NH 2017, May 11-14: Spring Fling New England Rally - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 05-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #121

Name: Christie
Trailer: Looking
Connecticut
Thanks to all of you!

While I didn't meet all of you the folks I did talk with were friendly and very informative. I learned a lot and have a good idea of what I'll look for eventually. However, it was clear that the first thing I must do is upgrade the tow vehicle.

I enjoyed visiting the Rally and plan to be there again when I have a FG trailer.

Thanks, Christie
Granbygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 09:59 AM   #122

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
We had a great time at our first rally. We are looking forward to next years rally. Thanks again for organizing the event. We hope many more show up next year. Karen and Don.
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:20 AM   #123

Trailer: Escape
Maine
I too want to thank Gerry for organizing such a great weekend! It was fun to be able to go up to a stranger but because we had fiberglass in common, we were "friends". That was wonderful. Thanks again Gerry.

Nathan and Brendan, ummm...Brandan, ummm...Braedan and family
nathanj04011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:07 AM   #124

Name: Koren
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Thanks so much for organizing, Gerry. Jeff and I had a great time and met some great people. We loved visiting all the FG trailers - so many we had never seen the inside of before! And we got some great advice for improvements to our own Scamp 16'. Looking forward to the 2nd annual Spring Fling!
mswhipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:39 PM   #125

Name: Gerry
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1300 / 1991 Casita Freedom Deluxe
Maine
He all...Glad you enjoyed our 1st annual Spring Fling..Talking to the owner of campground and going to be setting up for the 2nd Annual Rally ASAP
Keep Posted.
Gerry
Gerry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:56 PM   #126

Name: Gregg
Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2
New Jersey
Red Wax Replacement

Hi Gerry!
What was the wax you were talking about. The replacement for the red something or other.
I have to wax for the season and want to use the best.
Thanks,
Scotty
GreggScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 04:04 AM   #127

Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggScott View Post
Hi Gerry!
What was the wax you were talking about. The replacement for the red something or other.
I have to wax for the season and want to use the best.
Thanks,
Scotty
What I do is give the Ladybug a good wash with TSP mixed with proper amount of water, then let dry 100%.
Also, the waxing step you want to do this in the late morning, on a dry day, and maybe not in direct sun. I found it easier if I could tell where I did or did not do and if it dries too fast you can see this line. Just wipe on with a damp cotton rag and let it dry. I do the roof, then the side down half way, go around, then the bottom half, over-lappin in a circular fashion.
Then walk away. no buffing
Caution, do not do this if any water may get on camper before it dries, like early morings or evening dew is present, Wax will run if not dry and you'll have to use a wax stripper to remove and start over.
3 coats original...one coat there after at the begining of each season.
The product is Red Max Pro...Low maintenace floor wax.
I believe back in April there was a tread where someone asked advice on waxing thier trailer and I gave the advice above, another member said Red Max was no longer available and that _________ gave the same results.
I have since looked for Red Max Pro and couldn't find it at local box store.
Find that Waxing thread and you will see what was recommended as the replacement product.
I can not vouch for this other product as I have never used it.
Old 05-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #128

Maine
Found out from others that that replacement product is Zep floor wax in a blue gal. container.
Hope this works as well as the Red Max Pro but as said I never used is so let us know if it does the job for you.
Gerry

Tags
rally