KS 2018, Sept 12-16: Kansas Eggstravaganza - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
2018, Sept 12-16: Kansas Eggstravaganza

Save the dates!

11th Annual Kansas Eggstravaganza

We are adjusting the timing for Eggstravaganza XI. We are moving from the first Wednesday after Labor Day to the second Wednesday after Labor Day.

The Pre-Rally Get-together: Mon, Sept 10 – Tues, Sept 11, 2018 (no agenda, just visiting and impromptu activities.)

The "Official" Rally: Wed, Sept 12 – Sun, Sept 16, 2018

Farnum Creek Camp Ground (COE)
Milford Lake; Junction City, KS 66441
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
39.15343, -96.89666
39°9'12"N, 96°53'48"W

Take I-70 to exit 295 then north on US Highway 77. Drive 11 miles to park entrance
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #2

Name: Marsha
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
How far in advance can we make reservation?
tcrwbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:14 AM   #3

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/Farnum_Creek/ allows you to make your reservation exactly 6 months (to the day) in advance.
Old 02-24-2018, 11:50 PM   #4

Name: george
Trailer: 1998 burro 17'
Texas
Darn, I was going to be in argonia Labor Day weekend for Airfest.
george w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #5

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I'll be in Hutchinson KS in June for a National Dutch Oven Gathering in June. Too far of a drive to go 2x. Maybe next year.

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:35 PM   #6

You can now make your campground reservations. I recommend using Recreation.gov

Farnum Creek Camp Ground (COE)
Milford Lake; Junction City, KS 66441
GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
39.15343, -96.89666
39°9'12"N, 96°53'48"W

The Pre-Rally Get-together: Mon, Sept 10 – Tues, Sept 11, 2018 (no agenda, just visiting and impromptu activities.)

The "Official" Rally: Wed, Sept 12 – Sun, Sept 16, 2018
Old 03-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #7

Kansas Eggstravaganza Reservations

This is a first, less than 24 hours after I sent a reminder about making reservations there is only one site available.

Your hosts do not have a site booked so we will either be in one of the First-Come-First-Served sites or in B-Loop.

There are 11 First-Come-First-Served sites in A-Loop so just because there are no sites available on the website it does not mean that the loop is full.

B-Loop is boondocking. If planning to get a First-Come-First-Served site or staying in B-Loop be prepared to boondock. If you get a First-Come-First-Served you will have water and electricity, but it may pay to be prepared.

Another option is to double up. Both trailers will need to pay the camping fee, but only one can hook up to electricity at a time.

There is always the possibility of cancellations.
Old 04-06-2018, 02:36 PM   #8

Kansas Eggstravaganza April Update

As I have previously reported that all sites that can be reserved in A-Loop are taken. We also have 3 rigs planning on getting a First Come Site. Remember that we will have a few cancellations and there are 10 First Come Sites in A-Loop. B-Loop currently has all sites available. However, B-Loop does not have hookups.

If you happen to have reservations for one of the following sites please let me know: A-09, A-11, A-20, A-21, A-27, A-30, A33 or A34.

I do not foresee many changes from the last few years. We may change the restaurant for “Let’s do Lunch”. The “Rally Bags” are really Joyce’s project, but I am concerned that some people may think it is getting too expensive. If you are planning to attend this year, please let me know what you think.
For those who do not know about the “Rally Bags” Here is my explanation:

Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can, if you wish, add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our “treasures”. It should not be a burden so remember to keep it simple and fun.

That is all I have for now.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting the new people who are signed up.

Tom
Old 04-06-2018, 04:39 PM   #9

Colorado
Site A21

Hi Tom
Mike & I have reservations for Site A021. Looking forward to it. Thanks for expaining the "Rally Bag" I was not aware of it.

Thanks
Marsha Beck & Mike Murt.
Old 05-15-2018, 10:47 AM   #10

Nothing much to report other than that only a handful of people responded to my request for input on keeping the “Rally Bags”. The total vote was 4 in favor of retaining them and 1 to eliminate. Based on a very small voter turnout, we will continue to have the “Rally Bags”. The “participate as much or as little as you want” philosophy does apply to the “Rally Bags”. Each rig will have a bag on the table, however, you are not required to participate. You are not required to contribute to the bags or even to take your rig’s bag.

I have been ask to provide a list of those who are attending. There are several reserved sites that I do not have names for. Also, I do not post the list on a public forum so the only way you will receive the list is through a mailing. If you would like a copy of the list you must be on my mailing list.

Looking forward to seeing you in September. Have a great summer full of camping.

Tom
Old 07-05-2018, 01:32 PM   #11

Kansas Eggstravaganza July Update

Kansas Eggstravaganza July Update

Not much to update this month. So far I have heard of no cancellations. That means that all reserved sites all full. I did have one rig add-in on a site for the pre rally with plans to move to an open first come site for the rally.

We have 35 rigs signed up. There are 2 sites reserved by persons unknown.

With just over two months until the rally you might think Joyce and I are really busy getting ready, but you would be wrong. If you have a copy of any recent prior agenda you could just about use it for this year. I am throwing in a couple small changes.

We need to pick a place for Let’s do lunch. We could go back to Stacy’s (where we went last year), return to El Tapatio (where we have gone all the other years) or try someplace new. Let me know your thoughts.

I hope all of you are out enjoying the camping season. If you are I am jealous. I am stuck at home recovering from surgery. For the last few days I have been able to get out around town for a little bit. Even made it to the fireworks show last night. No long road trips, no riding the lawn mower, no lifting over 10 pounds. The doctor says another 3-4 weeks before I am back to full activities.

I will send out the agenda and roster along with any updates mid to late August.

Until we meet in September, Happy Camping,
Tom
Old 08-24-2018, 12:52 PM   #12

August Update

August is rolling right along and September will be here before you know it. So will Eggstravaganza XI (11). So far 2 cancellations and 1 addition. If you do need to cancel please give me a couple days’ heads up before cancelling your reservation through Reserve America. That way I can alert the people planning to find a first come site.

We finally selected the restaurant for “Let’s do Lunch”. We had two others in mind that didn’t work out. The first could not handle a group our size ordering off the menu. They could have set up a buffet, but I didn’t want to have to select the meal for everyone. The second closes from 1:30 to 4:00. I thought about asking if they were interest in serving our group at 1:30, but the food was disappointing.

Joyce and I finally found our contribution to the “Rally Bags”

For those who do not know about the “Rally Bags” Here is my explanation:
We share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. There will be a bag for each Rig so you can add something to each bag if you wish. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover our “treasures”. It should not be a burden so remember to keep it simple and fun.

The “participate as much or as little as you want” philosophy does apply to the “Rally Bags”. Each rig will have a bag on the table, however, you are not required to participate. You are not required to contribute to the bags or even to take your rig’s bag.

Other than ordering the pizza and picking up the ice cream, I think we are as ready as we ever are. We are looking forward to seeing all of you in September.

The agenda and roster have been sent out to those on my mailing list.

Tom & Joyce
Old 08-24-2018, 02:01 PM   #13

Colorado
Agenda

Hi Tom I didn’t get the agenda my email address is mcbeck1190@mac.com we are in A21 Thanks Marsha
Old 08-28-2018, 09:15 AM   #14

Name: Corky
Trailer: 2014 Scamp 16ft.
Illinois
Hi Tom we got a site Sunday to Wed. will try to get a walk in sit the rest of the week. Corky & Darlene.
Courtland PieperCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #15
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
Greetings!

I am on my way home from the Boler 50th event that was held in Winnipeg. I would love to join your party if you are agreeable!
Questions:
What time is check in time?
Do you arrive at the park and drive around until you find a spot then go pay someplace? Or do you pay first then drive around looking for a place?

JLynn
tua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tua View Post
I am on my way home from the Boler 50th event that was held in Winnipeg. I would love to join your party if you are agreeable!
Questions:
What time is check in time?
Do you arrive at the park and drive around until you find a spot then go pay someplace? Or do you pay first then drive around looking for a place?

JLynn
Typical COE campground. If the gatehouse is open they can tell you what sites are available. If they are not open just look for a site without a reserved tag on it. All sites except for the first come sites are reserved for the rally. There may be a cancellation or two prior to the start. Gatehouse opens at 5:00 pm on weekdays and is open all day on weekends. Campsite fees will need to be paid at the gatehouse. Looking forward to meeting you.
Old 11-27-2018, 03:18 PM   #17
tua

Name: Traveler
Trailer: Happier Camper
Utah
A GREAT THANK YOU to ALL!!!

Thank you ALL for welcoming me to Kansas and such a GREAT Rally!
(Sorry it took me so long to say this!_)

I can tell you that I used almost EVERYTHING in my bag of goodies all the way! What a wonder treat that was because it made me remember you all!

Hope to see you again next year....with OUT the need for the electric tennis rackets!

JLynn
in the Happier Camper
tua is offline   Reply With Quote