NH 2017, May 11-14: Spring Fling New England Rally - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #61

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Unfortunately the campground has dropped the ball in given me a number of people who will be attend the Spring Fling in New England on May 11 - 14.
I got a "he-said-she-said" answer of I "think" 30 sites sold....So
Myself and a few others would like to know how many campers are to attend the Pot-Luck dinner so we can know how much food will be needed.
Remember I will be supplying and cooking BBQ chicken.
Please send me a personal message letting me know how many campers will attend the meal.
Thanks
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #62

Name: Bob & Pat
Trailer: Casita 16 LD
Maine
Hi Gerry. Late to the rally, but called for reservations today and have not heard back from the camp ground yet. Hope to be there Fri - Sunday with 16 Casita. We are from Mt. Desert, Maine. Bob & Pat
oldcars.acadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 06:29 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldcars.acadia View Post
Hi Gerry. Late to the rally, but called for reservations today and have not heard back from the camp ground yet. Hope to be there Fri - Sunday with 16 Casita. We are from Mt. Desert, Maine. Bob & Pat
Bob & Pat, you may have better luck booking reservation going through the web site;
Info at Info @ Chocorua Camping Village KOA / Greetings!
I know the office has only a staff of 1 this time of year and it's hit or miss in the office.
Let me know how you make out.

Trying to get head count of all who are going to attend the Pot-Luck BBQ so I know how much chicken I need to buy.
To All who are going to attend, Please let me know via PM or E-mail.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:38 AM   #64

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Starcraft
Vermont
I just noticed this, I'm about three hours away. I don't know if I can get the time off or whether or not my 12 year old popup is up for another trip. I might just ride the motorcycle out on Saturday if I can get the day off for the Show and Shine.
kpinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:32 PM   #65

Kevin I will make sure anyone who say they are associated with the Spring Fling Rally gets in with no charge if just coming in for the day as my guest.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:44 AM   #66

Little more then 8 more weeks to go till the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Didn't get much response to the request for a head count for the Pot Luck supper on Friday so may have to just go around Friday morning with a check list so I can buy and cook enough of my award winning BBQ Chicken
Predicting 18 inches of snow for Wed.. I was hopping to get my Boler out next week but this may put the kybosh on that.
9 more weeks.............can't wait.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM   #67

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Put mine back in mothballs this afternoon, with 18" of snow coming tomorrow I won't be using it again for a while.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #68

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I'll be baking a couple of Blueberry Pies...
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:46 PM   #69

yummy Jon Blueberry pie and Bob & Deb bringing Mothballs...oven baked or roasted?
Old 03-15-2017, 11:08 AM   #70

Name: Koren
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Spring Fling

Hi all,

We (husband and I) are all set at site B12 for the Spring Fling - our first every rally - and in our '99 Scamp 16'!

Looking forward to meeting you all!

-Koren and Jeff Whipp
mswhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 11:45 AM   #71

Great you can make it Koren and Jeff. Will you be going to the Pot-Luck dinner on Friday?
Only about 8 weeks so let's hope we do not get any more of this white stuff.
Old 03-16-2017, 12:22 PM   #72

Name: Koren
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Great you can make it Koren and Jeff. Will you be going to the Pot-Luck dinner on Friday?
Only about 8 weeks so let's hope we do not get any more of this white stuff.
Yes Gerry I sent you a PM about the potluck. SO sick of the white stuff! Thank goodness the Scamp has a great heater, just in case!
mswhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 05:47 AM   #73

Name: Bob
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA
W. Mass
Pot Luck

MOTH BALL CANDY

2 cups chopped hazelnuts
1 cup powdered sugar
3 egg whites
36 whole hazelnuts
powdered sugar for coating

Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.

Place chopped hazelnuts in food processor with sugar and pulse until finely ground.

Lightly beat egg whites by hand. Slowly add ground hazelnut mixture and mix into workable dough. Dough should be moist but workable. Take a heaping teaspoonful of dough and roll into a ball. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Press a whole hazelnut into each cookie.

Bake abouit 30 minutes or until golden and firm. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:17 PM   #74

Sounds yummy, is this something you'll be bringing to the pot luck on Friday?
Today I got 100 pcs. of boned, skined, chicken breast...
Didn't get too many RSVP's but better to have enough then not.
Guess I'll just have to get a head count Thursday night and do a quick thaw and half cook so they will BBQ up nicely.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #75

Just 8 more weeks. I tried to shovel the 5 foot snow banks and the 2 feet of level snow to get to the Boler that is parked 100 feet in the back yard but upon hitting 3 layers of Ice in the snow decided to get the neighbor with his front end loader.
Did dig the last 20 feet by hand and had to clear the snow around it to take wheel covers off and leveling jacks.
Weather will be down into the negative numbers again tomorrow so I will take the 4 wheel drive down and pull it out so I can start getting it ready for the camping season and may take it out for a few trial runs before the rally. Just can't wait.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #76

Talked to Campground owner's daughter today at the New Hampshire Camping show and she said reservations for the Spring Fling are around the count of 35.
I think it may be higher then that.
REMEMBER ANY AND ALL WHO MAKE RESERVATIONS TO THE SPRING FLING IN NEW ENGLAND RALLY.. SHOULD MENTION SPRING FLING WHEN MAKING IT
Old 04-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Vermilye View Post
Add one Escape 17. I plan to be there for the entire rally, and friends in a Scamp will do the weekend. It should be the last trip for the Escape 17 before it goes up for sale (a 21 on order).
Jon, Be sure you have the " FOR SALE" sign on your camper as the campground is getting fill up with others campers who may be interested in buying a fiberglass unit.
See ya soon.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:05 AM   #78

4 more weeks till the Spring Fling rally, May 11 -14, in Chocorua New Hampshire. Getting our 79 Boler all spiffed up with the wife making new curtains and myself watching LOL. I may throw a coat of wax on.
I hope to greet each and every one of you as you check in to the office.
See you soon.
Gerry
Old 04-19-2017, 03:40 AM   #79

Hey all you on the Fencers who just penciled in the Spring Fling Rally May 11 - 14 at Chocorua Camping Village in New Hampshire.
Time is getting close and we want to get our numbers up so a better discount will be applied.
See first thread for all the info.
Just 3 more weeks to go.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:21 AM   #80

Was just down the campground yesterday and the snow almost gone and the sites were getting raked, store was being cleaned and water was 99% turned on.
I was hired to do some plumbing repairs and will be going back today to fix broken pipes in Comfort Station "A". and also try to get Dryer vent back on roof where ice had swept it away.
Just 18 more days till the 1st Spring Fling Rally.....Some sites still available so come join us.

Tags
rally