MI 2018, Sept 7,8,9. The 7th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-06-2017, 02:46 PM   #1

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
2018, Sept 7,8,9. The 7th Annual Algonac Glassic Egg Scramble

Rally Weekend - Fri Sept 7-Sun Sept 9.
Map is updated (9-4-18) in this post!
Here is the link to the state park reservation site:
https://www.midnrreservations.com/
Agenda:
Friday night meet and greet at my site (63)
Saturday night pot luck at the Picnic Shelter 6:30-ish
Prize Draw - bring an unwrapped item, camping or otherwise and we will draw site numbers for prizes.
As always, lots of free time to visit and explore.
PotLuck Dinner Location - People voted for reserving Algonac's Picnic Shelter for Saturday's potluck (Sept 8) after we got drenched this past year (yikes). So last year before I checked out, I reserved the shelter.
The total cost was $108 including reservation fee.
Some of you pre-paid $5 each last year, thanks. We will collect from others this year at the rally. It was suggested that any extra money could be used to purchase paper plates, plastic ware, and napkins to reduce the amount of stuff that everyone needs to bring down to the pavilion. Once we have a head count, I can figure out how much extra we will have.
We have the shelter for the whole day, so we can also utilize it for other things as well.
Ideas - What if we hold a table sale / trade for our group? (we can't advertise or sell to the other campers). Maybe morning sometime (or dinner time?) If anyone wants to organize something, just let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture 9-4-18.JPG  
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 10:13 AM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
ALGONAC Glassic egg scramble

Thanks, Pam, for all the work you do to make this a success every year!! The Pavillion idea sounds great to me. Maybe we could shift our camp ground locations to the south end of the park in order to be closer to the Pavillion.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postman View Post
Thanks, Pam, for all the work you do to make this a success every year!! The Pavillion idea sounds great to me. Maybe we could shift our camp ground locations to the south end of the park in order to be closer to the Pavillion.
Its my pleasure, and I love camping with this group. With regards to the campsite locations, I had considered the south side of the park so I strolled around that end of the park. I have to say that it felt more crowded and noisy than the north end we are at. The restroom is also at least one street further back which would force many people who need proximity to park further from the water views. I'm sure we would still have to drive to the pavilion from the southern sites. But if enough people express interest in trying out the south end, we have time for discussions.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: Scamp
Michigan
Those are good points, Pam. I hadn't thought of them.
Postman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:22 AM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
What about the area just next to and south of the newer restroom building but not in the loop to the south?
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 PM   #6

Trailer: 1980 Trillium 4500
Registry
Where is it located???

I read your post and we are eggheads and as we all know not the brightest. But where is your event taking place and do you have to be a member or what? We are trillium 4500 owners and spend our summers in Michigan and are looking for some places to go and enjoy with other eggs. >(*:*)<
ROBERT ONEILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:15 AM   #7

Name: Tom
Trailer: Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT ONEILL View Post
I read your post and we are eggheads and as we all know not the brightest. But where is your event taking place and do you have to be a member or what? We are trillium 4500 owners and spend our summers in Michigan and are looking for some places to go and enjoy with other eggs. >(*:*)<
Robert, the Annual Glassic Egg Scramble is open to all owners and fans of fiberglass eggs. All brands are welcome. You'll see other Trilliums in attendance. It is located at the Algonac State Park in Southeast MI. along the St Clair River. It's a great place for watching freighters from around the world. Canada is on the other side of the river, and many of the attendees hail from there. If you decide to join us, the group congregates on the sites near the river on the north end of the park. Reservations can be made 6 months in advance. More info will be coming. It's a good time for all. Hope to see you there!

Tom
TomK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:06 PM   #8

Registry
Hello Algonac Peeps! I know that its still cold and snowy here in Michigan, and the river views are a bit 'frosty'. BUT spring is just around the corner! And so is the 6 month (march) reservation date for Algonac. If you want a special site, be ready 6 months out at 8am when the reservation link is activated. I'm calculating out March 9 (Friday) to reserve for Friday Sep 7. Move the date up accordingly to stay longer!

There have been some discussions about possibly shifting to the south end of the park to camp. For this year, I'd like to 'hold' to our northern location for and then while we are camping this fall, lets take a close look at the south end so we can decide as a group if we want to make any changes. I'd welcome other input as well.

Here's the Michigan State Park reservation link (also the first post in this thread) https://www.midnrreservations.com/
Attached Thumbnails
Algonac winter.JPG  
Old 01-17-2018, 12:22 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Hello Algonac Peeps! I know that its still cold and snowy here in Michigan, and the river views are a bit 'frosty'. BUT spring is just around the corner! And so is the 6 month (march) reservation date for Algonac. If you want a special site, be ready 6 months out at 8am when the reservation link is activated. I'm calculating out March 9 (Friday) to reserve for Friday Sep 7. Move the date up accordingly to stay longer!

There have been some discussions about possibly shifting to the south end of the park to camp. For this year, I'd like to 'hold' to our northern location for and then while we are camping this fall, lets take a close look at the south end so we can decide as a group if we want to make any changes. I'd welcome other input as well.

Here's the Michigan State Park reservation link (also the first post in this thread) https://www.midnrreservations.com/
Wouldn’t the south end be a little warmer ,sorry with these cold temperatures it’s all I can think of.
Attached Files
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Wouldn’t the south end be a little warmer ,sorry with these cold temperatures it’s all I can think of.
brrrrr!! I'm so ready for warm weather!
Old 01-17-2018, 01:50 PM   #11

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
It’s pretty nice right now in AZ. Glad I’m not home.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:49 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
It’s pretty nice right now in AZ. Glad I’m not home.

Yeah, be really glad you are not here, Bob! It's been way too cold ever since before Christmas.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:14 PM   #13

Name: FarmerDoug
Trailer: Escape19
Michigan
We are planning to attend

Hi,
Linda and I will be attending again this year, but in our new Escape 19. Hope to see you all again.

Doug & Linny
Ourescape19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 07:01 PM   #14

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Dang has it been 7 years. How time flies when you doing camper maintenance and "field testing". On the 6 month point from start of reservation or end of reservation? I forget. Mostly I don't stay in those high falutin places where they have reservations and all that. :-)

New addition to our family this year. Another Schnauzer joined the clan. I wanted to name her Demon Spawn but Cheryl held out for Binka. But "you evil monkey" gets added by both of us from time to time.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 04:44 PM   #15

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
Dang has it been 7 years. How time flies when you doing camper maintenance and "field testing". On the 6 month point from start of reservation or end of reservation? I forget. Mostly I don't stay in those high falutin places where they have reservations and all that. :-)
New addition to our family this year. Another Schnauzer joined the clan. I wanted to name her Demon Spawn but Cheryl held out for Binka. But "you evil monkey" gets added by both of us from time to time.
I like Binka! ...but I'm sure you mutter other things under your breath

With regards to the reservation, its the 6 month point at 8am, not sure if its the exact same 'date' or the exact same 'day in the week'. I always have to get closer to March to calculate it out. My mind is not what it used to be.

It is pretty cool, that we've been gathering at Algonac for 7 years, now! What started out as a 'lets go camping together' suggestion between FGRV members has turned into an 'event'. So glad that we are keeping up the tradition.
And I'm always looking forward to seeing everyone.
Congrats Doug and Lin on your new Escape 19!
Old 01-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #16

Name: FarmerDoug
Trailer: Escape19
Michigan
Pam, We enjoyed the rally last year, It is partly your fault, that we ordered an Escape. Lin and I went to see Bob Ruggles, Escape and Lin said she wanted one! We sold our Scamp 16 to the first person to see it. I will contact the buyer and tell him about the Algonac rally. Lin will make a large pot of Chicken Soup to share.
Ourescape19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:47 PM   #17

Name: Sally & Marty
Trailer: EggCamper (EggBert)
Michigan
Registry
Marty and I are planning to be there and have had it on the calendar for months. We like the campsites in the north end but it won't hurt to take a look at the other campsites. I believe we have always made our reservations on same day number in March as the arrival day. Stay warm and see you soon! It will be September before we know it.

Thanks, Pam, for all you do to organize this. We are looking forward to the potluck under the pavilion.

Sally (& Marty) in EggBert
Sally&Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:19 PM   #18

Registry
3 Weeks Away from Reservation Day! ...If you are coming in on Friday that is. But I'm coming in sooner, so woot woot, for me less than 3 weeks!

Did ya get yer Boat Nerd on yet? Daily Great Lakes and Seaway Shipping News - BoatNerd.Com Find out about the freighters, the history, the schedules!!

How about a trip up to Algonac, enjoy the wind and the waves but never get cold or seasick. Close up and personal with the freighters, too.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:58 PM   #19

Registry
One week out!!! Get ready to go for your fav site!
Old 03-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #20

Registry
I seem to have started a small collection of coleman lanterns (and stoves). Bring your lantern to Algonac, and we can have a light up!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9604.jpg   IMG_9475.jpg