NC 2016, Oct 7-10: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-07-2016, 05:24 PM   #21

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Cancelling out of this one...
Old 04-09-2016, 05:39 AM   #22

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Sorry to hear your schedule will conflict with the rally this year. We look forward to having you in 2017!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #23

Name: Kelly
Trailer: '75 Trillium 1300
Arizona
I've never attended a rally before, but I've got two small kids (they'll be 2 and 4 at the time of this rally). Would it be something that would be appropriate to bring them to?
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 05:26 AM   #24

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
I've never attended a rally before, but I've got two small kids (they'll be 2 and 4 at the time of this rally). Would it be something that would be appropriate to bring them to?
If you children are like everyone else's, they will love the beach and all it offers.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:12 AM   #25

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly H View Post
Camp Hatteras is a family friendly resort. It has several amenities for children. As long as you're comfortable bringing your children on a camping vacation, your entire family is welcome. There's even a "Bark Park" if you have a dog.

A full list of the resort's amenities is linked here: Amenities | Camp Hatteras Resort © 2013
Old 06-14-2016, 07:55 PM   #26

NA
Stellar Preparations

While the Hatteras Team is continuing our relationship with last year's sponsors, we're currently drumming up potential, larger sponsors here in OBX as registration numbers grow.
In fact, we're stressing the Refer-A-Friend initiative even more, because with a couple more bookings, ALL registrants can get another 10% discount on nightly rates. Jump in the water for your chance of winning a free rally campsite.

Photo of the sunset this evening...
Attached Thumbnails
OBXrally.jpg  
Old 06-15-2016, 10:34 AM   #27

Name: Roy&Marti
Trailer: Casita 17' FD
Tennessee
I posted on Casita FB Page. Hopefully we'll see a couple sign up.

Marti
RoyMarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:07 PM   #28

Name: Cindy of Greg/Cindy
Trailer: 17' Lil Snoozy
Outer Banks
Look Forward to meeting y'all!

This will be our first rally! We're Outer Bankers so we have to attend - right!
If y'all have any questions about the area - just ask and we'll try to help!
Sept and Oct are our favorite times on the OBX - the water warms up, the days are warm and the nights pleasant, no humidity, the stores are having sales, we have our roads back and you can get into a restaurant!

I teach school and our schools are in session Monday, so we'll have to head home Sunday.
islandgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:16 PM   #29

NA
OBX News and Update

Eggshells in The Outer Banks has partnered with two businesses, Kitty Hawk Kites and Good Winds Restaurant, for the 2016 rally on Columbus Day Weekend. Both businesses are Beacon of Light Sponsors, the event’s highest level of sponsorship.

Kitty Hawk Kites is sponsoring the free campsite giveaway to the winner of the Refer A Friend initiative, and Good Winds Restaurant will cater a light breakfast for free to participants on Columbus Day Morning.

Other companies are also contributing to the rally’s 2nd annual event as participation numbers continue to grow.

Run Rigging Like A Sailor

The Kitty Hawk Kites Adventure Ropes Course at Waves Village Watersports Resort has just opened! This incredible new Outer Banks adventure is the first of it’s kind on Hatteras Island, and it’s less than a ˝ mile from our rally nest.
The unique tower creates a safe and interactive atmosphere that features 3 levels and 15 climbing elements that will challenge kids and adults, both mentally and physically.
This course is designed and manufactured by a worldwide leader in the industry, and is world renown for its highest quality and safety standards, as well as its unique design and can accommodate up to 20 participants.

You’ll find me on it!
Old 07-23-2016, 06:39 AM   #30

Pennsylvania
Registry
How does Pamlico Sound camping compare to ocean front? While there in the 70's we were eaten alive by the mosquitoes while in the sound but the ocean breezes seem to keep them away from the ocean side?
Old 07-23-2016, 08:48 AM   #31

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
How does Pamlico Sound camping compare to ocean front? While there in the 70's we were eaten alive by the mosquitoes while in the sound but the ocean breezes seem to keep them away from the ocean side?
Hi Jim,
Camp Hatteras is on a narrower strip of the island—with a sound front to oceanside property—so there's usually not too much drastic change in exposure/protection. Last October we had a predominate South-Southwest breeze, which was on the sound front side. No need for screened tents!

Although I can't control the weather or mozzies, the cooler, breezy weather can be more ideal than summer months. Often, it's the best time to go all year to OBX.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:58 PM   #32

NA
Hatterasity! Oct 6-8, 2016

Add the newest event to our rally weekend…

Bluegrass is coming to Hatteras Island, and it’s a weekend block party known as Hatterasity!, happening just down the road from our nest.

Inspired by the success of Manteo's annual Bluegrass Festival, typically held in September, this musical celebration will be held on Columbus Day Weekend in October and will feature a fantastic group of acclaimed musicians and bands.

The Frisco and Hatteras Volunteer Fire Departments will provide food and refreshments, and musicians and vendors will be in attendance—jamming from the Outer Banks area, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, the mountains of North Carolina, and beyond.

Weekend passes are available for the festivities, and music lovers can also purchase individual day tickets. Kids are welcome at the event, and children under 12 are admitted throughout the festival for free. Tickets can be purchased in advance, and Columbus Day Weekend visitors who want to stay up-to-date on the featured acts can check out the event's schedule online when it’s posted. Destined to be a foot-stomping good time, Hatterasity! is sure to become Hatteras Island's newest beloved annual festival, and we’ll be there to participate.

Hatterasity!
Hatteras Village Civic Center
56658 NC Highway 12, Hatteras, NC 27943

https://www.facebook.com/Hatterasity-114621662207099/
Old 09-02-2016, 03:30 PM   #33

NA
We’re about 5 weeks away from our Eggshell rally. Things are taking flight and coming together nicely. The Schedule of Events is now available to registered participants.

AND THE WINNER IS…
Dave and Linda from Boerne, TX, Congratulations! Through their efforts of referring friends to the rally, they won a free campsite. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word. The other people that were credited for referring friends will receive a great chance to win several door prizes.

Although the free campsite has been awarded, please don’t stop nudging friends into the nest with us. We’re less than 10 reservations away from getting another 10% discount on our campsite fee. This applies to EVERYONE booked for the rally!
Old 09-02-2016, 03:49 PM   #34

Pennsylvania
Registry
Hopefully the campground will still be there after this weekend......
Old 09-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #35

NA
Hi Jim,
No worries; we went through this last year too. A hurricane passed through OBX a week before the rally, and besides a few puddles of water on Hwy 12, you'd never know.
The Outer Banks is well-equipped to respond and the residents are a resilient bunch.

Keep the faith, because the location is worth it!
Old 09-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #36

Name: Butch
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
getting close, looking forward to our first rally. where do you find the schedule of events ? We're getting an early start as we usually spend our OBX trips in houses, first time in the Casita , cant wait. Safe travels, Butch
bookbinder52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 10:03 AM   #37

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder52 View Post
where do you find the schedule of events ?
Hi Butch and Jeanne,
Yes, the excitement is growing and I'm looking forward to it! I sent out an email a few weeks ago to all the participants with extra details and the schedule of events attached as a pdf file. It went to your gpo email. I'll resend it, and please email me if you don't get it on the second attempt.

I'm on the road attending rallies until next week, so please forgive the delay if I don't get back to you until then.
Old 09-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #38

Name: Butch
Trailer: Casita
Maryland
Thanks, i have received the info. probably ended up in the NSA spam corner...See you soon. Butch
bookbinder52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 11:14 AM   #39

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
New York
No communications!

Any way we can get the "extra details and schedule of events"? We have had no communications since our initial registration months ago.

Peter & Nancy Styer
Frewsburg, NY
PStyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:16 AM   #40

Name: Peter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PStyer View Post
Any way we can get the "extra details and schedule of events"? We have had no communications since our initial registration months ago.

Peter & Nancy Styer
Frewsburg, NY

Thanks! Received through private email account.
Peter
PStyer is offline   Reply With Quote