NY 2017, Aug.18-20: 3rd annual NE Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2017, 09:03 PM   #61

Name: Jude
Trailer: Casita
Connecticut
Rally August 18-20

Thank you, Frank, for asking that question. We are the wannabes and we hope that you get some last minute sign ups. If not, we will continue to look for other ways to check out FG campers.
I see that you have a Parkliner. I thought it interesting that I received an email from Parkliner yesterday (I have been going back and forth asking them questions) saying that they will soon be transitioning
from "factory direct only sales" to purchase options from a national dealer body. Supposedly, the dealerships will also be offering competitive financing options. They ended saying that within the next 60 days the transition would be completed. Your thoughts?
Thanks.
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:16 AM   #62

Name: Henry
Maine
Morning Frank...we are planning on coming (signed up quite a while ago). Where do we find the registration form? We haven't heard any details and it is not posted on the Rally Calendar...so we were concerned it had been canceled.
Thanks!
hbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #63

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude View Post
Thank you, Frank, for asking that question. We are the wannabes and we hope that you get some last minute sign ups. If not, we will continue to look for other ways to check out FG campers.
I see that you have a Parkliner. I thought it interesting that I received an email from Parkliner yesterday (I have been going back and forth asking them questions) saying that they will soon be transitioning
from "factory direct only sales" to purchase options from a national dealer body. Supposedly, the dealerships will also be offering competitive financing options. They ended saying that within the next 60 days the transition would be completed. Your thoughts?
Thanks.
We did an amazing amount of research when we were deciding to get a new trailer. Through this research and this forum, we decided on an egg. Then it was more decisions. Which one? Without going into a great amount of detail, and given what we had for a tow vehicle, we picked the Parkliner. For us, it was better than any similar Casita or Scamp, though there really aren't any exactly similar. The Parkliner offered a queen size bed in the back and a toilet/shower up front. A decent sized small kitchen and dinette, and a bunk bed option if you have children. An incredible amount of overhead storage.
Plus a 6' plus tall person could stand up inside. Also, the one we ended up getting was slightly used, but had about every possible option, including their magic table, converting the queen size bed into a social setting around which 10 or 12 people can sit.

Now having said that, we're about to retire. We're probably going to sell the Parkliner in the Spring, buy a pickup and get a larger trailer for travel during retirement. What truck and what trailer is an open question right now, one that we will figure out over the next year! There's plenty of choices for both.

Gail and I will be at the rally. It's my brother's place, and an opportunity to see them, go for boat rides, and get our kayaks out. Plus, John and Nancy know how to put on rallies. They do them for motor home groups all the time. We are both looking forward to it.

Good luck with your decision. Anything I can help with let me know.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 06:50 AM   #64

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbohm View Post
Morning Frank...we are planning on coming (signed up quite a while ago). Where do we find the registration form? We haven't heard any details and it is not posted on the Rally Calendar...so we were concerned it had been canceled.
Thanks!
Good morning Henry. The rally has not been cancelled, if it was, I would have posted it. It's going on, no matter how many show up!

I thought when I posted a rally, it would get on the Rally Calendar somehow. Seems to me it has in the past. I guess it doesn't and I'll have to figure that out like today!

The registration form is at Post #28 in this thread. Be aware the date on the form is old and not correct. The rally is Friday, August 18 (if you want to come in early) through Sunday the 20th.

Looking forward to seeing you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-10-2017, 07:32 AM   #65

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I really enjoyed this rally the year I attended and am very disappointed I can't make it this year due to an unavoidable conflict. I'll be on the way out to British Columbia to pick up my new Escape and deliver my wonderful Bigfoot to a prearranged buyer. I hope it goes well on the Hudson and hope I can join in next year.

Walt
Old 08-10-2017, 07:44 AM   #66

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I really enjoyed this rally the year I attended and am very disappointed I can't make it this year due to an unavoidable conflict. I'll be on the way out to British Columbia to pick up my new Escape and deliver my wonderful Bigfoot to a prearranged buyer. I hope it goes well on the Hudson and hope I can join in next year.

Walt
Yup, too bad Walt. It was sure great meeting you and having you attend. Good luck with your new Escape!

Maybe next year!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-13-2017, 12:56 PM   #67

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Is anybody coming to this rally? It would be good to know, as we have folks coming who do not have an egg yet and wanted to look at different models, and I have a son and daughter-in-law coming for the weekend to camp out.

Should I just cancel?

Frank
Hi, Frank my wife and i are attending we will have an Escape 21. Plan on showing up next Thursday. If you cancel just let me know.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #68

New York
That's great John! See you probably Friday night. I'll let John and Nancy know you're coming in Thursday.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-16-2017, 07:12 AM   #69

Name: Henry
Maine
Hi Frank...Thanks for the info! We are definitely coming...planning on arriving Friday. I just got off phone with Nancy Alguire to register.
See you Friday!
hbohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:16 AM   #70

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbohm View Post
Hi Frank...Thanks for the info! We are definitely coming...planning on arriving Friday. I just got off phone with Nancy Alguire to register.
See you Friday!
Excellent! Looking forward to seeing you! The more the merrier.

We should be there Friday before dinnertime.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #71

New York
Looks like a great weekend weather-wise!

While tomorrow promises to be somewhat of a washout, with scattered showers through the day and a few thunderstorms here and there, Saturday should dawn clear, though muggy, partly sunny through the day, and Sunday even nicer. High in the low 80's lows in the mid 60's. Perfect weather for the NE in August!

Come one, come all!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-19-2017, 06:18 AM   #72

New York
We're on our way up this morning. Too rainy last night to load up. Kathy is there in her Boler, John and Irene in their new double axle Escape, and Brian and Linda pulled in last night with their big Casita. Our Parkliner will be joining the fun soon!

We did run up for dinner last night. John and Nancy do a great job as always. Hot dogs, great hamburgers, fried onions, toasted rolls, coleslaw. Wonderful camp food. Then an ice cream social after dinner.

This morning breakfast is at 8:30, then after clean up, everybody joins John and Nancy for a ride on their big pontoon boat up through the Hudson River locks, a 2 or 3 hour jaunt on what promises to be a beautiful day.

Come join us.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-19-2017, 06:47 AM   #73

Name: Jude
Connecticut
Hi Frank:
We are just leaving CT. See you all around noon. Looking forward to it!
Jude & Ed
Jude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:54 AM   #74

New York
Excellent! We are on our way in a few minutes and will beat you there! Ha!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #75

New York
As it turned out, we had 5 eggs, including ours. Two new ones too! Anthoni and Karen from CT with a brand new Scamp 13, and John and Arlene from somewhere in NY with a brand new double axle Escape. Taking the historical award was Kathy from the Adirondacks with an old restored Boler. New addition to the egg world was Henry and Linda with a big Casita pulled by their 4 door 1 ton pickup they use to haul their 26' 5th wheel.

The hosts were my brother John and sister-in-law Nancy.
Attached Thumbnails
ourhostjohnalguire.JPG   nancycooking.JPG  

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-20-2017, 04:06 PM   #76

New York
We had some great meals. Hot dogs and hamburgs Friday night, followed by an ice cream social, then lobster and steak Saturday night, followed by banana splits!
Attached Thumbnails
bananasplits.JPG   lobstersteak.JPG  

sundaybfast.JPG   5eggs.JPG  

2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #77

Name: Germaine
Trailer: casita
Arizona
So sad I had to miss it. I don't drive the tow vehicle and my husband had to work. Hopefully next year
njcasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 05:48 AM   #78

Name: Karen M
Trailer: Scamp
Connecticut
Happy Campers at Hudson River Rally

Hudson River Rally this past weekend was our very first, and it will be very hard to beat! Fantastic, over-the-top hosts John and Nancy Alguire could not have been more welcoming, friendly, helpful, or fun. The food provided was amazing, and Captain Nancy's guided boat tour was great. These guys truly enjoy hosting, and it shows.
We met some excellent, like-minded "egg beaters" who we hope to see again. It was really fun to get tours of everyone's rigs and swap stories and ideas.
We will definitely be attending as many of these as we can in the future, this was such a wonderful introduction.
Thanks again to John and Nancy, we will see you next year, and hopefully somewhere in between.
Old 08-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #79

New York
There were two pontoon boat trips Saturday down through the locks in Cohoes, then some folks got out in kayaks, others visited family and/or friends in the area. Saturday night was surf and turf (lobster and steak) with all the trimmings, banana splits for desert and then a campfire down by the river. Sunday morning was eggs, sausage, french toast, fruit bowl, and coffee. For those interested, Nancy took them on the pontoon boat down through the locks to Troy's famous Sunday Farmer's Market.

Everyone enjoyed the weekend.

Next year John and Arleen Heck will be co-hosts. They are wonderful folk, and will do a great job.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 08-23-2017, 06:30 AM   #80

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Small Rally but a GREAT TIME

A big thank you to John and Nancy Alguire for hosting this rally and to Frank and Gail our co-hosts. We all had a great time and are all ready looking forward to next year. Frank has done a good write up already so I am just going to post a few pictures.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0020.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	413.4 KB
ID:	110575 first trailer is Kathy's Boler B 1300

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0046.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	362.9 KB
ID:	110576. Anthony and Karen's Scamp 13 from CONNECTICUT.

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	110577. Henry and Linda's Casita from Maine.

Name:	IMG_0048.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	292.8 KB
ID:	110578 and Frank and Gail's Parkliner.
And it seems the only one missing from my picture roll is my 2016 Escape 21. Oh well next time. It can be seen from one of Franks pictures.
Jake930 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally