OR 2018, July 19- 22nd, Oregon Gathering Bullard's Beach State Park - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2018, 04:32 PM   #21
Commercial Member

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Bullard's Beach - Oregon Coast Gathering

Good advice DavidG.... I am going to have to move myself once and I made my reservations 9 months before the gathering as allowed. The automatic reminders service reserveamerica. com offers is very helpful and then watch this forum for people that have to cancel at the last minute to get your spot.

Deb
Co-Host
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 08:40 PM   #22

Name: John
Trailer: Escape 21, behind an '02 F250 7.3 diesel tug
Mid Left Coast
As I think I mentioned before, I should have my rather large astronomical telescope so if the sky is clear, I will plan on at least one night of star gazing for any and all who are interested...

White ford F250 longbed pulling a white Escape 21, in space A42

(p.s. A13 *was* my space but I canceled it so I could move to a larger space since my new trailer won't fit in A13 very well)
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 09:48 AM   #23
Commercial Member

Stargazing

John,
Thanks for the offer of potential star gazing. I will just leave the date open depending on clear skies for you. We will figure it out when we are both there and see the weather and find an open spot for you.

Deb
Co-Host
Old 06-11-2018, 09:19 PM   #24
Commercial Member

Site available tomorrow for Bullard's Beach-Oregon Gathering

Here are the details people:
Hi folks,
Well, sad to say sometimes life gets in the way. We are going to have to cancel our site. B27, July 12 - 22. Deb is sure doing a great job of hosting this year. We'll miss everyone. Have fun.
Safe travels and, as always, Happy Trails,
Dave & Kathie
up::bye1:

We will cancel at 0900 in the morning.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:49 AM   #25

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Group, I too must cancel. I have site B26 reserved for 9 nights starting July 13. I will cancel tomorrow morning precisely at 9am (June 13) if anyone needs a site.

Make a ton of memories!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #26

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Keep trying !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Group, I too must cancel. I have site B26 reserved for 9 nights starting July 13. I will cancel tomorrow morning precisely at 9am (June 13) if anyone needs a site.

Make a ton of memories!

More changes, for those of you who think getting a space is impossible. I got one space only , A-21 first time I tried a couple of weeks ago. ( either before or after Jon in Santa Cruz got it, then got something bigger.) Later , another operator got me 2 nights together in A-38 (Thurs, Fri ) , then added A-38 for Sunday. Leaving only the most important night, Saturday, with no site. (We could have gone to a nearby campground or RV Park for 1 night, as we have before.) But I signed up for e-mails about vacancies that come up, and this morning a vacancy came up and we snagged it. It is B loop, but a mid-rally move is not difficult in a 13' Scamp. So if you still don't have a space yet, keep trying, and sign up for the E-mail vacancy list.
You may remember two people announced that they were going to cancel this week at 9 AM. I got on the phone both days at 9 AM but many people must have been seeking because the operator could find nothing. Maybe the Computer would have worked better ....if you are a Computer Whiz. But don't give up, keep trying, I hope I see you on Thursday the 19th ! David and Julie, in Sonora today.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:38 PM   #27
Commercial Member

For anyone that is out there looking for a possible campsite for Bullard's Beach for the Oregon Gathering... I was just told this one will be available: B36 Wed.7/18/18 leaving sunday 7/22/18 if you are interested in this one before it is cancelled contact Barbara K. at kbkeck@comcast.net
Old 06-22-2018, 11:48 AM   #28
Commercial Member

Bullard's Beach - Oregon Coast Gathering Agenda

For all of you early birds who might be thinking of beginning your travels soon towards Bullard's Beach State Campground for the Oregon Gathering- here is the agenda which may be subject to changes. Be sure to check the white boards posted in sites A15 or A 17 for reminders and changes. It would be a good reminder to print this out and carry with you.

2018-OREGON GATHERING- BULLARD’S BEACH- BANDON, OREGON
WHAT’S HAPPENING AND WHEN SCHEDULE- ( All activities are totally optional if you choose to participate or not.)

Thursday - July 19, 2018- 4 pm- Come and meet everyone at our Tapas/appetizers night located at the East shelter/pavilion near boat ramp. There will be lots of parking at shelter or across the street at the boat ramp. Bring your favorite appetizer for about 8-10 people to share and join us. You will need to bring your own chairs, plates, utensils, drinks, etc. SORRY NO DOGS OR PETS ALLOWED AT FOOD EVENTS.

Sign up for your personal appointment to find out what your trailer really weighs. The sign up sheet will be in camp site # B17. Frederick is bringing his certified/calibrated scales and he will weigh your trailer in your campsite by appointment only. Frederick has been making his living as a weigh master for years.

Watch the white board posted at site A 15 or A 17 for updated information and changes. Depending on clear skies we have an attendee who is willing to set up and share his large telescope and give tips for some star/planet gazing. Location and time to be determined per weather.

Friday- July 20, 2018- 10 am- Bring your chairs and meet at campsite B 17- to learn all about “How to use drones to make videos”, by Desmond. PLEASE DON’T BRING DOGS OR PETS TO CLASS.

Friday- July 20th, 2018- 5 pm- Hot dog roast to be held in camp site #A12. Bring your own hotdogs ( or other foods), chairs, plates, utensils, buns, drinks, etc. A campfire and some condiments will be provided by our generous host Sandy. I’m sure if someone wants to bring firewood for all of our enjoyment it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again Sandy for hosting this event.

SORRY NO DOGS OR PETS ALLOWED AT FOOD EVENTS.

Saturday- July 21, 2018- Trailer tours- 10 am- 12 pm-Loop A, 1-3 pm
Loops B & C- This is totally optional and if you don’t want to participate that is fine. Just let people know.

Saturday- July 21, 2018- POTLUCK -5 pm SHARP-As we start serving almost immediately- to be held at the East shelter/pavilion near boat ramp. Bring your favorite dish -enough for 8-10 people plus chairs, eating utensils, drinks, etc. Our annual group picture will be taken right after the potluck- bring your smiles and happy faces.

Sunday- July 15th, 2018- 5 pm- If you aren’t leaving today you are invited to bring your leftovers to campsite A 17 and visit and share in a “Leftovers Farewell Dinner”. Bring foods, chairs, plates, eating utensils and drinks.

REMINDER: IF YOU ARE CAMPING WITH CHILDREN BE SURE TO CHECK IN FOR THE JR. RANGER PROGRAM THAT OFFERS LOTS OF FUN AND FREE ACTIVITIES.

If you are new to the Bandon area here are a some links to plan your trip:

Visit Bandon | Southern Oregon Coast | Travel, Events, Vacation & Relocation Info.

Bandon - Oregon Coast Visitors Association

https://oregonstateparks.org/index.c...p_juniorRanger

REMINDER: YOU MIGHT WANT TO PRINT THIS TO HAVE YOUR OWN COPY OF ACTIVITIES.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Deb & Cathy
Your Hosts
Old 06-29-2018, 02:15 PM   #29

Name: Ellen
Trailer: Casita
AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post

More changes, for those of you who think getting a space is impossible. I got one space only , A-21 first time I tried a couple of weeks ago. ( either before or after Jon in Santa Cruz got it, then got something bigger.) Later , another operator got me 2 nights together in A-38 (Thurs, Fri ) , then added A-38 for Sunday. Leaving only the most important night, Saturday, with no site. (We could have gone to a nearby campground or RV Park for 1 night, as we have before.) But I signed up for e-mails about vacancies that come up, and this morning a vacancy came up and we snagged it. It is B loop, but a mid-rally move is not difficult in a 13' Scamp. So if you still don't have a space yet, keep trying, and sign up for the E-mail vacancy list.
You may remember two people announced that they were going to cancel this week at 9 AM. I got on the phone both days at 9 AM but many people must have been seeking because the operator could find nothing. Maybe the Computer would have worked better ....if you are a Computer Whiz. But don't give up, keep trying, I hope I see you on Thursday the 19th ! David and Julie, in Sonora today.
Hi David and Julie,
I am SO CONFUSED. Like John, I am also building a list of who's in which spot for this rally. First I had you in A13... I figured you were coming earlier (date unknown) and moving (I thought) on the 19th to A38. Then I saw you apparently were only spending that one night in A13 so you cancelled A13 (??) and booked A38 for the 19th through the 21st. Now... you added A38 for the night of the 22nd (?) but are spending one night (the 21st) in B loop (??) but I don't know which site. So...would you mind telling me which site(s) you are in for which nights?? Thanks so much. (btw---There is a Ron and Lily who are reserved in A38 for 7/17-19th then in A29 for the 19th through the 21st. If you are still registered for A38 for the 19th through the 21st and were interested in coming earlier...you might switch with them... but you'd still need your B loop site for the night of the 21st to the 22nd. LOL. Hope you can figure this out. Ellen
Rayel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:07 PM   #30

Scamp in Site B-64 ! ! !

Sorry you got mixed up, Deb. I did too , with the changes. As you wrote, we had A-38 for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Then an e-mail came that said B-64 was available for Sunday night so we took it. So we are set for the 4 nights. Thank you David and Julie
Old 06-29-2018, 05:06 PM   #31

Mid Left Coast
Quote:
Sorry you got mixed up, Deb. I did too , with the changes. As you wrote, we had A-38 for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Then an e-mail came that said B-64 was available for Sunday night so we took it. So we are set for the 4 nights. Thank you David and Julie
so you're in B64 for the whole thing? no more A38, A13 juggle ?
Old 06-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Not me David G...

Quote:
That was Ellen that sent that message David G not me. I am just glad you have figured out a way to come and be part of our group for this gathering. Looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing old friends too!

Deb
Co-Host
Old 06-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #33

Still in A-38 , now added B-64 for Saturday.

[QUOTE=DavidG;704262]Sorry you got mixed up. I did too , with the changes. As you wrote, we had A-38 for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. We still do.
Then an e-mail form Oregon Parks came that said B-64 was available for Saturday night so we took it. So we are set for the 4 nights. ( That is , A-38 for Thurs, Fri and Sunday, and now B-64 for the Saturday. ) Thank you , David and Julie

I hope this clears it up ! Thanks, guys ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Old 07-04-2018, 08:04 PM   #34

Name: Ellen
Trailer: Casita
AZ
[QUOTE=DavidG;704296]
Quote:
Sorry you got mixed up. I did too , with the changes. As you wrote, we had A-38 for Thursday, Friday and Sunday. We still do.
Then an e-mail form Oregon Parks came that said B-64 was available for Saturday night so we took it. So we are set for the 4 nights. ( That is , A-38 for Thurs, Fri and Sunday, and now B-64 for the Saturday. ) Thank you , David and Julie

I hope this clears it up ! Thanks, guys ! David in Fresno and Sonora
Thank you so much for the clarification David. I just am trying to print out a list as up-to-date as possible for those who might be interested in having one. You guys are moving around a lot... but we are looking forward to seeing you there. Ellen and Ray
Rayel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:53 PM   #35

Mid Left Coast
So we're setup in A42... Scoped out the campground, I do believe the best time and place to setup my telescope will be Thursday night, about 9:30 to 11:30pm behind the boat trailer parking that's between Loops B and C, across from the host C1 site, in the middle of that small loop off the main road. If I'm there, my big white 2002 F250 extended cab long bed with a cap will be parked in a boat trailer parking space. Please, if it's dark, use a DIM flashlight and keep it aimed down.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:17 PM   #36

Name: Mac
Trailer: 2013 Casita 17' LD
Oregon
We just returned from Bullard's Beach, and wanted to thank all the friendly, welcoming, helpful people we met at this, our first Fiberglass event. We've had our Casita about a year now, and have learned so much. It was great to follow up that education with tours of such a wide variety of trailers - Casita yes, but also Fiber Stream, Burro, U-Haul, Little Joe, Bigfoot, Oliver, ParkLiner, Boler, Escape, and more.
Thanks everyone, especially Deb and Cathy for organizing the event. Can't wait to see you all at future events, and next year in Bandon!
Mac and Belinda
Spongelander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 10:48 PM   #37

Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongelander View Post
We just returned from Bullard's Beach, and wanted to thank all the friendly, welcoming, helpful people we met at this, our first Fiberglass event. We've had our Casita about a year now, and have learned so much. It was great to follow up that education with tours of such a wide variety of trailers - Casita yes, but also Fiber Stream, Burro, U-Haul, Little Joe, Bigfoot, Oliver, ParkLiner, Boler, Escape, and more.
Thanks everyone, especially Deb and Cathy for organizing the event. Can't wait to see you all at future events, and next year in Bandon!
Mac and Belinda
This was a very nice event. Really enjoyed meeting you two. See you next year!

John and Liye