MB 2018, Aug.15-21: Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan Event 2018 – All FGRV's Welcome - Page 7 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2018, 03:07 PM   #121

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
And on CTV.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/hap...ring-1.4056733

Ummm... the trailer that figures large in the video still is a Trillium, an Outback, if I am not mistaken.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #122

Name: Trever
Trailer: Scamp 13
ND
Quick detour on the trip home?

This might be worth the extra 80 miles for someone heading south from Winnipeg on the way home.

https://fargo.craigslist.org/rvs/d/vintage-boler-scamp-13ft/6672190677.html
NDorion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 02:46 PM   #123

Name: Diane
Trailer: 19' 2002 Scamp
Minnesota
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Diane R.
We had such a wonderful time and loved looking at all the bolars! So creative and inspiring!
Diane R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #124
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Those interested in reading more about the event in the media, I have done my best to collect all the articles. The event was in the Media across Canada and even on CNN, in total so far 47 articles have been published
boler 50th Anniversary Media Coverage

THE NUMBERS:
  • 454 Trailers registered
  • 420 Trailers attended
  • 930 participants
  • 321 boler Trailers
  • 1800+ public attended Saturday
  • Participants from 10 Canadian Provinces
  • Participants from 23 US States
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 05:02 PM   #125

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Here's hoping you broke even.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:22 PM   #126
Commercial Member

Name: Ian
Trailer: 1974 Boler 1300 - 2014 Escape 19'
Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Here's hoping you broke even.
Yes Glenn I broke even on the boler 50th Anniversary Event:
Revenue: $116,328.28
Expenses: $116,154.28
Surplus $174

A HUGE Thank You to the Participants, the Vendors, the Sponsors and the public who showed up on Saturday
Ian G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 08:28 PM   #127

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Excellent.
My wife complains she loses out when she and the girls go out for lunch.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:58 AM   #128

Name: Lynn
Trailer: Parkliner 2018
Manitoba
I went to this bolero fest anniversary last August..I must admit I felt sorry for all the wonderful patrons /colleagues of this group of FB glass eggs lovers .
It was held on a hot parking lot!!!
There was Birds Hill park not that far away just out the NE side of Winnipeg which would have been a 10+ experience in at least s campground setting with large available meeting areas
I was there but thought it could have been better
bozlouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:53 AM   #129

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Lynn,
That park looks fantastic! We can't wait for you to coordinate the 60th anniversary for us! Let us know when you've organized it so we can go.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:29 AM   #130

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bozlouie View Post
I went to this bolero fest anniversary last August..I must admit I felt sorry for all the wonderful patrons /colleagues of this group of FB glass eggs lovers .
There was Birds Hill park not that far away just out the NE side of Winnipeg which would have been a 10+ experience in at least s campground setting with large available meeting areas
I have a great idea. YOU plan the next one! Expect about 850 trailers to show up... that's well over 1,000 people. And please make certain it only costs us about $22 a day to 'camp'... for everything... live music, wine&cheese night, BBQ dinner, shower trailers.... and on and on.

It was hot for certain. But I'd 'suffer' every single bit of that heat to have that experience again. It turned out to be better than I thought it would be! I'm a hot rodder and am very used to parking on hot asphalt just to have the experience and meet great people. There's a huge difference between an event/gathering and 'camping.'
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #131

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Hot...dusty...dustier....and dustier still. And despite that, we had a fantastic time!! Would I change anything? Nope.

We met wonderful people, spent time with dearly beloved friends and enjoyed every minute of the "experience". And as the place was clearing out, we stayed another night and had even more fun!

Of course there are other parks. Of course there are more "natural" settings.
But for the needs that this birthday party presented, this was the right venue at the right time in the right place.

Thank you for your opinion on how you believe we may have been better served. You are entitled to your opinion. But----keep this also in mind. Those who did do the organizing, which took WELL over a full year, don't even live in Winnipeg. Hell, they don't even live in Manitoba! So considering that, considering the logistics and considering the sheer number of trailers expected, in MY humble opinion, it ROCKED!!

And I have the commemorative plaque on my trailer to prove it .
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 07:12 AM   #132

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Right there with you Theresa. Judy and I stayed another night too. I think about 1/4 of the people/trailers did too, we didn't want to leave! Fortunately there was a slight breeze during the day, we just kept moving our chairs to the shady side of trailers (when we weren't out walking around!). And then wind really BLEW at night and cooled off. I had to take my 25' flag pole and flags down every night. Otherwise they would have ended up in downtown Winnipeg. A couple of evenings, we had some propane fire pits going over in the "Escape Estates." Remember that lightning/thunderstorm Friday night? Wow! Hey, at least there were no mosquitoes!!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:08 AM   #133

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Theresa offered up what is pretty much my opinion of the rally. We stayed the extra night too.

Man, given the size of the rally and the degree of organization it took, I think it turned out fantastic, something I will remember well always. They did a great job organizing it.

I invited Ian out to our rec land for the following long weekend, and Joan and him took us up on it. Here I thought the guy was a good hard worker after seeing the work he put in organizing the boler 50th, and yet the bugger just mostly sat around resting and enjoying himself most of the weekend, can you believe that?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 08:47 AM   #134

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
Jim----I cannot believe that Ian actually sat and did nothing! That just goes to show ya'........lol

I think we ALL agree that the organization of the Boler 50th was a huge logistical challenge.

And that the organizers earned every grey hair that they sprouted during the whole process.

But....I think we can also ALL agree that they did an amazing job that was appreciated by everyone.

Still...to think he actually lounged around and did nothing the entire weekend that he visited you...... and I bet he partook in some libations, too, right? The nerve!
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:01 AM   #135
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
If it was not suitable for you why wouldn’t you just stay at the nice grassy park and just commute back and forth ,lm sure you would not of missed anything and your experience of the event would of been just as remarkable.
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 09:06 AM   #136

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Ian's Article

Lynn,
To enlighten you on Ian's efforts and decisions, he wrote a wonderful piece for The Roost last January, when we highlighted what it takes to coordinate a rally.

As not to get lost in an issue, I requested he keep it as a permanent article on his site. I think it's worth your time for a read:

Organizing the boler 50th Anniversary – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:02 AM   #137

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
Still...to think he actually lounged around and did nothing the entire weekend that he visited you...... and I bet he partook in some libations, too, right? The nerve!
He might have just deserved it, eh? And partaking in libations does not qualify as work though.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:08 AM   #138

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
We definitely enjoyed ourselves at this well planned rally. Ian did a fantastic job planning this. Hope we're around for the 100th anniversary!
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 01:31 PM   #139

Manitoba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I have a great idea. YOU plan the next one! Expect about 850 trailers to show up... that's well over 1,000 people. And please make certain it only costs us about $22 a day to 'camp'... for everything... live music, wine&cheese night, BBQ dinner, shower trailers.... and on and on.

It was hot for certain. But I'd 'suffer' every single bit of that heat to have that experience again. It turned out to be better than I thought it would be! I'm a hot rodder and am very used to parking on hot asphalt just to have the experience and meet great people. There's a huge difference between an event/gathering and 'camping.'
My apologies did not mean that as a slight to the planners , I'm sure a lot more was involved. I was only a visitor.
Old 09-15-2019, 07:40 AM   #140

Manitoba
Quote:
My apologies did not mean that as a slight to the planners , I'm sure a lot more was involved. I was only a visitor.
....anyway despite Rallie..Canada has a lot of beautiful pristine places to visit.Provincial and Natoonal
parks especially for trailer lovers...Hope you all will venture out to our northern neighbors,! We're family friendly Canadians ...and carry on generations of camping in our great outdoors with happy hearts . Enjoy!

Tags
boler