OR 2017, Apr 27-30: Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-04-2017, 08:49 PM   #21

Name: Bill & Pam
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 17.5
Washington
Cancellation

Sadly, Pam and I had to cancel our Beverly Beach reservation. We were in site D02.
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:02 PM   #22

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Marilyn If your avatar is a photo of your rescue dog it is certainly the most unusual "dog" I have ever seen. Look forward to seeing you both at the gathering. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #23

Name: Carol
Trailer: Casita
Oregon
Carol and Mike Rea (seniors in age) are coming in a 13 foot Casita with a 2 1/2 year old Welsh corgi and a 9 month old Welsh corgi! Silly (stupid?) us!
Carol corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 11:34 AM   #24

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I've updated the participants list and map: 2017 Spring NOG - Northern Oregon Gathering - Apr. 27-30

THE Schedule of Events such as it is... This is the Spring NOG. While it's referred to as the Northern Oregon Gathering, I kinda prefer Not Organized Gathering.

Daytime hours are completely unscheduled. Feel free to do what you wish. Sleep in, look for shells on the beach, hike, go to town, play cards, sit-and-visit, etc., etc. As far as trailer tours, nothing scheduled for that either. If you see folks sitting outside, stop and chat and ask to see their trailer. I've found most folks have an informal open house.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING/WEAR A NAME TAG. I have a few items for the give away. If you have something you'd like to bring to give away Saturday night, that would be great. Anything trailer and/or camping is encouraged. You must be wearing a name tag to win! I'd really like to see everyone wear a name tag all weekend. I'm meeting some of you for the first time. Help me to remember your name, please.

FRIDAY NIGHT NO-HOST DINNER-ON-A-STICK: The roasting fire will be going at the meeting hall. I've reserved a fire pit from the park, they'll deliver it to us there. There are picnic tables for our use too. You may want to bring a chair though. This is not a potluck, bring everything you need, including your roasting stick. Fire will be roaring in the fire pit, come by anytime after 6:00pm.

The fun/funny stuff:

CRAFT BEER EXCHANGE
7PM SHARP
FRIDAY NIGHT

This is an "opener" event.
Bring a six pack of craft beer, trade one bottle or can for a different kind.

Everyone is welcome at anytime to anything. If you're not a beer drinker that's perfectly okay. Please join us. Beer/food is secondary to the good times we'll have around the fire pit.

SATURDAY NIGHT POTLUCK: Serving of food will start SHARPLY at 6pm. Come a few minutes early to get your food on the table before serving starts. Bring an appetizer, entrée, salad or dessert to share that feeds 6-10 people and your table service.

For the two events at the meeting hall/yurt, you may want to bring your lawn chair. Sitting outside by the fire pit is always preferable to being inside if the weather is dry and it's not windy.

The meeting hall/yurt will accommodate more people if we don't set up the tables for other than serving the food. Plan on using your lap as your table for eating! I'm also going to discourage small folding tables. According to the park, this venue will hold 50 people. We have more than that coming to the NOG. Lets try to fit all the people in that want to participate. I feel certain we won't have an issue if we don't setup a bunch of tables. We'll play it by ear!

There's a public parking lot adjacent to the meeting hall/yurt. Car pooling is encouraged.

Please, no pets at any of the food events

I'll post the most current weather prediction for the weekend on Wednesday, April 26. But plan for for any kind of weather. Over the years we've seen it all!

Hope this helps with some questions. Post if not, we'll get the question answered.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #25

Name: M
Trailer: Formerly Scamp
Oregon
Talking Avatar "kitty"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
Marilyn If your avatar is a photo of your rescue dog it is certainly the most unusual "dog" I have ever seen. Look forward to seeing you both at the gathering. Lee
Lee, my avatar is a cute lion cub I photographed at dawn with a pride of lionness's with cubs in Tembe Elephant Park, S. Africa.
See you at the Beverly Beach gathering.
Ttocs M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:48 PM   #26

Trailer: 1974 Compact II
Send a message via AIM to Chuck H
Cancellation

Just had to cancel our reservation for Beverly Beach site B-16 from 4/26 to 5/1. Hope to see everyone down the road!
Chuck H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #27

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
For those of you not familiar with the Newport area, here are some things to see and do:

Newport, OR | Travel Oregon

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 09:21 PM   #28

Name: Cori
Trailer: Scamp
Oregon
I bought a 13' 1985 Scamp today and decided to join in this fun sounding gathering! Hoping to make some friends and get some guidance, as I'm a total newbie to owning an RV and to fiberglass trailers!!!
We'll be in G22. I'm the purple haired single Mom with two little girls, 6 & 4, and we might have a French bulldog along as well.
OregonCori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 08:04 PM   #29

Name: Janet
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
Hi Donna - I don't think our names are on the list... We are: Tom and Janet (Portland, OR) 2016 - 19 foot Escape Trailer staying in C11.
Tom and Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:01 AM   #30

Name: jeff
Trailer: 84 16' Casita
Oregon
If some one needs to cancel pm me. I would be interested in your spot.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Jeff in OC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 05:41 AM   #31

Leaving for Spring NOG in a few hours. This is the latest weather prediction for the Newport area. WOOOOHOOOO!

Safe travels everyone
Attached Thumbnails
Weather.JPG  
Old 04-26-2017, 06:42 AM   #32

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, Donna,
We had to cancel. We pm'd Jeff in OC in case he was interested.
Our reservations were to start Thursday.

Health and family issues. Wishing you all a wonderful time--weather sounds like it might cooperate--at least some of the time!

BESt
Kai & Paul
Old 04-30-2017, 08:48 PM   #33

Spring NOG has to come to a close. What a great time I had! Thanks to all for helping me make a memory.

Thanks too for all that stepped up and helped with the activities. From building a fire for the Dinner or a Stick Night, to setting up tables and chairs and facilitating the potluck... to cleaning the meeting hall after the potluck Saturday night. Everyone and everything you did is very much appreciated. I love people who volunteer!

Those that packed extra Sun in your trailers... THAT was great. The weather was very nice. Some wind, some rain... and some sun! Could hardly get much better at the Oregon Coast in April.

The stats: Participants came from British Columbia, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Montana, Idaho, and California.

There were:
4 Bigfoot
1 Burro
20 Casita
11 Escape
5 Scamp
1 Surf Side
1 Boler
1 Trails West
2 Compact

We had trailers from 1968 (Boler) to 2017 (Escape). 49 years of fun!

We'll see some of you at the Fall NOG in October at Silver Falls State Park. To the rest, safe travels and we'll catch you some other time.

Old 05-01-2017, 10:26 AM   #34

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Anybody take pictures? We want pictures!
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 10:54 AM   #35

I don't take photos, my bad. These are a few that others took.

Friday night Dinner on a Stick:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DinnerOnAStick-01.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	105546

Name:	DinnerOnAStick-02.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	105547

Saturday potluck in the meeting hall:

Name:	MeetingHall-01.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	105548

Name:	MeetingHall-02.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	105549

Thursday night sunset. Through the bridge... is the ocean.

Name:	SunSet-01.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	105550

Fossils embedded in the bank. This photo was taken just to the left of the sunset bridge photo above. There are a LOT of fossils in the bank.

Name:	Fossil-01.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	105551

Campground

Name:	Camp-01.jpg
Size:	281.2 KB
ID:	105552

Name:	Tree-01.jpg
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	105553
Old 05-02-2017, 07:39 AM   #36

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Thanks for organizing once again, Donna. It's always worth the drive for me to come down and camp with such a great group of people! See you all next year. (And if anyone cancels for Silver Falls - let me know... I'll take your spot!)
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote