IL 2016, Sept 30-Oct 2: Mississippi River Fiberglass Rally - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2016, 05:55 AM   #21

Name: David
Trailer: 2008 OutBack 13ft., Camp Inn 560
Illinois
The thing is this gathering was organized by the same couple that had done it the 8 years previous. they had a master list of everyone that was preregistered and prepaid through the reservation system. They were sitting around the camp fire when the ranger showed up and tried to explain that to him. But that was not good enough for him. The people had to go get their little tag for the post right now. He could not just leave it by saying "please make sure they come up first thing in the morning and get registered at the shack". No he had to make a big over blown deal out of it.
I understand they have a job to do, but to handle it in the unprofessional manner with the chip on his shoulder that he did was way out of line.
Maybe he and the campground hosts (they get a free site, maybe they should just pay for a site instead) should get jobs where they don't have to deal with people.
David O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #22

Name: Betsy
Trailer: dreaming. . .
Illinois
Joining you all. . .

Hi Paul and All,

I'm Betsy and my friend Steve and I will be joining you for the weekend. We're very interested in Escapes and hope to make RVing a big part of our retirement plan someday soon! Hope some of you will be willing to
show us the Escapes--also have been intrigued with having a dry bath like the RPods offer.

You all sound like fun group.

Tenters for now,
Betsy & Steve
RosaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:18 PM   #23

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Mississippi River Rendezvous

You'll be able to tour several trailers at this rally. In addition you can take lots of photos. Interview owners and compare more than one brand of trailer with others. At The Niagara Rally, there were many prospective fiberglass owners during the trailer tours.
We will see you there.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #24

Trailer: Escape 19 ft 2010
Registry
I just checked and the four loops of the campground are near filled. It looks like the Rendezvous attendees will have a lot of company. There still are some convenient spots available for overnight stays or you are welcome to join us during the day at any time. Tours are available on Saturday from 12 noon to 3:00, followed by a happy hour and a potluck. You are welcome for any or all events.
Paul Braun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:02 AM   #25

Registry
The Planned Activities for the rally have been published. If you did not receive an email with the agenda please send me a personal message with your email address and I will forward them to you.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #26

Sadly, we just cancelled our spot for the rally (#103). We plan to visit on Saturday but cannot do the whole weekend at this time.

Sent from my XT1585 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #27

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
Flooding is expected this week along the Mississippi at Iowa/Illlinois. It is quite possible that this campground will be closed. Paul is looking at the options.
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:34 PM   #28

Registry
Mississippi River Flood

We have received word from our man on the ground, RedDog, that Thomson Causeway campground will close tomorrow (Tuesday) due to flooding on the Mississippi River. Because of this we have implemented Plan B and will be moving the rally 45 minutes west to Pine Grove campground in Scott County Parks in Eldridge Iowa.

This is a very nice county park with five campgrounds. The park does not accept reservations but contains 310 sites with 37 in Pine Grove. Today that campground is empty but by the weekend it will fill with fiberglass RV's. We choose Pine Grove because it is the only campground with electric sites, the others have water and/or sewer thus making them more popular.

The address for the park is 18850 270th St in Eldridge IA. Since the park does not accept reservations there no need for you to do anything other than put in a different address into your GPS. I assume there will be some refund system from Thomson Causeway, if anyone finds anything regarding that let us know.

The park and campground has a locked gate system after 10:00 PM. The method to register is to proceed to your campsite, drop your trailer or set up and then return to the contact station to register. In speaking with the contact station they state that you should arrive by 9:30 PM to complete that process.

We have secured a pavilion with electricity so the pot luck dinner remains in the plans. The Lug Nuts Contest will proceed as planned.

RedDog is making the drive from Thomson River to Pine Grove as I write this, expect a report from him after his return.

We will keep you abreast as more details become available. Here are some park links if you would like more information on the facility.

Scott County Parks

Park Map
Old 09-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #29

Registry
A member from one of the other forums is camping tonight at Scott County Park - Pine Grove Campground. Here is what he has to say:

"We arrived at Scott County Park for a one night preliminary visit before going to Des Moines to spend a couple days with my brother. Very well kept park, and fairly large. As Paul mentioned, Pine Grove is the electric only section, another has water and electric, and a third has all three. Ours is the most wooded with only two other campers plus the host. Big rigs were at the section with all three amenities. Pine Grove has a single water supply that is threaded for a hose but we have our own and you might want to bring your own water since there was a water quality notice at check-in. Price is $20 with a dollar less if age 62.
Good call to suggest this park. Don't forget to cancel Thomson Causeway at recreation.gov

Bill "

RedDog was also at the park this afternoon doing a scouting trip since he will be moving their tomorrow after Thomson Causeway closes. His comment was "this was one of the nicest county parks he has ever visited".
Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #30

Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
USA
Hello! My husband and I are planning to come this weekend with our Hunter. We've been to a couple other rallies but not this one yet. It sounds like fun! We're excited to meet everyone!

Julie & Dan

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #31

Name: Julie
Trailer: Hunter
USA
For anyone driving in on Hwy 30 from the east...Scott Park Rd/Veterans Way/285th Ave just closed south of 30 for flooding. You have to take Hwy 61.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
juliep1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:11 PM   #32

Name: Steve
Trailer: Four wheel camper
Illinois
Rally in IL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Braun View Post
The Planned Activities for the rally have been published. If you did not receive an email with the agenda please send me a personal message with your email address and I will forward them to you.
Hi, I was planning to visit the rally on Saturday but saw that the camp ground has been closed from September 29-Oct 11. Did the rally get changed to another campground?
Steve M In IL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 03:51 PM   #33

See post #28 for the new rally site.

Sent from my XT1585 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
tash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally