TN 2017, Oct 5-7 LBL FALL RALLY - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2017, 10:18 AM   #21

Name: Don
Trailer: Casita 17 SD
Missouri
Is there going to be a potluck or any other type of organized activity during this years LBL rally.

By the way we will be celebrating our 43 anniversary on 10/5.
Don & Peggy
Donald E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #22

Name: Peter
Trailer: Scamp
Iowa
Looking for genral LBL info

Hi all.
While we won't be able to attend the LBL rally, we are however, planning a two week trip to Land Between the Lakes starting on Oct. 15.
Just posting here taking a chance we might get some responses on camping @ LBL. Since we are somewhat limited by the tanks on our Scamp 19, we figure to spend some time at three different camping areas, be they undeveloped, self service, basic or dispersed areas while there. While we figure to spend at least some time at one of the "developed" campgrounds to dump tanks, re-fill water and recharge the battery, we usually prefer to camp right on the water (literally, right on the water where we can throw out a fishing line mere steps from our door) in more secluded settings.
Would anyone here care to provide some of our best choices for doing this based upon their prior experiences at LBL?
Thanks in advance.
Peter & Criste
Peter S. in Iowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 11:31 AM   #23

Name: Meg
Trailer: In the Market
Missouri
Hi. I'm new to this site. I've just been exploring the idea of getting a little camper trailer, and found this site while researching the Scamp trailer. By coincidence, I'm going to be at Lake Barkley state park the weekend this is going on - would there be any chance I could stop by - do you think to see some of the trailers - to see what all is out there. I'm still in the very beginner stages of learning about all this. I saw mention of some type of open house? I'll be driving up Friday night, then in town Sat. & sunday morning. I think it would be great to see some of these trailers in person vs. online.
mbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #24

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Hi Meg,

There will be an open house on Saturday; however, most folks would show you their egg camper at other times as well.

Laura and I will be on Loblolly 270 and would be happy to show you our '05 Casita 17' Freedom Deluxe.

Be careful, though. We attended this rally in the Fall, '15 to visit and check out these egg campers thinking we might buy one in four years after our youngest daughter graduated from college. Umm, after the rally, we bought our Casita one month later!!! No regrets, so glad we did not wait.

See ya in October,

Dean
Old 09-02-2017, 08:34 PM   #25

Name: Meg
Trailer: In the Market
Missouri
Registering?

Thanks. I saw in the first post something about registering, but i go to the land between the lakes page and don't see anything - in any case since I'd just be stopping by for an hour or so didn't know if that was needed? I need to restrain myself from buying something until I save some more money but I'm def. excited about the possibilities.
mbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 10:21 PM   #26

Kentucky
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergen View Post
Thanks. I saw in the first post something about registering, but i go to the land between the lakes page and don't see anything - in any case since I'd just be stopping by for an hour or so didn't know if that was needed? I need to restrain myself from buying something until I save some more money but I'm def. excited about the possibilities.
Hi Meg,

Good luck restraining yourself! I was not successful! After buying our Casita, we camped 38 nights in 2016 and towed 4,000 miles. We had never towed. In 2017, I think we will hit 40 to 45 nights. We have already booked 47 nights for 2018 and will probably hit 60 nights in 2018. It is addictive!!! See ya soon!

Take care,

Dean
Old 09-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #27

Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

Laura and I are looking forward to the LBL Rally in a few short weeks.

Hey, Laura and I are in the process of downsizing and preparing ourselves as empty nesters to living more simply and with less "stuff"!

Shortly after we purchased our '05 Casita and started camping in 2016, I upgraded our wheels (and tires) to 15" rims. I have the original 14" rims that came on the Casita in '05. I want to get them out of my storage building. I thought I would try to sell them locally and never got around to it. If I am going to give them away, I would rather they go to a fellow egg camper. If you are going to attend the egg rally at LBL or are going to be in the Bowling Green neighborhood let me know. They are in great shape and I am willing to give them away. I don't want to take them to the rally if no one is interested. If anyone is interested let me know.

There are three rims (two for the axle and a spare).

See ya soon!

Dean
Old 09-23-2017, 08:46 AM   #28

Name: Thomas
Michigan
Hi Dennis, Looking forward to the gathering this year. If you have any further Itinerary please forward to (lanetr740@gmail.com) See you soon.
Tom and Jackie Lane ( SOI 1119)
TLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 10:05 AM   #29

Name: Donna
Missouri
Dean, Did you make any adjustments to change to 15 inch wheels? We have been researching Casita and see 15's are only offered on new rigs with the high lift axle.

TNX,
Donna M.
Steve n Donna M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #30

Kentucky
Registry
Hi Donna,

The original owner of our Casita had the factory lift on the axle and then an additional lift from Little House of Customs. So we have plenty of room for the 15" wheel/tires.

Take care,

Dean
Old 10-01-2017, 12:46 PM   #31

Name: Donna
Missouri
Here comes a good spot for anyone thinking about LBL Rally

I'm just sending a heads up message for anyone thinking about attending LBL rally next week. I plan to cancel our reservation for site 236 because we have another event to attend this year, same weekend. It is a very nice spot, Loblolly # 236, close to Persimmon and the showers, etc. Right now it is booked Oct 3,Wednesday thru Sunday and is worth $55.00 (senior rate) if anyone wants to pay me & take over our reservation (totally OK with the campground to do it that way) If anyone knows of a need for that spot please reply ASAP. Otherwise it should show up as available tomorrow by 9 am or so when I cancel.
Steve n Donna M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #32

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
The Best LBL Ever

Giving a shout out to my sweetheart Dennis and all friends going to LBL this week; have a blast of a booty-shakin' time! Dennis and Susie know how to throw a great party. Miss y'all and hope to see you soon.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fall, rally