NC 2017, Oct.6-9: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #21

Name: Diane
Trailer: 2015 Lil Snoozy
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Hi Diane,
The campground is private for registered guests only, however, if you are invited by a registered guest to be their visitor and see their trailer, there is no issue with that.

The great news is we will be having a Public Showcase of Liberty Outdoors Premier Trailers on Saturday, October 7th, from 10:00am-5:00pm outside the Camp Hatteras Conference Center with free designated public parking. This includes the next generation of ParkLiner trailers.

You can get a first-hand look at the newest travel trailers on the market. The Liberty Outdoors Team will be on site to show you all the great features on their latest brand line. Participate in the contests, giveaways, live radio broadcasts and more.

For more on the rally weekend and public showcase event, see the article in RV Daily Report: Liberty Outdoors to sponsor Outerbanks rally | RV Daily Report
Turns out, I will not be attending the rally. I spoke with Chris at Liberty and they will not have a 20' trailer at the rally. I've seen the old 16' and I like it but need a little bit more space. I'll wait until the 20' is introduced later this year or 1Q2018. They're not sure!
Bernese Bunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 AM   #22

Name: Chris
Trailer: Looking
NH
Talking Staying down the street but want to attend

Hello,

My husband and I are making the trip to Eggshells on the OBX to check out FGTT and ParkLiner in particular. We are coming from NH via plane and rental car. We have a hotel reservation about 1 mile away for Friday and Saturday night.

I called the Hatteras RV center and they said we could purchase a day pass on Saturday for the grounds and event. Is this the case? Do we need someone to invite us? If so, will you please?

Also, even though we are not staying on the grounds, will you please make sure I/we are on the information/e-mail lists for the schedule? We will not meet the requirement for both a resort reservation and a event registration although I did do the later.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris W. in NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:58 PM   #23

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris W. in NH View Post
...I called the Hatteras RV center and they said we could purchase a day pass on Saturday for the grounds and event. Is this the case? Do we need someone to invite us? If so, will you please?

Also, even though we are not staying on the grounds, will you please make sure I/we are on the information/e-mail lists for the schedule? We will not meet the requirement for both a resort reservation and a event registration although I did do the later.
Hi Chris,
Thanks for getting in touch with me and it's awesome to hear you're making a long journey to join us.

It appears that you recently RSVPed through the Eggshells in The Outer Banks Website. Since you signed up with us and we know your arrangements now, we'll have a welcome bag and name badges waiting for you in the meeting center at check in. You'll also be sent the Schedule of Events and any other important information that you may need to know.

I'm not quite sure about "Hatteras RV Center"? Are you referring to Camp Hatteras RV Resort? There are no passes to purchase for the Showcase of Trailers on Saturday. It's free and that event is open to the public. In fact, all rally events have no fee.

The Schedule of Events will be released to registered attendees in a week. It covers all the weekend events in more detail. We would love to have you join us as much as possible!

See you soon and great travels.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 11:58 AM   #24

NH
Thank you very much!

See you then.
Chris
Old 09-02-2017, 12:52 PM   #25

NA
Schedule of Events

The Schedule of Events and other important information has just been emailed to Tearstock and Eggshells in The Outer Banks fully registered attendees. If that is you—and you did not receive the email—please check your spam mail first before contacting me. My email through RVcompass.com will get a quicker response than the forums.

The following people have rally reservations at the campground, but still have not RSVPed:
F. Bundy- site 296
J. Rogers- site 287
M. Jones- site 310
D. Abbott- site 415

We’ll need to receive your RSVP by September 22nd, or you will not be granted the rally discount and campground benefits for your stay. Please RSVP at: Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

We’re getting record numbers of attendees for this event. Please RSVP/register soon so we can account for you and make sure there will be enough goodies/resources/food.

A lot of effort is being put into this rally to make it an extraordinary event. We are super excited and look forward to having a great time with everyone attending!
Old 09-21-2017, 06:19 AM   #26

NA
Pre-rally Notes

Yesterday attendees were sent the last scheduled email before the rally. If you did not receive an email from Jeannine, please email her through the rally Website and let her know. There were no attachments this time.

New registrations after Sept. 2nd are being sent the Schedule of events and information in weekly batches, as it takes extra time to process, so please allow up to a week before receiving information if you’re coming on board this month.

One updated item to note:
Buoy Bags are now all claimed through generous donators. Thank you. We’ve started a waitlist in the event a few bags become available. There are rally stickers for sale during the event, and the Tear Drop Shop will also have rally merchandise for sale in their tent.

LAST CALL for the following people who will not get rally discount rates and benefits if not RSVPed with Tearstock or Eggshells by Friday, Sept. 22nd:

J. Rogers, site 287
F. Bundy, site 296
M. Jones site 310
Old 09-26-2017, 09:40 AM   #27

NA
Rally dates are approaching fast!

Do you plan to join us but haven’t RSVPed yet? Sign up now for all the attendee benefits.

Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally

The online form will remain only through this weekend until Oct 2nd. After that date, walk-in registration must be completed and there are no guarantees to available benefits.

Weekend events include catered food, live music, beach gatherings, door prizes, trailer awards, interactive treasure maps and a showcase of Liberty Outdoors brand trailers. Janine Pettit of Girl Camper will give a keynote presentation on National Park Camping with a Little Guy Max trailer.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:11 AM   #28

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Researching
North Carolina
Day trip

So, if I'm understanding this correctly about the rally weekend, there are events open to the public. But if my husband was looking to make a day trip, specifically to get eyes on, say Casita trailers, then that's a problem because the actual resort/campsite is private.

Am I understanding that correctly? Don't want him heading off on a wild goose chase. Thanks.
Jeanne BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:11 AM   #29

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne BY View Post
So, if I'm understanding this correctly about the rally weekend, there are events open to the public. But if my husband was looking to make a day trip, specifically to get eyes on, say Casita trailers, then that's a problem because the actual resort/campsite is private.

Am I understanding that correctly? Don't want him heading off on a wild goose chase. Thanks.
Hi Jeanne,
There is one event open to the public. Liberty Outdoors is having a Showcase of their premier trailer line on Saturday, October 7th, from 10:00am-5:00pm outside the Camp Hatteras Conference Center with free designated public parking.

The conference center is in front of the campground. The campground is for registered campers like most other privately-owned campgrounds. We are not promoting the public to go into the campground. However, if your husband takes the initiative to come out to the showcase event, he will invariably meet a Casita owner and get to see Casitas.

We're a friendly bunch. If you want any further information, please PM me.
Old 09-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #30

Name: Jeanne
Trailer: Researching
North Carolina
Understood.

Thanks for the quick response. ��
Jeanne BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:52 PM   #31

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Just checked with Camp Hattaras - they were not damaged by the storm -
Old 09-28-2017, 06:09 PM   #32

NA
Sometimes it takes an “I’m confused” email by a rally attendee to make me realize I might need to explain a bit better on how things are structured. Tonight I got that email questioning if this is a teardrop rally instead of a Casita rally. Let me share what I shared with him:

Eggshells in The Outer Banks was a rally started two years ago as molded fiberglass travel trailer rally. All brands welcome. (I own a Scamp).

This year I approached all the molded fiberglass manufacturers for sponsorship in lieu of a rig fee, and Liberty Outdoors (the new owners of ParkLiner) wanted to be the exclusive sponsor. Along with them comes their entire brand line, in addition to the 2nd generation ParkLiner.

The teardrop/Little Guy owners also wanted to bring their 5th annual Tearstock rally to us this year, because their usual campground in Ohio is under renovations for 2017. Seeing how this would be a "more the merrier" opportunity with Liberty Outdoors providing additional benefits for us, I agreed to have them join us for one big grand rally.

Although it may sound like they dominate the weekend, real bookings reflect about a 50% mix, with maybe a few more eggs represented. The site bookings are around 130, so that's at least 65-70 eggs (with plenty of Casitas).

The thing I dig the most about the teardrop clan, is they know how to do an outdoor party! If we're sharing rally camp with anyone, these are the folks to do it with.

We’re looking forward to see you next week and get ready for an extraordinary time in OBX. With the combined effort of Liberty Outdoors sponsorship and donations, there is NO RIG FEE. Just FREE catered meals, FREE live entertainment, FREE swag, etc. I need a trailer behind my trailer to bring you all the goodies we have!

If you haven’t booked yet, this is your last weekend to do so before the rally:
Eggshells in The Outer Banks - Fiberglass Travel Trailer Rally
Old 10-04-2017, 08:43 AM   #33

NH
Red face We will not be there afterall

Hello all,

We bought an Airstream instead of fiberglass. So we will not be coming this year to Eggshells on OBX to check out campers. Going camping close to home in VT instead.

For those of you who are there, please take some pics of ParkLiner and post them.

I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Chris
Old 10-04-2017, 09:02 AM   #34

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
We are driving down to look at the campers. How many will be doing this? Hopefully we will be able to chat and see different models.
We have a Lil Snoozy on Order.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 11:42 AM   #35

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
rallies

I don't like rallies closed to the public. Why do that? maybe its the campground if its a koa that would be it for me!

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 10:09 PM   #36

NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0wtz View Post
I don't like rallies closed to the public. Why do that? maybe its the campground if its a koa that would be it for me!

bob
Hi Bob,
If you are referring to this rally, you're clearly confused and not grasping the many posts I have put out. This rally is very open to the public, so much that we're offering an open-to-the public free showcase event on Saturday, which most rallies don't offer public showings of manufacturer trailers.

WHY DO THAT? For fun Bob, for pure fun to offer you and anyone else who wants the best rally possible to be offered. We don't care what trailer you have, or even if you own a trailer. Don't know how to stress that enough. It's not a KOA campground; it's better. It's a family-owned BEACH RESORT.

Sorry you're about to miss this TOTALLY FREE EVENT weekend with stellar weather. We're already having an awesome time. :-)
Old 10-05-2017, 05:26 AM   #37

Missouri
bless you guy

Thanks for the post and invite it seems so many of these things turn into some sort of a money maker for those involved.

I am a ham radio guy I quit hamfests they just got more and more expensive to attend all in the name of a hobby. Take the expense of getting there, food and other costs and it can amount to several hundred dollars!

If you guys are having fun doing this and offering up something I am glad for you and not only that appreciate what you are doing. I will watch for you next year.

good continued good luck

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 06:32 AM   #38

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
Hi Jeanne,
There is one event open to the public. Liberty Outdoors is having a Showcase of their premier trailer line on Saturday, October 7th, from 10:00am-5:00pm outside the Camp Hatteras Conference Center with free designated public parking.

The conference center is in front of the campground. The campground is for registered campers like most other privately-owned campgrounds. We are not promoting the public to go into the campground. However, if your husband takes the initiative to come out to the showcase event, he will invariably meet a Casita owner and get to see Casitas.

We're a friendly bunch. If you want any further information, please PM me.
The above statement may confuse the public. It may seem it is a private event. I know that's how I read it. But will be stopping by any way.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 06:59 AM   #39

Missouri
I was confused too

bob
Old 10-05-2017, 07:17 AM   #40

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
I could not attend the meet because of attending a wedding Sat. I was going to drive down to OBX (4 hrs.) to check things out and visit Thurs. or Fri. Glad this info. got out.
Eddie
Eddie Longest is offline   Reply With Quote