WA 2017, Sept.21-23: Seattle Area Gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 12:40 PM   #1

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
2017, Sept.21-23: Seattle Area Gathering

Hello, Seattle Area FGRVers!

Registration is now open
for the FIRST

Seattle Area Gathering

Dash Point State Park
September 21, 22, 23, 2017

Don't be shy...
There are about 18 trailer-sized campsites available at this wooded campground with beach access and hot showers.
*Those who hesitate may be without a campsite*

Site 37: Host/Hostess site this time
Paul & Kathleen Z.
From Renton Highlands, September 19-24, 2017

There are many smaller sites, some will take the 13' trailers, but you'll need to call and find out. Reservations $10/phone $8/online
1-888-226-7688
WA State Parks
AREA B

SATURDAY, September 23, 2017
BEST DAY FOR DAYCATIONERS!
We will have our Open House Event and if the weather is dry, we'll have a pet show for trailering pets (x-pens highly encouraged) in the afternoon in the central field, followed by an EZ snack/potluck dinner at 5-6 PM.

EVERYONE, camping or not, is welcome. You'll have to park in the overflow lot and there is a parking fee (rats!)
This park is south of Des Moines, Washington, and is about 25 miles from Seattle. If you turn into Des Moines from I-5 and turn South before Salt Water State Park, you will come down to the road that leads through some lovely suburbs into an urban wilderness and beach access, which is the Dash Point area.
More detailed instructions will follow later...it's a LITTLE tricky. Do NOT follow any guidelines that take you clear down nearly to Tacoma!
Talk about back-tracking!
Please post on this vine when you reserve a site--and if you have to cancel.
Site # Who How Long Pets
Old 12-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #2

Name: jon
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
sept 17 eggs

hi, sounds like a lot of fun. we can't commit yet but will give it a try when things settle down for us.
jon of sequim
scamp 13
jondsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:16 PM   #3

Trailer: Trails West Campster 1970
Registry
I signed up for 36 from the 20th-24th but am not sure if I'll be able to go before the 22nd. I have three corgis.
Bobbie Mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #4

Name: Dean
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Any bolers going down?
Mollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #5

Registry
Bobbie, Oh, good! If you're bringing your Corgis, the pet show will consist of at least two things: a pet parade (walking on leash and costumes, if any) and a trick/commands event inside as many x-pens as people bring if they're willing to let us use them. We don't want any lost pets! We may have a recall race as well if we have enough space in the x-pens. There will be small prizes .

Welcome, neighbor!

BEST
Kai
Old 12-21-2016, 11:19 AM   #6

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Bobbie, Oh, good! If you're bringing your Corgis, the pet show will consist of at least two things: a pet parade (walking on leash and costumes, if any) and a trick/commands event inside as many x-pens as people bring if they're willing to let us use them. We don't want any lost pets! We may have a recall race as well if we have enough space in the x-pens. There will be small prizes .
Mine don't do much in the way of tricks (although Jack could demonstrate his Houdini-like escape abilities if we left him in an x-pen. I just added some hardware to his crate as he had learned how to open it and get out.) Oliver might win loudest barker. Sadie has a good recall, though.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:24 AM   #7

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
This is the first day you can make the reservations for September 21. DONE.

Dave and Karen plus Sonie (German Shepard] on site 39, September 21 - 24.

Sonie in a pen, not going to happen; on a lead, very good; tricks, not many but she does have her liquor license. She loves to play with other dogs.

I suggest that on Friday we take a group trip to the LeMay auto museum and/or Chihuly Glass museum in Tacoma.

Since we are on the inside of the loop, we wil, all have access to the open area behind us. More back ins along the inside would be great,

1970 Trails West Campster
2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #8

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Fish View Post
This is the first day you can make the reservations for September 21. DONE.

Dave and Karen plus Sonie (German Shepard] on site 39, September 21 - 24.

Sonie in a pen, not going to happen; on a lead, very good; tricks, not many but she does have her liquor license. She loves to play with other dogs.

I suggest that on Friday we take a group trip to the LeMay auto museum and/or Chihuly Glass museum in Tacoma.

Since we are on the inside of the loop, we wil, all have access to the open area behind us. More back ins along the inside would be great,

2008 Honda Ridgeline
I was going to do a back-in but decided to opt for somewhere I can put up my pen without Oliver constantly barking at everyone and every dog.
Old 12-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #9

Registry
"I suggest that on Friday we take a group trip to the LeMay auto museum and/or Chihuly Glass museum in Tacoma.
Since we are on the inside of the loop, we wil, all have access to the open area behind us. More back ins along the inside would be great..." Dave Fish (Dave & Karen & Sophie)

Hi, Dave--good suggestions! Would you lead one or both of those outings?
If you will, pick a time and be prepared to hand around a little flyer and organize it a bit? Car pools and/or convoy plans or both? (Me, I like a convoy..but cannot leave the older pug. I'll stay in camp and maybe puppy-sit?)

PS: X-pens are NOT required; nor is participation in any event. Merely welcome.

BEST
Kai
Old 12-21-2016, 01:45 PM   #10

Registry
Bobbie and all:

The back-in sites look like they are open to the field, but there is enough foliage that they're really not.

The restroom IS right at the edge of the field and there is parking there for about 2 -3 cars if you are good at backing & inching.

I'm hoping we can move enough picnic tables or have enough folding tables for our group events...Paul and I can bring 2 foldings and a 10x10 pop-up.

BEST
Kai
Old 12-21-2016, 02:15 PM   #11

Registry
Quote:
Bobbie and all:

The back-in sites look like they are open to the field, but there is enough foliage that they're really not.

The restroom IS right at the edge of the field and there is parking there for about 2 -3 cars if you are good at backing & inching.

I'm hoping we can move enough picnic tables or have enough folding tables for our group events...Paul and I can bring 2 foldings and a 10x10 pop-up.

BEST
Kai
I looked at pictures and the sites I was considering all had open views of the field (which I liked until I thought about barking) so went for the pull through. I do have an extra popup I can bring and my guess if we have a lot of people we'll have more folding tables available, too.
Old 12-21-2016, 03:38 PM   #12

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Hi, Dave--good suggestions! Would you lead one or both of those outings?
If you will, pick a time and be prepared to hand around a little flyer and organize it a bit? Car pools and/or convoy plans or both? (Me, I like a convoy..but cannot leave the older pug. I'll stay in camp and maybe puppy-sit?)

PS: X-pens are NOT required; nor is participation in any event. Merely welcome.

BEST
Kai
I'll stay tuned on the outings and see if there is enough interest. I'm happy to organize one if several (or just a couple) want to do one or the other. I've been to LeMay and would love to go again. I have not been to the Chihuly be it gets very good reviews and I would like to see it.

From the campground pictu5, the tables look pretty heavy and not very movable. We should plan on providing our own in whatever area we choose to gather. I'm open to making it our site since our trailer is small and the site is pretty large.

Looking forward to this event. Hopefully we can fill the loop or at least the SE corner.

2008 Honda Ridgeline
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 04:00 PM   #13

Registry
Maybe the sites looked more private earlier this year before the foliage fell--or the photos you saw were of sites further from the portion of the field I was hoping we could use.

I'm hoping to have a campfire/weenie roast on Friday evening at site 37.

There were two picnic tables out in the field that I'm sure several of us could bring together...but we'll see. If the covered picnic areas were closer to the campground or had larger spaces under them I'd rent one of those, but they're fairly far, the parking isn't ideal, and they aren't very big anyway.

There's also an amphitheater we could use, probably, for our initial greeting group and our final farewell group...fairly brief, both, the final one partly to determine if we want to do it again and some details if so.

Dave, good. I'll leave that to you, then.

Anyone else who would like to help out, it'd be good if we had an event photographer who could take a few shots and put them up on THIS thread or an AFTER SEATTLE EVENT thread on FGRV. Something available easily, and not many photos would be "required." We can all take our own shots, after all if we want them. Just a few for FGRV.

BEST
Kai
Old 12-21-2016, 04:21 PM   #14

Registry
I tried to avoid the really wooded ones as if it is wet they drip. I like a little more openness. But it did look like photos were done after leaves fell as in some shots there were fallen leaves. Anyway, we have a nice start down in the corner so people can go either way from there.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #15

Registry
Hi, Bobbie, it'll be good to have some through access to that area. Good thinking.

BEST
Kai
Old 12-21-2016, 06:20 PM   #16

Registry
I assume it is okay to share this over on the Escape forum? I know we have a number of people close to this area and not sure all are on this forum.

I also think with it so close to home there will be a lot of Fri-Sun people who won't want to take a day off when they don't need to.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:37 AM   #17

Registry
Thursday will be basically an "arrival" time. Nothing is planned yet for that evening and nothing is going to be planned for the daytime. Some gatherings have a meet & greet Thursday evening. We may put that off until Friday evening.

Yes, share this with whoever you like.
Old 12-22-2016, 11:04 AM   #18

Name: Marcia
Trailer: '00 Burro 17' WB
Seattle, WA
We just booked #30 for Fri & Sat nights. We look forward to meeting other Seattle area dwellers.

Coming with our 17' Burro who does no tricks other than an awesome "stay", along with Lab-mix Hodie who will try anything if it involves treats and Toller Libby who promises to beat the pants off all comers in a foot-race, especially if chasing a ball.

//Marcia
mglyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:44 AM   #19

Registry
A Duck Tolling Retriever? Libby?
Hodie--a donkey hodie? Just wondering! There will be treats!

Welcome to the group, Marcia, Hodie, and Libby!

Looking forward to it!

BEST
Kai
Old 12-22-2016, 11:52 AM   #20

Thanks for organizing this, Kai, and happy to say that I've booked #29 arriving on Friday afternoon/early evening (drat -- have to work!).

Am looking forward to meeting all of you that I've so carefully followed and learned from on FGRV for several years. Will be bringing my Cavalier for the pet parade, even though he's "the most un-brave dog in the world". I also have a 4' folding (in half lengthwise) table I can bring.

Colleen C is offline   Reply With Quote