MI 2018, Sept 7,8,9. The 7th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2018, 10:08 AM   #61

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
It’s with a great sadness that I report the death of mu elder son last night. He was a wonderful-son, a professional musician and teacher of music, both privately and at Cornerstone University. Next month Ann and I will still be attending what Dan called the fiberglass cult trailer rally at Algonac.
Hi: rgrugg... Certainly shocked to read this. Our condolences to your family.
Regards Alf& Mary Anne Stacey
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:23 PM   #62

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Quote:
It’s with a great sadness that I report the death of mu elder son last night. He was a wonderful-son, a professional musician and teacher of music, both privately and at Cornerstone University. Next month Ann and I will still be attending what Dan called the fiberglass cult trailer rally at Algonac.
Bob, I am so very sorry to read this news. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I loved hearing about your son's love of music.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #63

Registry
Just a little less than 3 weeks away! We have 30 campers reserved, and I'm sure we will increase that number some more by the time the weekend arrives. Map has been updated in post #1.
Looking forward to seeing you all at Algonac
Old 08-20-2018, 03:22 PM   #64

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Cheryl and myself both want to offer our heartfelt condolences for your loss.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #65

Michigan
Logo items for order https://www.zazzle.com/drccac/products

Every year I throw a few shirts and items up on Zazzle with this logo and the current year. The first year it was called the Glassic (fiberglass & classic combined) Egg Scramble.

I leave the items open for people to customize with different styles and colors, as well as add text. There are a couple of things to be aware of.

The logo with the black circle has a round white background so the line art and lettering will show up on dark items. The logo without the round black border has a transparent background and is only visible on light colored items.

Logos on buttons are small, mugs are medium, shirts logos are large in case you wanted to use the image on a different item.

I do a few items because I want to buy them, added a few variations of styles and colors with the logo pre-positioned in case someone else wants one. Then put the setting in most cases to allow you to change items or colors. Example; the ladies logo shirt if selected allows you to customize by adding text, changing styles, or colors. Customize from basic t-shirt to hoodie.

I do often lock the colors to light or dark as appropriate to the logo image background.

This year I bought myself a burgundy shirt with 2018 logo on the front and "Schnauzer Dad" on the back. One year I made one with text on the back of "Scamp 77" like a sports jersey would have a player name and number.

If you have trouble just hit my name in the profile next to the post and send me a message. I'll add the logo to some other item if you want. I also have the past versions with the year going back to the first rally.

Full disclosure I make between 25 cents and a buck and change on the items purchased. Last year it was $6 and change which I put toward this years purchase.

Last thing. Right now Zazzle is taking about a week to deliver common items I ordered so if you want it for the rally not a lot of time to order.

Below you can see how the white background image has black border.
Attached Thumbnails
Glassic_Egg_Scramble_round_sm.png   Glassic_Egg_Scramble_square_sm.png  

Old 08-21-2018, 08:19 AM   #66

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Bob, Cindy and I are very sorry for the loss of your son.
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 07:23 PM   #67

Name: Michelle
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Hi, new member here! Recently became the owner of a 1990 Scamp, 16 ft. This will be my maiden voyage, so I'm looking forward to meeting you folks, sharing ideas, and any suggestions! Oh i'll be on site 135!
Michwill01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 02:43 PM   #68

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michwill01 View Post
Hi, new member here! Recently became the owner of a 1990 Scamp, 16 ft. This will be my maiden voyage, so I'm looking forward to meeting you folks, sharing ideas, and any suggestions! Oh i'll be on site 135!
I'm adding you to the map, Michelle
Old 08-25-2018, 05:41 AM   #69

Name: John & Willow
Trailer: 1977 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Registry
Willow & John will be at site 121 with our Trillium 4500 - we are first timers so be easy on us!
Harrisjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 09:05 AM   #70

Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrisjo View Post
Willow & John will be at site 121 with our Trillium 4500 - we are first timers so be easy on us!
Fear not, we are mostly too busy relaxing to be "hard" on anyone. Or in my case too lazy.

Once the awning is set and my lawn chair positioned you would have to come over pull up a chair and give yourself a hard time and I'll just bear witness for you.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:28 PM   #71

Name: john
Trailer: 13 ft. scamp
Michigan
Algonac State park

John and Linda will be on site 136 fri sat and sun. We will see you then.Have Fun
john z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:49 PM   #72

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
a few more folks

Hi Pam,

Don't forget Doug and Linny (site 60), John (site 52), Bob and Sue (site 55), Tom and Joanne (site 72), Pat and Linda (site 140), Patricia and Dale (site 71), Jay and Sarah (site 127), and Ken and Bonnie (site 129)!!

Thanks,
John
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:07 PM   #73

Registry
Whoooeee! One week out and I head to Algonac. Cant wait!
Ive updated the map, please let me know if I've missed you!
Old 09-05-2018, 10:17 AM   #74

Registry

Friday night stop by my site (63) for meet & greet at 7:30. I'll have the maps printed out. Bring chairs if you want to sit a bit!

Potluck at the picnic pavilion at 6:30pm saturday night. The shelter is at the south end of the park in the picnic area. We'll have shade if its sunny and be under cover if it rains

Remember to bring an unwrapped prize for the gift exchange after pot luck on Saturday night! We'll draw site numbers for them. $15-ish price max.

And most of all, feel free to stop in anywhere to say Hi as you walk the park. This weekend is all about relaxing, visiting, boat watching, and no schedules.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:49 PM   #75

Name: PJ
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Ontario
Hi Pam,
Fairly new members, Pat & Joyce will be at Site 73.
PJ in ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #76

Name: Tammy
Trailer: In the market
Michigan
My husband & I do not own a camper (Lil Snoozie) yet. We live near Algonac State Park and was wondering if anyone has a Lil Snoozie that we can view/tour on Saturday. We are strongly interested in buying one but have not seen one in person. 😊 Could we join you on Saturday evening at the pavilion?
Tlove2dance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 03:18 PM   #77

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Scamp / 2004 Honda Odyssey
Pam said she does not know of any Snoozy trailers coming this year.

You are very welcome to come visit us.

Nancy
Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:21 PM   #78

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Many thanks to Pam Garlow for organizing another great rally.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:56 PM   #79

Registry
Wow, another one in the bag! It was breezy and blustery, but no rain! We had alllllmost 50 campers!! We had more Escape Campers than I’ve ever seen at the rally. The HC1 Happier Camper was in attendance, as well as Scamps small, medium, and biggest. Canada’s favorite campers, the boler and Trillium were well represented. Bigfoots, Uhauls, Casitas, EggCampers and the one and only Liberty VanCompanion also attended. I wish I could have stopped at everyone’s egg to say hello and tour your rigs!
The picnic shelter worked out perfectly for the potluck. ButI couldn’t sweet talk the ranger into letting me reserve it when I left, so I’ll be haunting the website, waiting for the reservation date to become active.

As always it’s the attendees that make it successful. Between awesome food, awesome conversations, and awesome camper tours, the rally was totally ,,,, awesome

Thanks to my tablecloth crew, everyone who pitched in on cleanup duty, DJ Weaherbee for being our announcer, and Tim Pilon for the dinner prayer.
I hope you all have a fabulous fall and keep on happy camping until next year. Same time, same place, just a year later
Old 09-10-2018, 08:27 AM   #80

Name: FarmerDoug
Trailer: Escape19
Michigan
Another great Algonac rally

Thank you Pam for organizing the Egg Scramble, in spite of the constant strong wind from the north, we had a great time. Sometimes a river front site may not be our best choice when a north wind is blowing down the river. See you all next year

Doug and Linny
Escape 19
Ourescape19 is offline   Reply With Quote