WA 2017, June 2-4: Washington Gathering (WAG) Taidnapam - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #21

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Okay. I'd like to have a Puget Sound Gathering. Will do a bit of checking around and get on it.

Kai
Old 10-03-2016, 12:21 PM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Mary Hill means a lot of people have to fight the traffic jams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casita Greg View Post
Sounds like you have the lead on this one Kai. Another "more local" event would probably find a following, since there are many F/G owners here in the Puget Sound area. Good project for you to spearhead.

And I just wanted to add that, although this is the only WA NOG, there is also another get-together that PaulW hosts each Spring at Maryhill near the Columbia River, (south of Yakima). I know that you already know about this one Kai, but I just mention it for any others who may not have heard of it. Due to the limited number of sites available at Maryhill, this get-together fills up very quickly.
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...may-76224.html
Greg
: on I5 from Everette to Tacoma and unless you have never been in them of late have fun, because that is where most of the meet will be held.
Why not that big campground in the fall say right about now or maybe end of Sept. in Oak Harbour, WA one can drive there and I know most of you know the back roads to get there.
Or even Lynden after the Lynden meet is over? There must be a thousand places one can hold a nice FG meet in Washington before Seattle.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:34 PM   #23

Registry
Hi, Stude--I agree that later in September would be a good time. Not yet totally cold and rainy. We just spent some nights at the Pacific Beach State Park...late Sept. still a nice time of year even at the coast. The afternoon winds were a bit chilly.

You're meaning north of Seattle, right? I hear you about the traffic jams. Maryhill isn't close to Seattle. In mileage, it'd be about as near Seattle as Salem, Oregon.

Oak Harbor, eh? Will have a look.

Lynden after the rally...the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer club has to pay the fairgrounds for the use. It's worth a check, at least. But you could come to that vintage rally anyway, it's open to all. There were a number of "us" there, so why not just attend that if you can? There's electricity if you like, and water is available (not directly into your trailer, however), and there was MORE than enough room for way more trailers than they had...little shade, but by Sept. it wasn't too hot.

In fact, those of us in the FGRV world could "rally" in the back part of the fairgrounds if we liked and make our own part of that get-together! That's not the worst idea on earth...just circle our wagons as it were.

Will dig out a big map and begin the search.

Putting all ideas on the table for now. THANKS!

l
Old 10-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #24

British Columbia
I'm not sure they would want a rather large lumbering MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Hi, Stude--I agree that later in September would be a good time. Not yet totally cold and rainy. We just spent some nights at the Pacific Beach State Park...late Sept. still a nice time of year even at the coast. The afternoon winds were a bit chilly.

You're meaning north of Seattle, right? I hear you about the traffic jams. Maryhill isn't close to Seattle. In mileage, it'd be about as near Seattle as Salem, Oregon.

Lynden after the rally...the Mt Baker Vintage Trailer club has to pay the fairgrounds for the use. It's worth a check, at least. But you could come to that vintage rally anyway, it's open to all. There were a number of "us" there, so why not just attend that if you can? There's electricity if you like, and water is available (not directly into your trailer, however), and there was MORE than enough room for way more trailers than they had...little shade, but by Sept. it wasn't too hot.

In fact, those of us in the FGRV world could "rally" in the back part of the fairgrounds if we liked and make our own part of that get-together! That's not the worst idea on earth...just circle our wagons as it were.

l
: at the Lynden meet, though my friend was there with his 22' Argosy Trailer he just bought for cheap, I helped him figure it all out and where everything was as he is now in his mid 80's but has a rather youngish lady he keeps him in check.
Oak Harbour has a City campground and is in a nice location with the town right at your feet for doing something and lots of places in the area to do things at. I discovered the are due to a fellow we knew through Studebakers who worked on the Base on Whidbey Island. There is the Keystone Ferry campground and all kinds of other places in that general area. I would mention Port Townsend but you have to get just passed Tacoma and turn right to get to Bremerton area then turn right again and go north. What about Gig Harbour there must be a back door there and not have to take an expensive ferry ride. There was a time way back when we slept on the ground we travelled all through these places and fell in love with them as we only got 2 weeks holiday. Then there is around the base of Mount Baker with places. I know there are a lot of FGRV people who live in all these fantastic areas but I think they are afraid to tell the rest of us about how nice and uncrowded they are.
Stude
Old 10-03-2016, 07:17 PM   #25

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:

l
Deception Pass is the largest but also fills up fast. It may be an option in September. They also have a group camp. I don't remember the capacity.

Ebey State Park also has a group site that is up a nor row road but I took ac35' class A up there. Again, I don't remember the capacity.

I believe either group camp would mean boondocking.

Washington Park in Anacortes is a nice park as well.

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:38 AM   #26

British Columbia
I so wanted to go to the Lynden show and I showed as u well know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
Deception Pass is the largest but also fills up fast. It may be an option in September. They also have a group camp. I don't remember the capacity.

Ebey State Park also has a group site that is up a nor row road but I took ac35' class A up there. Again, I don't remember the capacity.

I believe either group camp would mean boondocking.

Washington Park in Anacortes is a nice park as well.

2008 Honda Ridgeline
: but I had a real tough time trying to stay upright, found some friends with seating in their Argosy Trailer and spent about 2 hours with them, so wobbly and loony from the Vertigo we left early and went home, I slept the whole way home.
Well be there next year with open arms maybe bring motor home in and camp for weekend maybe 2 days before and 2 days after just pay the camp fees as they have it all to hook up to.
Sure was a group of them there this year and a bunch of friends with their studebakers.
Stude
Old 10-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #27

Registry
Right now we're OK with no water or sewer hookups, but we sure do want the electricity. Not up to boondocking where or when the nights are apt to be below 65 degrees. Though we've boondocked by running an extension to someone else's rig--but someone would have to be willing and it's to run our ceramic heater--a fairly high draw.
Old 10-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #28

Registry
Group camp at Deception Pass has no electricity or other utilities. Boondocking. Or as some call it, dry camping. Otherwise the park sounds super.

A city park in Oak Harbor--that sounds interesting if it's not terribly crowded or expensive.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:02 PM   #29

Quote:
Group camp at Deception Pass has no electricity or other utilities. Boondocking. Or as some call it, dry camping. Otherwise the park sounds super.

A city park in Oak Harbor--that sounds interesting if it's not terribly crowded or expensive.
As I recall, it's not too expensive. The roads through the campsites are pretty narrow but that shouldn't bother most of us. Some friends took their class A there and made it all right but felt it was tight. The campsites are heavily wooded with space in between each, I've driven through some time ago but have not camped there.

2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 10-04-2016, 05:03 PM   #30

We might see if the administration can separate this from the Taidnapam tgread.

2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 10-04-2016, 10:29 PM   #31

British Columbia
The Coldest we ever spent a night was in our old 63, 3/4 ton

Quote:

:Studebaker Truck I had built a raised bed and it got to be a long day driving back from somewhere and I said to My wife Judy we have to pull over, I'm falling asleep were about 10 min. up the road from Manning Park lets pull in there for the night. We parked and crawled into the back but when in back checked the Thermostat which read 18*F, all I can tell u it was cold. Thankfully we packed the winter down comforter and another fuzzy warm blanket, we crawled in with clothing left on as just as cold under the blankets, as we did not have a power source could not use the heater etc. I slept until I could not any longer and I Had to go find a Biffy or the great outdoors, Judy just slep right on, while I almost killed myself getting out the back of the truck, closed the door behind me. I started looking for the old Outhouse's they had here at one time, no luck but I scared the hell out of some deer hiding in amongst the trees or should I say they caused me to spill a bit but I got done just the same and headed back to the Truck, damn door had frozen tight and I could not it open so I went into the cab of the truck and started the engine to warm up took about 15 min before getting warm turned the lights on and there were those deer again I think they wanted to join my in the cab as the heat was working. I looked at the fenders and the ice on them was about 1" thick. I got warm then turned the truck off and found something to pry the rear door open and got back in but only slept to 5AM, I woke Judy up and said we have to hit the road for Hope, BC where we can get a warm cup of tea or coffee she agreed with me.
By the time we got to Hope the ice was gone as must of dropped a few thousand feet and I said I never want to camp in the cold again unless we have heat. You would never believe this we did do it again when we broke down and needed daylight to see the fix. Oh it was cold out. But 119*F can be just as bad.
Stude
Old 10-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
We might see if the administration can separate this from the Taidnapam tgread.

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Good point. We need to start a new thread, which I'll do now.

Kai

PS, for the Oak Harbor city park, if it's "Sail-something," as of July 2016 its site says it's been closed for three years due to construction nearby.
Old 10-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #33

Quote:

Kai

PS, for the Oak Harbor city park, if it's "Sail-something," as of July 2016 its site says it's been closed for three years due to construction nearby.
Parts of it are closed because of a new sewer plant. It's a great location for some things but probably not suitable for our needs.

Oops. Going to reply to the othervthread.

2008 Honda Ridgeline
Old 10-05-2016, 01:17 PM   #34

British Columbia
Judy and I should make a trip down the road to the USA

[QUOTE=Kai in Seattle;611968]Good point. We need to start a new thread, which I'll do now.

Kai

PS, for the Oak Harbor city park, if it's "Sail-something," as of July 2016 its site says it's been closed for three years due to construction nearby. [/QUOTE:check out Deception Pass and then on to Oak Harbor to see what happened to that nice campground there. Then further down to the Ferry to Port Townsend Because I think there is another fairly large campground beside Ferry, right on the water. I just have to get rid of the Vertigo before doing a trip like that.
Stude
Old 10-09-2016, 11:04 PM   #35

Name: Alan & Barb
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Registry
Barb and Alan will be at Taidnapam June 1-4 in site 249. Woohoo!!!
Barb and Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #36

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
Kim & Luanna are signed up in site 275!!
Old 01-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #37

Name: Kim & Luanna
Trailer: 2010 17Casita SD
Washington
Registry
Just bringing this up to the top. Make your reservations at Tacoma Power for this very informal Washington gathering of any and all fiberglass RV campers!!
Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #38

I just reserved site 22 for June 2-4.

Dave & Karen
Sonie the German Shepard.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #39

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
John & Lisa Gillham
Site 266 see ya Friday.
John Gillham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 05:16 AM   #40

British Columbia
Doesn't look like well be going as were in the middle of selling house

[QUOTE=stude;611977]
Quote:

Kai

PS, for the Oak Harbor city park, if it's "Sail-something," as of July 2016 its site says it's been closed for three years due to construction nearby. [/QUOTE:check out Deception Pass and then on to Oak Harbor to see what happened to that nice campground there. Then further down to the Ferry to Port Townsend Because I think there is another fairly large campground beside Ferry, right on the water. I just have to get rid of the Vertigo before doing a trip like that.
Stude
: and if it is sold and we cannot stay longer here then well be moving around the same time.
Is anyone heading for Alaska this spring/summer via Alberta as well be at Family reunion in Standard AB weekend of July 21/23 then leave from there to Edmonton then head up from there to Yukon.
Stude