AL 2016, Mar 17-20: Green Eggs & Ham VI - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
2016, Mar 17-20: Green Eggs & Ham VI

Hello everyone! I trust everyone is well and enjoying the hot summer. Please mark the dates of March 17 – 20, 2016 (Thursday – Sunday) for the GE&H VI extravaganza! We will be returning to Gunter Hill COE for this iteration and look forward to seeing you there as well.
No major changes are planned for the event with the exception that this year we will be returning to the “Free Range” concept. What does that mean? It means that planned activities will be minimal allowing all to relax and mingle. If there is an activity that you feel strongly about, e.g. egg parade, craft time, etc… just let me know and I will schedule it in. However coordination for said activity will be your responsibility. As usual the pot luck and nightly campfires will occur. However any other activities will require a leader/coordinator. More info will be forth coming as the dates approach.
I look forward to seeing you all again at Gunter Hill next year or perhaps on the black top down the road.
Best to all. Shorty sends…
Chuck Dirnsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 07:00 PM   #2

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Sounds great Shorty. We look forward to having a good time.

Charlie sends....

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:14 PM   #3

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Casita Spirit 16'
Indiana
What is GE&H VI and where is Gunter Hill COE?
Indiana Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 07:12 AM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn w Autistic kid View Post
What is GE&H VI and where is Gunter Hill COE?
Green Eggs and Ham (GE&H) is a Saint Patrick’s Day themed rally conducted yearly in Alabama. The 2016 event will be the sixth iteration of said event as such it is identified by the Roman numeral “VI”. The event is all open to ALL camper types and makes and has a fairly strongly following. Last year we had around 80 rigs in attendance. Gunter Hill COE (Corps of Engineers) is a Federal run park located near Montgomery, AL. If you desire further info you can follow the happenings at http://www.borderbrae.com/ge-h/ge-h.html . We will update the web page frequently so please check back as we are just starting to work the event for 2016. Hope this helps. Best. Shorty sends...
Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

Name: Glenn
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Georgia
Looking forward to it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Martins HeirCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #6

Name: Maynard and Jacquie
Trailer: Casita
Tennessee
Registry
We are hoping to be able to attend again in 2016. A good time is always had by all!
Skytalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:00 AM   #7

Hello everyone. As a follow up to the original announcement post for GE&H VI, I provide the following. As previously indicated GE&H VI is a go for 17 – 20 March 2015 at Gunter Hill COE in Montgomery, AL. Come early and stay late, remember reservations can only be made 120 days from planned arrival date.

Regrettably, the “Gumbo” event will not be offered as our culinary experts will not be attending the 2016 event due to prior familial commitments. They will be missed and we look forward to seeing them back at the 2017 event! As such, I would like to canvas the group and see if there is anyone out there in the either that would like to take the lead on the Gumbo event? As a matter of fact it does not have to be Gumbo but can be whatever you decide to cook up. If you are interested in assuming this event/actions please PM or email me so we can address the specifics. In the absence of anyone stepping up to the plate to assume the Gumbo event, we will slide the equally as tasty “Chili Dump” in its place. Both events need someone to spearhead them, so please let me know if you can help with one or the other...

Also if anyone wants to assume the reigns for any other events e.g. egg parade, crafts, etc… let me know. I know we are 6 months out, plus or minus but March will be upon us before we know it!!!

Old 08-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #8

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Can't wait. Waiting for the day that we can try to reserve a site.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 06:04 AM   #9

Thumbs up September 2015 UPDATE

Greeting fellow “Eggers.” I trust this missive finds you well and ready to start enjoying the fall season. WRT GE&H VI, I spoke with the park manager yesterday and informed him of our plans to conduct our event at Gunter Hill (17 – 20 Mar 16). He seemed pleased and was very welcoming. A few changes and issues we discussed are addressed below.

Doubling Up: I received verbal authorization for doubling up. However doubling up will only be utilized as a reserve option. That means that the entire Catoma loop must be sold out before we start doubling people up. This action, although some will argue against, mitigates the amount of interface required with the park manager and park hosts, more importantly it also reduces a good deal of confusion. If/when doubling up is activated each double up action will be handled individually.

Reservations: I spoke with the camp hosts at the front desk and they informed me that they have been fielding a high number of calls regarding reservations… Folks here is the official bottom line on this topic: Reservations can only be made 120 days out from your intended arrival date. Period. As an example I intend to arrive on 16 Mar 16, so the earliest that I can make a reservation is on/about 18 Nov 15. If you have any questions or need further information feel free to email me or call me. As an aside the campground front office/gate cannot make reservations for you. Reservations can be made at www.recreation.gov and/or www.reserveamerica.gov .

As previously posted we are limiting our planned events this year to the Pot Luck on Saturday, nightly camp fire, and the chili dump. If you desire other planned activities we can schedule them but I will need for you to assume responsibility for execution of same. Let me know if you are willing to undertake any e.g. egg parade, crafts, tech talks, etc… As of today we will need assistance (e.g. volunteers) to handle the following:

Chili dump coordinator/team members
Camp fire coordinator
Pot luck coordinator/team members

The duties for these positions are fairly simple and will not require inordinate amount of time on your part. However they do make the event much more enjoyable for all. Respectfully request your assistance in volunteering to help. I’m sure we will have another successful event and I look forward to seeing you all again. More info will be provided as the situation develops.

Please feel free to contact me via the medium of your choice e.g. PM, email, post, phone call if you have any questions. I know English is my second language so if I have confused any issue contact me and I will clarify.

Thanks to all. Enjoy the fall season. Best Shorty sends…
Old 09-04-2015, 08:59 AM   #10

September 2015 Update - Correction

Oh oh… seems that the reservation window is 6 months out from date of arrival not 4 months out as previously posted. Apologize for this misinformation.
Old 09-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #11

Name: Herman & Ann
Trailer: Casita SD
Pensacola Florida
Shorty Ann and I have site 75 reserved for the event. We have our name tags already. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Herman M Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #12

If you make reservations for the rally please either PM me or Shorty or post it in the Comments section on the website, Green Eggs & Ham Rally. There is also an email link to me on the website.

If anyone recently got an email that looked like it was from Shorty and contained a link in it it was a scam, it was not from Shorty. I hope no one opened the link. IF/when we send out emails they will contain GE&H in the subject line and will not have any links in them. We won't be sending out any emails until much closer to the event.

We suggest you visit the website, bookmark it or make it a favorite so you can return to it easily and check it regularly for updates.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 06:53 AM   #13

Hello folks, hope everyone is well. John and Kathy Roader provided the link for reservations to the Hyundai plant tour and I am posting here for your use ( About Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) Tours | Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama,LLC. ). The tour is real nice as described by John. Interaction at the web site is extremely easy but it appears that availability for the tours is in high demand. Enjoy. Thanks John and Kathy!!!
Best. Shorty sends...
Old 09-26-2015, 07:15 AM   #14

Late September Update:

Hello everyone, I trust you are well. GE&H VI planning is moving forward nicely and you can expect a modified but still enjoyable agenda for the event. I am releasing this update early as I will be on the road and do not know if/when I’ll have internet connectivity. This update would have normally been released in October.

As of this penning we show thirty seven (37) rigs. Of these three (3) are double ups. Thank you so much to those participants that volunteered to share their site. I would like to know if you would consider sharing your site just in case others want to attend… although Antioch is wide open, some may not want to be separated from the center of the universe (e.g. Catoma Loop). In this vein, if you have a reservation and have not informed Jean or myself, could you please send us a missive so we can properly plan? Thanks.

A MACRO level status on specific actions are:

Site Double Ups. We have pretty much reserved the Catoma Loop for the 17 – 20 March 2016 timeframe. As such the Double Up option is being offered. If you are interested in doubling up you need to contact a reservation holder and work out the terms e.g. arrival dates, etc… with them. Once that is completed please let me know so that we can report that to park management. Gunter Hill has been gracious in allowing us to double up for the event and the reporting requirement is the only thing that they ask of us. Please help me accomplish same. Any questions drop me a line. FYI as of this posting we three (3) double up sites.

Uncle Mikes lunch. John and Kathy Roader have laid the initial ground work for a lunch at Uncle Mike’s in Prattsville. More info on date and time will be forth coming as it develops.

Gumbo Dinner. We are still looking for a volunteer to take over the Gumbo event who would be willing to execute same or other similar culinary activity. If we cannot find one, we will slide the Chili Dump in the Gumbos time slot (TBD). BTW we also need someone to coordinate/execute the chili event. Requirements are providing the cooking accoutrements e.g. pots, burners etc… and actually cooking the brew. We (GE&H) will provide the crackers, hot sauce, cheese, etc… and the participants will bring a can/batch of their favorite chili for mixing into the combined recipe. I know this sounds questionable but the event has always “sold out” of the mixture. Can you help, please?

Firewood/Campfire. John Roader has taken on this action and he will execute it flawlessly as he always does. John will also coordinate the delivery of a load of wood. We are in need of an above ground fire pit as the park will not allow us to build a fire on the ground in the Pavilion area.

Pot luck. Self explanatory… YUMMY!

Remember we are scaling back scheduled activities to allow for more free ranging by participants. If there is an activity that you would like to see on the schedule (e.g. Egg Parade, crafts, etc…), please let me know and I will integrate into the schedule. I will need your assistance though on the execution portion.
Rig Fees. At this time we do not see a need for a rig fee as the activities that normally are funded are not being planned. However this may change based on the situation. Either way if a rig fee is needed, it will be minimal and based on the actual requirement. Current event expenditures will be funded with remaining funds from prior years events.

T-Shirts. We made T-Shirts for the 2011 and 2012 events and have not done so recently… However a lot of folks asked about them last year. As such if there is an interest in ordering same please advise. Remember the more we order the lower the cost. As always we will get high quality shirts, which as a matter of fact I am still using my 2011 shirts!!

Data call: We are missing an email addy for the following folks:
Site 40 Paul & Reine
Site 54 Fred & Debbie

Once we have those in hand we will periodically send you the updated attendance information. If your desire is NOT to receive same, just let me know. We are trying hard to make this a successful event. Your cooperation in responding to queries is very much appreciated.

I hate to beat this dead horse but… if you have a reservation and have not notified Jean or myself please do so. We would like this info for planning purposes only.

That’s all I’ve got for now… I don’t know if the primary communication medium has changed but I am not seeing a lot of folks on the web sites…?

Old 11-03-2015, 10:39 AM   #15

Hello all. Event moving along as planned. Stand by for the next update coming soon! Best to all. Shorty sends...
Old 11-05-2015, 06:43 AM   #16

Hello fellow Green Eggers!!! I come to you all with hat in hand not asking for $$$ but asking for you to consider volunteering to double up with a fellow participant on Catoma Loop during GE&H VI... Seems that we have a hand full of folks that missed snagging a site on Catoma and are relegated to Antioch loop... Although nice and quite, these folks would like to be closer to the center of activities an that's understandable. If you can find it in your plans to share your site, I would be happy to connect you with them. Let me know if you can help and be on the look out for the next update which is forth coming. As a piece of "insider" information, all is well and moving along nicely. Best to all. Shorty sends...
Old 01-19-2016, 08:30 PM   #17

Name: Linda
Trailer: 2005 Bigfoot 25B21FB & 2006 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
Registry
Hello Shorty and Jean. As it stands now I am coming in on the Friday before, 3/11-3/20. I am on site 34. I will be glad to bring my fire pit again if you still need it. Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up.
LindaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #18

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaLee View Post
Hello Shorty and Jean. As it stands now I am coming in on the Friday before, 3/11-3/20. I am on site 34. I will be glad to bring my fire pit again if you still need it. Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up.
LindaLee GREAT! Look forward to seeing you. Thanks so much on vol'ing to bring the fire pit again. John and Kathy Roader have the wood delivery sewed up so we should be in biz! Thanks again.
Old 02-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #19

Name: Rachel
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Wisconsin
Hello! We are new Lil Snoozy owners and just found out about the Green Eggs rally in March, which will be our first rally ever! Since the Catoma Loop is full, do you recommend any particular sites in the Antioch loop that would be most convenient for the event? We are really excited to be attending! Thanks.
Rachel & Steve
Rachel P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #20

Hi Steve & Rachel. The Antioch loop is a nice one and there are probably at least 20 fiberglass trailers in there now. It is easy enough to come over to the Catoma loop to meet folks, etc. Please email me atborderbrae@aol.com when you have a site reserved. The rally has a god mix of newbies and old hands, lots of great people and friendships waiting to happen.
Jean Clark is offline   Reply With Quote