We are just duffers!)

Something else we did last year that is a nice activity is the Civil War museum. It is actually a western theater Civil War museum (inside) and early rebuilt Bardstown town (outside).

But beware the wasps at the whiskey still in the rebuilt town. They stung Kevin last year.

CindyL
Old 06-02-2016, 04:52 PM   #153

NA
FYI: I am a self-proclaimed connoisseur of s'mores. I have all the fixings; we just need hot coals and toasting sticks in evening camp...
Old 06-03-2016, 06:00 AM   #154

OK rally campers...Anyone volunteering to host a post-potluck campfire? Sounds like dessert is waiting!
Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM   #155

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Checking out the Eggs!

We are very excited to meet everyone and to see so many eggs, especially the HC-1! Still shopping, so we will probably bring a tent for White Acres Campground or find a hotel nearby. We will be getting in Friday evening, but haven't planned anything beyond that.

September and Otto
Toxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:25 PM   #156

Registry
There is a tenting area at the Old KY Home Park. We think it a first come/first serve though.

Please, everyone who is in the overflow campground, know that there is visitor parking at Old KY Home campground. I am sure that everyone in the campground will roll out the welcome wagon.

CindyL
Old 06-04-2016, 05:38 PM   #157

Registry
We bought a roaster for hotdogs for Sat. We bought a 40 cup coffee pot too. Went up to the Longhouse and loaded them today. Kevin also stowed our jug for water and a couple of extra chairs.

We will get there in the PM on Wed next week, but we have to leave on Sunday at noon. I teach a one-semester class that is stuffed into one week beginning on the following Monday .

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Bardstown is great! Be sure to enjoy a little Maker's Mark. Hubby and I are ambassadors. Or a little Jim Beam (I like their Fire.). My ancestor's distillery became part of Jim Beam.

CindyL
Old 06-05-2016, 07:54 AM   #158

Most Recent List of Rally Campers: 26 Reserved Units! See everyone soon! The 10-day forecast looks very good, too.

Sorry about the formatting below. It doesn't want to honor the spaces I inserted, so things look run-together.

Site # Name Trailer Type
002 Kevin/Cindy (hosts) Bigfoot Silver Cloud
003 Larry/Cindy Casita 17
005 Troy Hawkins Burro 13
007 Anne/Rob Scamp 13
008 Kathy Oliver
010 Dennis/Susie Scamp 16
011 Gary/Marsha Alto
012 Adrian/Suger Scamp 13
014 JackieLynn Scamp 13
016 Pat Snoozy
018 Corky/Darlene Scamp 16
019 Nellie/Jack UHaul VT
020 Hidalga Scamp 13
021 Tammy/Danny Scamp 13
023 John/Mary Catherine ECO Royal
024 Karen Companion
025 Bill Escape
030 Roy Casita
031 Ron/Mary Ellen Casita
032 Terri Van camper
033 Shelly Casita 17
035 Ricky Caradine UHaul CT
036 Laura/Dean Casita 17
037 J & J Scamp 13
038 CA Silver UHaul CT
039 Sue Jasulaitis Scamp (?)

There may also be a tent or two and some folks staying at the White Acres Campground nearby.
Old 06-05-2016, 02:46 PM   #159

Name: Ron
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Hi Kevin,

I have had a reservation for several months now, but haven't posted my plans, site, etc.

Ron Hutchison
Casita 17' SD
Site 17
Arriving Thursday, June 9
Departing Monday June 13

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Ron H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #160

Thanks, Ron. See you in Bardstown!