WA 2018, Sept 19-22: 2018 SAFE -- Seattle Area Fall Event, Dash Point State Park - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2018, 10:13 AM   #41

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Carolyn:
Old 09-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #42

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Some of the trailers. Sorry I didn't get all of them. So sad we screwed up our booking. We had a great time. Hope to see all of you in the future.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_101421.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	124868Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_101852.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	173.4 KB
ID:	124869Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_101911.jpeg
Views:	10
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	124870Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105230.jpeg
Views:	9
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	124871Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105245.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	124872Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105259.jpeg
Size:	175.6 KB
ID:	124873Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105312.jpeg
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	124874Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105434.jpeg
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	124875Click image for larger version

Name:	20180922_105521.jpeg
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	124876
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #43

Name: Carolyn
Trailer: Scamp 13
Washington
SAFE 2018

Hi Steve and Sophie... sad you had to leave and thanks for posting the photos!
Carolyn N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:24 AM   #44

Registry
Hi, Steve and Sophie, Good to meet you both! Steve, what a lot of good work you've done on your trailer!

Sorry to see you go.

Thank you for posting the pictures! We looked at them while sitting around the potluck campfire.

BEST
Kathleen
(Kai / "K" / nicknames )
Old 09-23-2018, 02:02 PM   #45

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Kai and Paul. I found your welcome mat and a safety chain at your site after you left. I put them in Dave's wood box and placed it by his table. Had a great time. We loved meeting all of you and seeing what you have done with your trailers.
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:12 PM   #46

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Kai and Paul. I found your welcome mat and a safety chain at your site after you left. I put them in Dave's wood box and placed it by his table. Had a great time. We loved meeting all of you and seeing what you have done with your trailers.
I do have the mat and chain. We'll figure out ow to reunite you with them.

Thank you so much for your organization of another successful SAFE. Sorry you had to leave early. I hope your pup is doing ok.
Dave Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:38 PM   #47

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Really sad we couldn't have stayed for the pot luck.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:17 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
Really sad we couldn't have stayed for the pot luck.

No ptomain for you.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:47 AM   #49

Registry
Hello, all!

It was a good group and a good event. Thanks to all for help and support.

Nimble's sleeping again. She slept all the way home, all night and all the next day. We carried her outside (she was limp & doing that "controlling gravity" thing pugs do when they don't want to be lifted) and finally in the late afternoon she took care of "all her business." (A relief to all of us.) She's gotten lost in the house and yard several times since we got back.

I just called our vet, who knows her, and said, "Well, she's old; she hasn't got long."
We won't take her away from home again.

It's hard to realize how time passes. We held in the palm of our hand when she was born...it wasn't long ago.

Very much enjoyed meeting you all; glad to see those we recognized again.

Thanks for noticing what we forgot. Paul has another chain--he uses that one in a loop on the ground to keep the tongue wheel from rolling.

We'll send an update in 3 months in time to get your reservations. If we could all book within spitting distance of site 34, we could claim that whole area. It's super for a limited number of us.

You can let anyone you like know about the gathering, but it is a small park and we can't accommodate very many...nothing like Taidnapam or the NOGS, which are held in beautifully expansive parks. Dash Point won't handle that size gathering. We looked for two months in 2017, but while there are several campgrounds within fifty miles of Seattle, we didn't find even one that could properly handle a large group.

Dash Point has a group camp area that holds 12 rigs but it has no electricity.

I thought our few rigs and twelve people this year was a lovely number...we had good visiting and it wasn't over-crowded. Everyone was able to meet and visit with everyone else.

May we meet again-- someday, somewhere!
Perhaps next year at the SAFE should the world turn that way.

BEST
Kathleen
"K"
Old 09-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #50

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
She's gotten lost in the house and yard several times since we got back.

I just called our vet, who knows her, and said, "Well, she's old; she hasn't got long."
We won't take her away from home again.
BEST
Kathleen
"K"

We discovered Charly the beagle curled up in places we had never seen her before. Came to realize that she was hiding to protect herself as she died ( which we knew was coming ). Finally took her to the vet for the last time. Only regret is that we didn't do it sooner.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #51

Name: John
Trailer: Shopping
Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
It's that time of year!

Reservations are open for the 2018 SAFE

Seattle Area Fall Event

At Dash Point State Park

Kai in Seattle, Hostess, has Site #34 for September 19, 20, 21, & 22
(Kathleen, Paul, and the pug girls) (Best group campfire ring in the park!)

Once again, we will have:

Weenie Roast Friday evening at Site 34 Campfire Ring at 6 PM
Open House Saturday from 10 AM - noon-ish
Dog Tricks & Costumes, Central Field by Restrooms 2:30 PM
Potluck Dinner at Site 34 Campfire Ring at 6 PM
Followed by Intros and Gift Draw

:

welcome2:
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU THERE!

NOW LET'S HOPE HOPE FOR GOOD WEATHER!

NOTE: There were quite a few empty campsites last year...don't be afraid to call the park closer to the date and ask!

1-888-226-7688

BEST
Kai
Hi all!
I am brand new to the list as of this moment. I do not have a small fiberglass RV yet, but am actively looking. I see I just missed this last event :-(. I am finding it hard to actually find ones to look at! I can't find dealers in the area that carry any.

Can folks contact me if you would be amenable to allowing me to look at yours? I live near Kent, WA (Covington actually) and am willing to travel throughout the Seattle metro area. I have a RAV4 so limited to 1500 Lbs towing. I am kind of interested in a Scamp or maybe the Meerkat but if you have something similar, I'd love to see it.
Thanks. John 253-334-6779 or johnhed.wa@gmail.com
theheds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 02:34 PM   #52

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by theheds View Post
Hi all!
I am brand new to the list as of this moment. I do not have a small fiberglass RV yet, but am actively looking. I see I just missed this last event :-(. I am finding it hard to actually find ones to look at! I can't find dealers in the area that carry any.

Can folks contact me if you would be amenable to allowing me to look at yours? I live near Kent, WA (Covington actually) and am willing to travel throughout the Seattle metro area. I have a RAV4 so limited to 1500 Lbs towing. I am kind of interested in a Scamp or maybe the Meerkat but if you have something similar, I'd love to see it.
Thanks. John 253-334-6779 or johnhed.wa@gmail.com
Don't forget, that 1,500 lb limit includes the gear you put into the trailer including food, clothes. You also have to e
Watch the total weight of what is inside the car including passengers.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #53

Registry
John,

We'd be happy to let you see Peanut, but naked inside and out it weighs 1997 pounds, so no likelihood there. BUT...if you can figure out how, like in "forums" at the top of the page, make a new thread and ask the whole FGRV group.

PM us if you'd like to see Peanut, but it's quite different/bigger than the sizes that might work for you. Also, go to search and type in the bottom, Trailer Weights in the Real World to see a great list of how much some of these eggs weigh.

As k corbin pointed out, that 1500 pounds must include all you put into the trailer, every toothpick...those weights in that thread were loaded for camping.

Don't believe what a seller tells you unless it's a certified weight of some kind and you see the certificate. They may well give you official "curb" weight or "dry" weight and that's not realistic at all. Also, tongue weight matters--a lot.

Good luck with it all!

BEST
Kathleen
"K"
Old 09-25-2018, 02:01 PM   #54

Registry
Kai, very glad to hear that Nimble is doing better. We could really tell you were having a difficult time as we all would under the same circumstances. In spite of all, you and Paul did a wonderful job of making everyone feel welcome. We wish you all well.
Steve and Cheri
Old 09-25-2018, 02:10 PM   #55

Registry
PS for those who asked about the weight of my Oxygen I got home and looked it up to be sure. The dry weight is 946 kg or just under 2100 lbs. LOL, In other words I was way off and just repeated what I had been told.
Old 09-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #56

Registry
Hi, Steve, RE: Oxygen weight--how much did you think it was? I hadn't heard. And that 2100--is that fully loaded?

Peanut is 1997 "dry" or "curb" or "empty." Certified for WA State license purposes.

Loaded for 2 people & 2 dogs for 28 days it was 2800 but other short trips it's been 2200 or thereabouts. (I think we overpacked!)

BEST

Kathleen

"K"
Old 09-25-2018, 04:07 PM   #57

Registry
Not sure what the loaded weight is but I originally thought the dry weight was in the 1500lb or 1600lb range. After some discussions at the rally we pretty much determined that the Oxygen has a double hull. That's why I looked up the weight when I got home as there is no way it could be the lighter weight if it is double hull.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:20 PM   #58

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
If you don't need the back seats in your car leave them at home when you tow the trailer. Seats are very heavy! Taking them out means you can store more stuff in the car instead of in the trailer. That lowers your tow weight even if not the overall weight. Or it might even reduce both depending on the weight of your stuff.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 06:52 PM   #59

Washington
Could someone tell me how to respond to a specific message ... i,e, I see the italicized messages responding to someone but all I know how to do is click on the little box and then the message ends up way above the one I am replying to,...???
Old 09-25-2018, 06:55 PM   #60

Washington
To the person talking about getting a Scamp to tow with SUV with 1500 limit... not really possible! could not stay under 1500 with the Scamp plus what you put in it! Sorry to be negative but also I understand there are implications about insurance...

Tags
fall