GA 2017, May 18-20: 2nd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-10-2017, 09:38 AM   #101

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Scavenger Hunt Sign Up

John H. asked me to post requesting a sign up for the scavenger hunt on Friday so he has an idea on how many will be participating...comment here if you will be in on the scavenger hunt. It will take place within the campground. This should be lots of fun!
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:16 PM   #102

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Johnny M,

Just sent you a PM regarding what we are bringing to the Fish Fry as well as our t-shirt order.

Unfortunately, we can't do the scavenger hunt due to having friends from Atlanta potentially visiting on Friday.

Looking forward to next month!!!

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #103

Name: Jo
Trailer: Scamp
Georgia
Was there ever a response about musicians looking to play in the evening? Trying to decide whether to bring an instrument.
JoWilloughby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:20 PM   #104

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoWilloughby View Post
Was there ever a response about musicians looking to play in the evening? Trying to decide whether to bring an instrument.
No no one responded, but I am sure folks would like to hear you play around the campfire!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:22 PM   #105

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanCHS1980 View Post
Hi Johnny M,

Just sent you a PM regarding what we are bringing to the Fish Fry as well as our t-shirt order.

Unfortunately, we can't do the scavenger hunt due to having friends from Atlanta potentially visiting on Friday.

Looking forward to next month!!!

Take care,

Dean
Thanks Dean, got your order
Old 04-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #106

Name: Ken & Ellen
Trailer: 2016 Scamp 16 ft Deluxe
Indiana
What all is entailed in the scavenger hunt? Could a well behaved dog on a leash join us?
KenEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:21 PM   #107

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenEllen View Post
What all is entailed in the scavenger hunt? Could a well behaved dog on a leash join us?
The scavenger hunt is being organized by John H. and will be at noon I believe on Friday. I don't see why he couldn't tag along
Old 04-19-2017, 08:48 PM   #108

Name: Joyce
North Carolina
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
Your Scamp looks great! Love the red, and it looks so comfy! I have actually been an Alabamian now for over 30 years, but am forever a Georgia Girl at heart. I read that there will be 72 fiberglass rigs at Hiawassee! I will be there! I've booked an AirBnB relatively nearby, and am counting the days. I grew up in Canton, and used to spend teenage summers working in the tourist business around Helen. It will be great fun to visit my old stompin' grounds and get to see so many Eggs! I'm ready to buy, if I just knew what I want. This trip will help me learn about the trailer and tow vehicle options.
See you there!
June
Hey June, you & I have a similar plan for the rally. I need to see as many different layouts and sizes as possible to learn what best meets our needs. I've not located our overnight stay yet, traveling with pets. What town are you staying in? Hope we meet each other at the rally.
Joyce
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #109

Name: June
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Georgia
I have found an AirBnb for a vrry reasonable price - unfortunately, they do not accept pets - probably because they have pets of Their Own and are concerned about interactions with visitors pets. I will be there Saturday at 10 a.m. sharp at the host location. I would love to tour the campground with you. Message me or look for me at 10 am.At the campsite for the host of this event. I very much hope to see you there.
June
GeorgiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 03:56 PM   #110

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Joyce,
I you have a tent to stay in, the campground does have a dry camping area (see post # 93 above). That's where I'll set up my tent, and they told me it was pretty close to the bathhouse. I didn't ask if it's a pet friendly area, though.
Hope to meet you at the rally.
Bob
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:44 PM   #111

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi June, Joyce and Bob,
It's great you're attending the open house to see all the trailers. We're a super friendly bunch with a lot of pride in our customizations. You're more than welcome to approach owners throughout the rally weekend, because it's nearly impossible to see all the trailers during open house hours!
My 13' Scamp is ready to show anytime I'm around on C-14.

I look forward to meeting you future trailer owners!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:04 PM   #112

Name: Joyce
North Carolina
Coming for open house to help us learn layouts to meet our needs. Where would be a good starting point? Do we need to register if not staying in campground?
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 03:07 AM   #113

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
With regrets, I'm cancelling for this year and my site A11 will be available sometime later today when I inform the campground. I REALLY enjoyed the rally last year and will miss it this year. I'll definitely try to make it in '18. Have a great time all.

Walt
Old 04-22-2017, 07:23 AM   #114

Name: E
Trailer: Aliner
Georgia
I'm excited to see all the different brands that are coming! This may be our maiden voyage in the scamp the way things are looking!
Yarnstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #115

Name: Ken
Trailer: Casita 17FD
Arkansas
Hiawassee egg rally

Johnny, My wife and I are registered at the campground for the rally. This will be our first. We have a 17' casita liberty. wife did not write down site we will be in but will be coming in on the 18th. Looking forward to the event. Ken & Cindy Holland
KenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:33 PM   #116

Name: susangrace
Florida
Scavenger hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny M View Post
John H. asked me to post requesting a sign up for the scavenger hunt on Friday so he has an idea on how many will be participating...comment here if you will be in on the scavenger hunt. It will take place within the campground. This should be lots of fun!
My apologies...I'm not sure where to reply. Count me in for the scavenger hunt. Susan
susangrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #117

Name: susangrace
Florida
Hi, I spoke with Melissa on the phone last week? and changed the tossed salad to tartar and cocktail sauces. Susan G 05
susangrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #118

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Yes to the scavenger hunt..
Jerry Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:20 AM   #119

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarnstormer View Post
I'm excited to see all the different brands that are coming! This may be our maiden voyage in the scamp the way things are looking!
What site are you in?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #120

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
With regrets, I'm cancelling for this year and my site A11 will be available sometime later today when I inform the campground. I REALLY enjoyed the rally last year and will miss it this year. I'll definitely try to make it in '18. Have a great time all.

Walt
Walt I am very sorry to hear that, hope everything is well with you. We will miss your Sumi Salad, take care my friend.