GA 2017, May 18-20: 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2017, 03:59 PM   #61

Name: Joe and V
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
I have made the call and officially cancelled our reservation for C-1.
jvthurber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:27 PM   #62

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvthurber View Post
I have made the call and officially cancelled our reservation for C-1.
Okay thanks. C-2 right? that's what I had you down for.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #63

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimboatl View Post
Hey, John, first time I've been on this thread in a while. I haven't missed a sign-up sheet for either the fish fry or the potluck, have I?
No, as soon as the last couple of sites fill up I will post the roster and accept any names for a waiting list in case any one with the rally cancels or if another site in the campground opens up that is not affiliated with the rally. The waiting list will be a first come first serve. Also at that time I will post information with regard to ordering T-Shirts and also start the list of side dishes for the fish fry.

Thanks
John
Old 02-20-2017, 05:08 PM   #64

Deep South
I want to make sure everyone affiliated with this rally knows and understands that this thread is the official thread for this rally and should be the go to place for updates. I have this event on quite a few different groups on Facebook as well as Scamp and Casita forums to get the word out and will be directing everyone here for official updates.

Here I will soon be posting a roster (once all sites fill) with site #, first names last initial, and camper make/model. If I don't have your make and model on the roster please post or PM me with the year, make and model (this is important).

At that time I will be taking requests for T-shirts and start the sign up list of side dishes for the fish fry. The pot luck dishes will not be coordinated.

Still working on sponsors.

Last year Friday was basically left open so rally goers could enjoy just hanging out or exploring the Helen/Hiawassee area. I didn't schedule any group meals either so there could be one night for a family meal or small groups getting together on their own. That seemed to work well and we will probably follow that the same this year except I do want to throw a couple of ideas out there:

(1) Being as there is A LOT more trailers this year it may be difficult for everyone to see all the trailers and cast your Campers Choice Awards in one day. Should we start the open house on Friday and finish it on Saturday? We need ample time to count the votes so voting will end this year at a time to be announced on Saturday. Any votes turned in after the cutoff time may not count.

(2) Is anyone interested in a Friday friendly horse shoe, corn hole or some other activitiy/competition? If so does anyone want to come forward to coordinate this activity?

(3) Is anyone interested in a musical gathering Friday night for those who play and those who just want to listen?

(4) Who would be interested in a sock hop/dance held after the Camper's Choice Awards on Saturday night?

Your feedback is appreciated even if this is your first time attending!

Looking forward to this!
John
Host
Old 02-20-2017, 06:00 PM   #65

Name: Joe and V
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe
Georgia
We thought it was C-1, but could be mistaken. We were next to you, so it may have been C2. ? They would not give a full refund to cancel even this far out. There is a $10 cancellation fee. However, I asked if we could just keep it as a credit and use it later and they did let us do that. Ya'll have fun!
jvthurber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:30 AM   #66

Deep South
C2 is a river site (water & electric) if anyone want to grab it up...

F3 and K7 are left.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:47 PM   #67

Name: Tom
Trailer: 2016 Casita Independence Deluxe
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
C2 is a river site (water & electric) if anyone want to grab it up...

F3 and K7 are left.
Tom and I were the lucky campers.. We booked C2 today. Looking forward to the rally
Tombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 12:22 AM   #68

Deep South
Marie & Tom glad you will be there!
Old 02-25-2017, 12:53 AM   #69

Deep South
Been working on contacting sponsors this week and have good news! RV Widget Works and Oliver Trailers will be joining the sponsor list for this years event. Riverbend Campground, Vintage Trailer Supply and Discount Printing Service will be sponsors again this year. There may possibly be more as I am waiting on return phone calls/emails from potential sponsors.

Again, I would like some feed back and/or input as to if anyone is interested in a horseshoe or corn hole tournament for Friday? Also is there anyone here who would like to head up this activity?

Oh, and are there any musicians coming that would like to organize a musical get together during the rally?

You can PM me if you would rather not post your responses publicly.

Also, I am starting to organize my list for the Thursday night fish fry. The campground is providing the fish and hush puppies so rally participants should bring a dish, desert or other item (plates, cups, plastic wear, napkins, etc) to share. You can PM me your dish or post here.

I will be posting information on the rally t-shirts in the next week or two.

Also, I would like to thank everyone for communicating well with the RSVP, this helps make things easier on me. So far 40 have RSVPed. If you haven't already done so please RSVP here and include your camper make/model.

Things are slowly starting to come together for a great 2nd annual event!

Thanks everyone
John
Old 02-26-2017, 05:37 PM   #70

Name: Ken & Ellen
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 ft Deluxe
Indiana
Sent you a pm with my email and phone number. no sure it went thru as I got this errr message; Due to abuse by spammers, new members are not allowed to send links in their private messages until they have become trusted members.

Let me know if you got the info.
KenEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #71

Deep South
Less than 80 days until Eggs on the Hiawassee River!

THURSDAY NIGHT FISH FRY - we will now be compiling the list of your side dishes you plan to bring for the fish fry. You can post here or PM me with what you want to bring. It can also be a desert, condiments, cups, plates, etc.

RALLY T-SHIRTS - If you are interested in an official Rally T-Shirt you can pre-order them by sending me a PM of what size(s) you want. The logo will be the same except the year will change, and we will do a different color shirt this year. Please include in your PM a good contact phone # and email address so I can contact you directly with the cost/payment info. The cost will be based on the total number T-Shirt ordered by all.

The rally roster pdf file is attached.

2 Bigfoots
2 Bolers
18 Casitas
1 Escape
1 Lil Snoozy
4 Olivers
1 Parkliner
11 Scamps
1 Trillium
3 U-Hauls
20 Unknown Makes
64 Registered RVs

Little House Customs has joined us as a rally sponsor.

Also, any Oliver owners coming to this rally? Oliver Trailers is sponsoring our rally and would like to hear from you - they are looking for someone to represent them at the rally. Contact Brent or Scott.

F3, K7 (back in sites) left available and held for our rally...
G1-G5 (pull throughs) open to anyone
All other sites in the campground are booked

Anyone thinking of coming but not yet signed up? We would like to have you join - don't wait until these sites are gone.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2017 Eggs on the Hiawassee Roster.pdf (187.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-02-2017, 07:55 AM   #72

Name: June
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Georgia
Would a Visitor be Welcome?

Hello. I have been fascinated with fiberglass RVs since I learned about them about 5 years ago. I am cautiously and carefully planning my purchase (trailer and tow vehicle) as I transition out of the main steam work force over the next two years.
BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIBERGLASS RV - of any brand! There don't seem to be many on the roads in the Southeast?
I have studied manufacturers websites, forums, and numerous blogs, but have never laid eyes on a real Egg.
Would I be imposing if I dropped by the campground on Saturday? It would be such a thrill, and a grand opportunity!
I could understand you might not want hoards of onlookers wandering around at your event, but want So Much to come and see you and your rigs doing what you do - what I want to do!
Thanks!
GeorgiaGirl
GeorgiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 08:41 AM   #73

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Hi there. Good to hear from you and welcome to the forum. It's definitely a good idea to visit a rally to see first hand what our MFG mania is all about. It happens a lot and visitors are always welcomed. We all love to show off our prize eggs. The Hiawassee rally in particular will expose you to a wide variety, both legacy and new. By all means come and be prepared for some fun.

Walt
Old 03-02-2017, 09:15 AM   #74

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
Hello. I have been fascinated with fiberglass RVs since I learned about them about 5 years ago. I am cautiously and carefully planning my purchase (trailer and tow vehicle) as I transition out of the main steam work force over the next two years.
BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FIBERGLASS RV - of any brand! There don't seem to be many on the roads in the Southeast?
I have studied manufacturers websites, forums, and numerous blogs, but have never laid eyes on a real Egg.
Would I be imposing if I dropped by the campground on Saturday? It would be such a thrill, and a grand opportunity!
I could understand you might not want hoards of onlookers wandering around at your event, but want So Much to come and see you and your rigs doing what you do - what I want to do!
Thanks!
GeorgiaGirl
Hi GeorgiaGirl,
Like Walt says, come on by!
Here is a photo of two GA Scamps taken in AZ last week as we crossed paths in the Petrified National Forest.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170221_122006057.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	103358
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 12:15 PM   #75

Name: June
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Georgia
Oh great! Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome. I will be there. Can't wait!
I believe I recognize the GA scamp with the Kayak and bikes from this forum.
I have truly been lurking for years, but this is my first time to post. Exciting!
GeorgiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:43 PM   #76

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Oh great! Thanks for the quick reply and warm welcome. I will be there. Can't wait!
I believe I recognize the GA scamp with the Kayak and bikes from this forum.
I have truly been lurking for years, but this is my first time to post. Exciting!
Hi GeorgiaGirl,

You will love egg rallies. Come on by. Be prepared to catch the bug even more than u may have it!!!

Look forward to meeting you.

Take care,

Dean
DeanCHS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 05:52 PM   #77

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Like GeorgiaGirl, I’m really interested in seeing a variety of trailers at a rally. Do you mind another interloper? So far, I’ve only managed to see inside a pre-fire Scamp (which put a crick in my neck) and the new Parkliner, which is very nice (as well it should be), but I know there’s a lot more out there than just that.

If visiting’s OK, is Saturday the day for it? I could swing another day or two, and even grab a site for my tent, if there’s a cancellation, although I’d hate I waste the available hookups. Of course, town with lodging’s not too far, either. Is there a registration for visitors to the rally?

BTW, if anyone was planning to do some trout fishing while in the GA mountains - or on the way to or from - feel free to slip me a PM. That’s how I waste a lot of my time. We’re a good bit behind on rain, but mid-May should still have enough cool water to find somewhere useful.

Bob
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #78

Deep South
Quote:
Thanks!
GeorgiaGirl
Yes GeorgiaGirl, you are welcome to come by during the open house on Saturday. We are not advertising it to the general public but anyone who is interested in purchasing a new or used egg is welcome. We have a number of sponsors this year who will likely have literature you can pickup too, Oliver trailers is one of them.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:36 PM   #79

Deep South
The Perfect Casita contacted me today and are also sponsoring our rally.

John Hageman is organizing a scavenger hunt for Friday, not sure of the times yet but this should be a great RV related activity for Friday.

Also, I was asked what the Campers Choice Awards is all about? There are 4 categories: Best of Show, Best Personality/Decor, Best Modification/Restoration, and 1 other category to be determined. During the open house, if you wish to show off your trailer and be judged in the competition you will get a placard from the rally host (site A-08) that you will display on the front of your rig on or above the tongue indicating that you are participating. Each person(s) of a registered site at the rally will each receive 1 ballot on Saturday morning that will have each of the 4 categories. While viewing the trailers you will cast your vote with the site # for the appropriate category. Please make sure to view all participating trailers and write a vote for each of the categories. Please write in the site # to make the tallying of the votes easier for us. Votes must be handed in on time (to be announced later), if submitted late it may not be counted - we have to have ample time to tally the votes. Immediately following the pot luck dinner on Saturday night there will be an awards presentations for each of the 4 categories. Each winner will receive an official rally Certificate of Award and prize(s) furnished by our sponsors. Pictures of the winners will be submitted to the vintage camper magazine doing the article on our rally for publication. This year I would like to get a photo of each winner during presentation of the award/prize and on Sunday morning a photo of each winner with their certificate and prize in front of their RV. I would also like to get a group photo either before or after the pot luck or fish fry.

I was asked about the t-shirt design. Our official rally logo is shown below
(the year will be updated to 2017). Last year we did a Royal Blue T-shirt with a white imprint. This year we will do a different color shirt but with the same white imprint. Last year the T-shirts were $10 to $12 depending on the size. The price of the shirts depends on several things, how many shirt orders I get (which affects the cost of the shirt), the color and availability of sizes, and the quality of the shirt. Last year I used a Gildean GS5000 if I remember right which was 100% cotton. The shirts are screen printed by me in my print shop using plastisol inks for durability. I am taking pre-order requests now so I can get a count of how many people want shirts and what sizes and then I will let everyone know the cost and take payment at that time or at the rally.

I only need to know what you plan on bringing to the fish fry on Thursday - I do not need to know what you are bringing to the pot luck Saturday (hence the term pot luck).

One thing I would like to have is a video tour of the rally from the entrance through the campground showcasing all the rigs. This maybe best done on a golf cart, I will see if Riverbend will let us use theirs for this or if someone wants to bring one that would be great too just let me know. I would also like to have a "parade" of fiberglass campers either coming in or leaving the campground on video but this may prove to be difficult to organize with everyone coming in and leaving at different times/dates but it would make a really nice video I think.

More to come...
Johnny M
Attached Thumbnails
Eggs on the Hiawassee Rally T-Shirt Design.jpg  
Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 PM   #80

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingBob View Post
Like GeorgiaGirl, I’m really interested in seeing a variety of trailers at a rally. Do you mind another interloper? So far, I’ve only managed to see inside a pre-fire Scamp (which put a crick in my neck) and the new Parkliner, which is very nice (as well it should be), but I know there’s a lot more out there than just that.

If visiting’s OK, is Saturday the day for it? I could swing another day or two, and even grab a site for my tent, if there’s a cancellation, although I’d hate I waste the available hookups. Of course, town with lodging’s not too far, either. Is there a registration for visitors to the rally?

BTW, if anyone was planning to do some trout fishing while in the GA mountains - or on the way to or from - feel free to slip me a PM. That’s how I waste a lot of my time. We’re a good bit behind on rain, but mid-May should still have enough cool water to find somewhere useful.

Bob
FishingBob,
It is my understaning that there are a couple of sites left and I believe Riverbend will allow tent camping. And if I am not mistaken they will also allow 1 tent per site for an additional fee. So if they are full someone here may let you pay the fee and pitch a tent on their site. As for dropping by yes Saturday will be the day to come and look as that is our "Open House of the Eggs". Each participating RV in the open house will have a special placard on display at the front of their camper either on or above the tongue of the trailer. If you don't see the placard then it is not open for showing. Check in with me (rally host) please at site A-08 when you arrive, this lets me know how many visitors we have so I can let sponsors know.