WA 2017, Sep 22-23: Seattle Area Gathering - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-13-2017, 11:57 PM   #21

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
Don't forget us! WHAT ARE DATES?

Hi Kai, do you have us down? Us being me with my Compact Jr. in site 42 and my camping buddy Karen with her Burro in some site near that.

Because of the title under "2017 Fiberglass Trailer Rallies" which read in part, "Sept 21-23, WA: Seattle Are..." we each signed up for our sites from Thursday Sept 21. I wrote on my personal calendar the meet ends the Saturday the 23rd, so planned to come home them. But I may have the campsite available for another day. When DOES the meet START AND END?

I hate being confused.
Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 07:44 AM   #22

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Hi, Cory,

Oh, dear, and I hate being confusing!

OK. We have planned activities for Friday, September 22 and Saturday, September 23. I HOPE you can stay over on the 23rd as we'll be having the "BIG" events intermittently all day & going until after 6 PM unless we all eat really fast. ;O

I was more optimistic originally, hadn't figured on "this entire year" then, so planned the "whole" event for September 19-24. But this year has worn me out, not the least the ongoing heat, which has now caused that Level 4 Burn Ban so we won't have a weenie roast. There goes the campfire bread, too. Paul was going to bake a loaf in the embers. Another time.

I have you, Cory Hilby, down for a Compact Jr. in site 24/42 and Karen Langlois down for a Burro in B41 (we'll sort out the sites when we all get settled).

At Maryhill in May, the other Paul had it all sorted and organized so well, I was inspired. Can't say I can emulate them, but I was inspired nonetheless.

Since this is a first time SAFE meet, (SAG?) we're learning as we go.

See you next week! It's almost here!

BEST
kai
Old 09-14-2017, 09:38 AM   #23

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
To remind all about the burn ban:
Quote:
Washington state parks are under a Level 4 Extreme fire ban – OR HIGHER. All outdoor burning, including campfires in fire pits and the use of charcoal briquettes are prohibited at all Washington state parks. Parks under a Level 4 ban may allow liquid or propane camp stoves that do not use solid briquettes and have on/off controls. Be aware that some parks may have a complete ban on any kind of campfire or open flame.
No campfires, no charcoal. We had the same thing at Rasar last month. Cooking outside was allowed on propane and I also used a toaster oven and my instant pot- though both could have been used inside. Just a reminder when planning meals. Sometimes they do ban outdoor cooking but I don't see that here.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #24

Registry
I am probably canceling if someone still wants a space Friday to Sunday
Old 09-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #25

Registry
Hi, Bobbie,

We'll hope to see you Saturday for a while, at least?

Could you PM BCDave if or when you're sure in case he still wants a space?

THANKS for letting us know, SORRY you may not make it...

BEST
Kai
Old 09-16-2017, 11:58 AM   #26

Registry
I tried but not sure it went through and I'm on my mobile and can't see sent mail. Can you try?
Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #27

Registry
Hi, Bobbie, sure. Site 36.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:06 PM   #28

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
My little Campster fits into many of the "tent" sites, but it has to be the kind with a space larger than the compact car only sizing.

I am glad that I did not make an advance reservation for the SAG as my tow vehicle is going into a repair shop this week and I don't know if it will be out in time for this weekend's event. A Puget Sound Energy company van rear ended me while I was stopped waiting for the car in front of me to get parallel parked.

Not a major accident, damage limited to the bumper area, I am glad it did not damage any of the body panels or the frame. No personal injuries to me other than the aggravation of dealing with an agent from my insurance company who entered that the party that rear ended me was uninsured rather than self insured. That clerical error has driven me crazy with its consequences in trying to get the repair work arranged.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #29

Registry
I can't seem to send a private message to BCDave. (No "new message" button and when I sent before it apparently didn't go as it isn't in my sent folder. So Dave, I hope if you are looking you see this!
Old 09-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #30

Registry
k corbin, bummer, I know what you mean. Every time we make reservations I X my fingers that we can actually use them. If I were more confident of finding a place I'd prefer to just head out--but without GPS and all the tools today's intrepid folks use, reservations still feel like the best option. We've had some great trips however making res. at the last minute.

Hoping the repairs go well and that you're having a good September.

BEST
Kai
Old 09-16-2017, 08:19 PM   #31

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Karin, there would be plenty of room in our spot for 2 Campsters but I'm sure that the park rangers might frown on that.

Hope you get your car repaired with minimal hassles. Sure would like to see your Campster although I know it's not done yet.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 09:24 AM   #32

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Just noticing this one now! Next year I'm gonna make an effort for this one for sure!!
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:26 PM   #33

Trailer: Compact Jr 1972
I have a propane campfire -- weenies?

Are they allowing propane campfires? Often during burn bans they do. I added one to my camping gear this year. Not a huge one, but sort of a medium-small one. They say you can roast weenies over it, although they may taste a little like propane. Want to try?
Attached Images

Cory Hilby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #34

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
We are going to have the better part of a week of rain before the SAG and it is also much cooler now. Maybe that will be enough to remove the fire danger and allow them to remove the burn ban in King County by the weekend.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:57 PM   #35

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Hilby View Post
Are they allowing propane campfires? Often during burn bans they do. I added one to my camping gear this year. Not a huge one, but sort of a medium-small one. They say you can roast weenies over it, although they may taste a little like propane. Want to try?
They did at Rasar under the same kind of ban a few weeks ago. As long as you could turn it off it was okay to use. But it may be up to the individual park.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:45 AM   #36

Registry
Sooveroo: If you would like to try to get a space this year--you can call the park and see if they'll let you use a tent site like they have another of our group...if you have a smaller rig.

Contact Us Dash Point State Park 5700 S.W. Dash Point Road
Federal Way, WA 98023

Ph: 253-661-4955

Campsite & Group Accommodations
Ph: 888-226-7688

Hours Summer 8 a.m. - dusk Winter 8 a.m. - dusk
Park Winter Schedule
Calendar
Sat Sep. 30
Discover Pass Free Day
Sat Nov. 11
Discover Pass Free Day
Fri Nov. 24
Discover Pass Free Day

BEST
Kai
Old 09-18-2017, 07:47 AM   #37

Registry
Cory Hilby: You're very welcome to ask the ranger if they'll let us use your really nice looking propane grill. The events can be whatever we all want them to be, and if we can roast weenies, so much the better. The rain we're having may well be enough to dampen down those fears of fire. 8)

Kind of you to offer!

BEST
Kai
Old 09-18-2017, 07:51 AM   #38

Registry
k corbin, hope your repair is going well!
glad to hear things may dampen down a bit--

We'll bring all 3 pop-ups in case.

Kai
Old 09-18-2017, 08:26 AM   #39

Name: Suvi
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Sooveroo: If you would like to try to get a space this year--you can call the park and see if they'll let you use a tent site like they have another of our group...if you have a smaller rig.

BEST
Kai

Next year, Kai! I have commitments this coming weekend and am just now getting back from Vancouver island where I attended the Island Boler and Friends rally. Hope we can keep this one going, though, as it's a convenient location for us Vancouverites but without a ferry involved!

Suvi
sooveroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 11:15 AM   #40

Registry
I never could reach BC Dave but I'm canceling tonight if I have not heard from anyone who wants to take over the site before then. Sorry, guys! Next time, maybe, depending on location.