GA 2018, May 31-June 3: 3rd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
2018, May 31-June 3: 3rd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River

This years 3rd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River Rally will be May 31-June 3 2018 at the same location (Riverbend Campground) in Hiawassee Georgia. This is nestled in a rolling valley of the northeast Georgia mountains.

Unlike previous years, this year I will attempt to manage the information for the rally in one central location rather than many different websites and Facebook groups to maintain.

The central information location for this years rally will be:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eggsonthehiawassee/

Here you can join the group if have attended in the past or plan on coming this year. There is an event inside this group where you can mark that you are going. Information on this years rally will be posted in the group as it becomes available. I will not be maintaining this thread regularly, so please go to the link above.

Thank you!
Johnny M
Old 02-02-2018, 11:50 AM   #2

Deep South
Exclamation Rally Update

Update: if you plan on attending this rally and haven't got a site yet as of yesterday there were only 5 sites left with hookups. There are plenty of spaces for dry camping/boon docking but that means with no hook ups. We are expecting over 100 campers this year. See the Facebook group listed above for all the details.

Thanks,
Johnny M
Old 03-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #3

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Dates on the Rally map . . . .

The dates for this rally, on the rally map, are May 18th -20. . . . Might want to change them. I would love to go. . .

Maybe. . .
in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWelch View Post
The dates for this rally, on the rally map, are May 18th -20. . . . Might want to change them. I would love to go. . .

Maybe. . .
The dates are correct for 2017. Maybe you were referencing the 2017 map year? The rally map for 2018 reflect the same dates posted as May 31-June 3.

Riverbend Campground is top notch as fas as management and clean facility. If I didn't have a conflicting schedule this year, I'd be back for another great time with our fiberglass community.

All the best to the Hiawassee Posse!

(and hugs and head scratches to Abel, the beautiful wonder dog)
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #5

Alabama
Registry
Rally map dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalga View Post
The dates are correct for 2017. Maybe you were referencing the 2017 map year? The rally map for 2018 reflect the same dates posted as May 31-June 3.

Riverbend Campground is top notch as fas as management and clean facility. If I didn't have a conflicting schedule this year, I'd be back for another great time with our fiberglass community.

All the best to the Hiawassee Posse!

(and hugs and head scratches to Abel, the beautiful wonder dog)

Thank you! I bet that is exactly what I did.

Sounds like a wonderful place and time - - would love to be there. . . And Abel says thanks for the kind words!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:20 AM   #6

Alabama
Registry
2018 Rally Map

Where do I find this?? For some reason, no matter how I click it, from any page, I only get the 2017 rally map. . .

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2018, 11:31 AM   #7

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWelch View Post
Where do I find this?? For some reason, no matter how I click it, from any page, I only get the 2017 rally map. . .

Thanks!
It's the very first sticky thread on the top of the rally forum:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...aps-82653.html

Direct Link:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/vi...cBJo7V0ZxgJyck

and it's also in my signature.
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #8

Alabama
Registry
Thanks, Hidalga!! I looked right over it! I always went to the "More" button at the top and clicked on the Rally Map there. . .which always came up for 2017. . .

Thanks again. I do miss the obvious sometimes!
Old 03-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #9

Name: Pete
Trailer: Currently Shopping
FL
Smile Not a Facebook member

Is there a place to get updates for those few of us that do not wish to join Facebook? Really not trying to start any trouble
Pete_Tallahassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_Tallahassee View Post
Is there a place to get updates for those few of us that do not wish to join Facebook? Really not trying to start any trouble
I don't think you need to sign on to Facebook to view Facebook pages.
Try it.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:12 AM   #11

FL
I was told to log in.

First words at top of page say " you must login in first"
Old 03-10-2018, 10:21 AM   #12

So, they have it set up as a closed group. You have to get approval to join the group.
Old 03-10-2018, 11:07 AM   #13

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
So, they have it set up as a closed group. You have to get approval to join the group.
How do I get that? Or can I?
Old 03-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #14

I expect you would click on "log in" and follow instructions to register, but I'm not in that group. Frankly, there is so much rubbish on Facebook that I'd probably send a private message to Hidalga asking for updates.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:50 PM   #15

FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
I expect you would click on "log in" and follow instructions to register, but I'm not in that group. Frankly, there is so much rubbish on Facebook that I'd probably send a private message to Hidalga asking for updates.
I'm not joining Facebook.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #16

Deep South
Pete, I have this rally on many different forms of online web pages besides this one and I manage multiple Facebook groups related or linked to this rally. Rather that having to update each and every one of those I decided to start a Facebook group page for the rally (which does not cost me anything out of pocket) and it gives me one central location to get messages out to everyone participating. It would be very difficult for me to keep up with message from everyone from all these different sources regarding registration, questions, t-shirts, updates, etc. This is the reasons why all of these direct everyone to Facebook to the rally group page: www.facebook.com/groups/eggsonthehiawassee/

The reason the group is private is to keep just anyone from asking to join that may not have or even be interested in fiberglass campers so I don't have to weed through lots requests of folks that don't pertain to our group.

I understand if you don't want to join Facebook, but for me personally it simplifies managing the rally. I don't check this site often but monitor the Facebook group page about once every day or so. PM me and I will message you back with my email address so you can periodically contact me regarding and updates.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #17

FL
I thank you for taking the time to organize the rally. Like I said I'm not trying to cause any trouble. Heck I don't even have a casita yet.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:44 PM   #18

Deep South
It's not too late!

With spring playing hide and seek, it seems everyone is trying to get those eggs out of winter storage and are itching to go camping or to a rally. Well it is not too late to sign up for a spot in one of the largest and fastest growing egg rallies in north America. The 3rd Annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River rally is happening on May 31 through June 3 at the Riverbend Campground in the North East Georgia Mountain community of Hiawassee (near Helen, GA). We choose this place for our rally because the beautifully landscaped mountain valley campground has very spacious sites along the banks of the Hiawassee River and it is family owned and operated and a perfect place for a rally. We currently have 91 trailers registered and we expect over 100. The rally is sponsored by Scamp Trailers, Casita Travel Trailers, Oliver Travel Trailers, Happier Camper, Escape Trailers, and Vintage Trailer Supply with other sponsors waiting to be confirmed and we have confirmed that at least 2 sponsors will have demo units on display at the rally.

Hookup sites are full but there is a waiting list (call the campground office to be added) but you can reserve a dry camping site with no hookups for only $10 per night. Generators are permitted in the dry camp area for those with medical equipment needs such as a CPAP.

The rally events features a fish fry on Thursday night, open house on Friday and Saturday for participating campers and visitors are welcome for those in the market for an egg. Vote for your favorite campers for the coveted Campers Choice Awards which will be presented after the pot luck dinner on Saturday night. There will also be a meet and greet, community campfires with neighbors, and more. Don't miss the demonstration by the sponsors too.

This is the rally you don't want to miss! For more information join the rally group page at www.facebook.com/groups/eggsonthehiawassee
Attached Thumbnails
26805052_10212344558102203_2880842227635275661_n.jpg  
Old 05-17-2018, 09:07 AM   #19

Deep South
The 3rd annual Eggs on the Hiawassee River is only 13 days away. If you are in the market for a fiberglass camper there will be new demo units on site including Happier Camper, MyPod, Nest, Oliver, and Parkliner. Non-campers are welcome to see the demos on Friday 5/31 from 1pm to 5pm and Saturday 6/1 from 11am to 3pm.

Our sponsors include: Casita, Escape, Happier Camper, Liberty Outdoors, Little Guy, Little House Customs, MyPod, Nest, Oliver, Outback Trillium Trailers, ParkLiner, Relic, Scamp, Southland RV, Teardropshop.com, Vintage Trailer Supply

Don't miss the Fish Fry, Sponsor Seminars, Open House, Pot Luck and the Campers Choice Awards!

Located in Hiawasee Georgia at Riverbend Campground in a mountain valley setting. Plenty of sites left available if you want to come join us, $10 dry camping sites are available and there is room for aprox 100 units, hookup sites are full but there is a waiting list (call the campground to be added). Call Riverbend Campground at 706-896-1415 then join the rally group at www.facebook.com/groups/eggsonthehiawassee to let us know to add you to the roster and for update information.