KY 2016, June 10, 11, 12: Eggs A La Bourbon - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #161

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Just letting everyone know: The funeral parade and ceremony for Muhammad Ali will be this Friday in Louisville. The parade is at 9 a.m. EDT and the funeral ceremony is at 2 p.m. EDT. Traffic may be affected in Louisville even more than normal (CONSTRUCTION!), so you may want to plan ahead for another route if you are coming through Louisville.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:12 PM   #162

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
And that means potential Secret Service shutdowns and reroutes. I work in Chicago, so a couple of times I have had to change plans due to presidential visits. Once, Kevin and I had a flight canceled, because our plane would have been in the flight route of the President's plane. We did not mind the delay, but my university gave me grief about asking for reimbursement for another night.

CindyL
Old 06-05-2016, 11:08 PM   #163

Name: Shelly
Trailer: Casita LD 17'
North Carolina
CindyL,
I would like to visit Berea College to view their craft showroom. Is this a doable day trip from where we will be? Are any others interested in this activity? Also the reviews I have read about the dinner train have not been very favorable. Are the reviewers being unkind??? What's your take?

Shelly from Durham, NC
Gourdamental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:46 AM   #164

Registry
Google says you can make that trip in one day. You better check the hours of Berea. If it is the place I have tried to stop at before, they are always closed when I try, but then, it has been Sunday every time.

I have not been on the dinner train before, so I will be experiencing it this week for the first time myself. Maybe someone else has insight and will speak up.

CindyL
Old 06-06-2016, 05:15 AM   #165

It's just under a 2 hour drive from Bardstown to Berea, so that can easily be done as a day trip. If you are coming from NC, you could also stop there on your way to Bardstown.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:06 PM   #166

Name: Ron
Trailer: Christi the Casita
Kentucky
Hi there, we are just wondering home many campers might be at the rally

Ron
RonNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #167

Name: Bill
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Connecticut
Kevin,

Been to busy to post the details either. Here they are

Bill and Ann-Marie
Escape 21
Site 25
Arriving Friday when we get there.
Departing Monday

We'll be around for the open house and the pot luck and maybe a distillery or two.
bisonbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 06:57 PM   #168

Ron, please take a look at posting 158 above for a listing of those campers of whom I'm aware.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:29 AM   #169

Hi, Fred and Vicki will be at site 15, arriving on the 9th with our Aliner. We originally reserved site 14, but the park staff moved us saying that site was not ready for camping (at that time). So, see you all Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
evansfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 05:28 AM   #170

Thanks, guys. See you in a couple days!
Old 06-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #171

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Unhappy Find a spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
I have contacted the campground hoping to book a site but have been informed there are none available so I am now on a wait list .when I told the camp host that I was going to bring the new hc1 and if it would be possible to bring in the trailer even if during the day she told me she would talk with management and try to acomadate us ,just waiting to hear back from her.hopeing we can be there.
Hi Mike,
Have you been able to line up a spot yet? If you can make it, we are totally up for the weekend shopping trip! If not, we will probably have to sit this one out.

By the way, there were no cabins left at White Acres, so we will probably get a hotel room out of town a little bit.
Toxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:03 PM   #172

Registry
Stopped today and bought some coffee cups for our new 40 cup coffee pot that we will fire up at points this weekend at our "Longhouse." I also bought some plastic glasses, some plastic silverware, and nametags for the group.

Since I am a glamper and my family had a part in Jim Beam, I also bought some martini glasses that match our Longhouse design and some Jim Beam "Fire" with some Vermouth. I already had bitters.

I finished my Bigfoot necklace and earrings and the tank top (Not as many commercial Bigfoot items as there were Uhaul items. So, I make my own.)

All ready as soon as the wash is done, and I can pack the clothes.

We are leaving tomorrow. Look for the Bigfoot in the image or Kevin (in Uhaul garb) or me (in Bigfoot garb). Of course, we do have plans, so if we are not there, find any of the fiberglass campers and greet old friends or new friends.

Cindy
Attached Thumbnails
Bigfoot with screenroom.jpg   Bigfoot me.jpg  

Kevin Uhaul 1.jpg  
Old 06-07-2016, 04:24 PM   #173
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxdoc View Post
Hi Mike,
Have you been able to line up a spot yet? If you can make it, we are totally up for the weekend shopping trip! If not, we will probably have to sit this one out.

By the way, there were no cabins left at White Acres, so we will probably get a hotel room out of town a little bit.
Hello September as of now we have a delema attending the rally as we have not been able to secure a spot at my old Kentucky home campground . I have no problem staying at the white acres campground or any other campground nearby and just visiting my old Kentucky home for the day on Saturday . The problem is when I talked to the management at MKH thy told me I could not bring in the HC1 For any reason with out a campsite. Maybe if Kevin or Cindy can get a little better perspective when they arrive and let me know by Thursday I would be more tha happy to attend but if there not going to allow us in even for a few hours I don't see the point in going.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #174

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Boy, nothing like southern hospitality, why not just go in like a visitor, visitors are allowed in most campgrounds.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:42 PM   #175
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Boy, nothing like southern hospitality, why not just go in like a visitor, visitors are allowed in most campgrounds.
Jim I did tell them I was just going to visit and they said no problem I could visit all I want but could not bring in the trailer go figure.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:23 PM   #176

I don't see how parking in the visitor area would not be OK. We'll check it out tomorrow when we get there.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:42 PM   #177
Commercial Member

Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
I don't see how parking in the visitor area would not be OK. We'll check it out tomorrow when we get there.
Ok Kevin I'll send you a pm with my phone in case you want to call me.
Old 06-08-2016, 12:35 PM   #178

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
A few early arrivals.
Attached Thumbnails
1465410929646.jpg   1465410941283.jpg  

Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 12:40 PM   #179

Name: September
Trailer: Happier Camper
North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Hawkins View Post
A few early arrivals.
Nice! Is that the Safari with the retractable roof or fixed?
Toxdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 02:10 PM   #180

Name: Troy
Trailer: Burro 13'
Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxdoc View Post
Nice! Is that the Safari with the retractable roof or fixed?
Yes it is they really cool!!
Troy Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote