TN 2019, April 11-14: Gathering in Townsend, TN? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

Name: Gary
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
Tennessee
2019, April 11-14: Gathering in Townsend, TN?

For the last several years, there has been a "gathering" of fiberglass campers at the KOA in Townsend, TN. sometime in April. I'm not sure it was really a rally as such, just a group of "eggs" getting together for a few days.
Does anyone know anything about this? Is it going to be held this year? We would be interested in going.
Thanks! :
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 10:11 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
April 11-14 2019

I see this info on the Eggcamping website. April 11-14 2019, KOA Townsend
Attached Thumbnails
Eggcamping.JPG  
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 11:02 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
I'm booked for the gathering, along with friends with a Scamp. Will spend most of the week before at Cades Cove in the park.
Jon Vermilye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:39 PM   #4

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp Side Dinette and 2005 Fleetwood (Coleman) Taos pop-up / 2004 Dodge Dakota QuadCab and 2008 Subaru Outback
Registry
One of these years we plan to make it since it's only a day's drive from our home in GA. Seems we keep ending up at the Bluebonnet rally in TX at the same time due to spending Easter there with one of our kids and my wife's family being an extra draw. This year we will also be in TX to greet our future Granddaughter in April. :-)
Maybe next year!
radar1-scamping.blogspot.com
Radar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #5

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
As Jon mentioned, a few days before or after at Cades Cove is a nice idea. And if you have a senior NP pass, camping there is really cheap (its cheap regardless, but 50% off it is an even better deal).
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 AM   #6

Name: Gary
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21'
Tennessee
Thanks for the information.
We are only about an hour away and are interested in going. Is there a pre-registration?
We went several years ago for a day, just before we bought our Casita and got a lot of useful information. We now have a 21' Escape and would like to join other "eggs" for a few days.
Hopefully we'll see some of you there. 👍
gwvwadc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM   #7

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwvwadc View Post
Thanks for the information.
We are only about an hour away and are interested in going. Is there a pre-registration?
We went several years ago for a day, just before we bought our Casita and got a lot of useful information. We now have a 21' Escape and would like to join other "eggs" for a few days.
Hopefully we'll see some of you there. ��
No registration; it is completely unorganized, although there has always been a pot luck & group photo). Be sure to tell the KOA that you are with the group - I believe they are still giving a discount...

Here are some photos from last year, with links to previous years.
Old 01-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #8

Registry
+1 very nice discount from KOA. I’m usually a KOA banshee but this is a very nice one and away from the Pigeon Forge mess, yet super close to an entrance to the National Park (less than a mile as I recall).
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #9

Name: Rich
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot Fifth Wheel
Texas
Townsend TN! There is a coffee roaster in Townsend that roasts coffee as good as my home roast. I think it's the the Artistic Bean or something. If you love coffee to have to try their products. It's right next to the large, cleanest laundromat I've ever seen.

Townsend is a tiny place, so having these is a real asset.

BTW I'm an amateur home coffee roaster that loves good coffee. I found this place by accident after visiting the Smoky Mountain NP. Me esposa says I should try to make it to this gathering. Hmmm! Houston to Townsend... that's a long way to go for a good cup of coffee! I think she's just trying to get me out of the house.
Rich Ess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #10

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Sounds like an excellent stop on the way to Guntersville, AL for the Oliver Rally in early May. And a chance to tour the Oliver factory in Hohenwald TN.
Old 02-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #11

Name: Mel
Trailer: N/A
Tennessee
Best Automated Phone Menu Option

Just called this KOA to make our reservation. They have the best automated phone menu option I have heard. If you want a smile, call their number and select option 4. Not a scam. Just funny.
Mel MF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #12

Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003 16 ft
Registry
It is on the 2019 google rally map with details. (See the sticky in the rally section on this site.) Zoom in on Tennessee and there's a "trailer" on Townsend. Click it.
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Steve L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:51 PM   #13

Name: Dean
Trailer: Casita
Kentucky
Registry
Laura and I will be there with Gibbs the Mississippi Maltese. We check in on 4/10 and check out on 4/16. Looking forward to it!!!
Old 04-13-2019, 04:27 PM   #14

Name: MJ
Trailer: Park Liner
GA
Smile Fiberglass campers at the KOA in Townsend, TN

Hey Everyone,

I am a new subscriber and just found this thread. Since I am interested in buying a f/g camper I was wondering if I would be allowed to come just to meet some f/g travel trailer owners, ask questions about them and possibly tour a few. Is this acceptable or bad form?

There is only one other f/g trailer that I have seen - an Oliver - and although it was nice and fancy I do not think it is the one for me. I am more interested in stepping inside a Casita 17 and a Scamp 16.

Many thanks,
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:58 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
MJ,
You will find that most owners of fiberglass trailers will gladly show you their home on wheels. Normally done on Saturday, when most owners are sitting by the fire or themselves are touring their neighbor's unit to copy any decorating ideas, that is the time for viewing. If he door is open just go up and knock, and welcome to the fiberglass side of life.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #16

Registry
Rally is going on right now, most will be leaving tomorrow so you would need to come now. Plenty of Casitas and Scamps here right now.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:43 PM   #17

Kentucky
Registry
Hi MJ,

Laura and I are here until Tuesday morning. You are welcome to see our ‘05 Casita 17’ Freedom Deluxe (Site 14). There were 27 eggs here. A couple left today. Many will leave tomorrow.

Weather looks a little rough tomorrow, so be careful.

Also, I noticed that you are from GA. You should plan on attending Eggs on the Hiawassee. It is the last couple of days of May and first couple of days of June. We will be there for about a week. I am guessing there will be about 100 egg campers there.

Take care,

Dean
Old 04-13-2019, 08:56 PM   #18

Name: MJ
Trailer: Park Liner
GA
Thanks, Dean. I am wrapping up some tasks now and plan to try and head out in the a.m. Hope I get there before everyone leaves. I will look for you two when I arrive. I was concerned about being perceived as invasive or snoopy. I have watched some YouTube meetup where people want/expect to show off their home on wheels but thought it best to ask before coming with that in mind.

Yes, I knew about the Hiawassee event but sure would like to have one of my own before then so I can officially attend ;-)
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 08:13 AM   #19

Registry
While I added a link at the Rallies section, for those have been following this thread, some photos from the 2019 12th Annual Southeast Spring Eggscursion, April 11 - 14, Townsend KOA, TN here.
Old 04-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #20

Kentucky
Registry
Hi All,

A very nice gathering!!! Just booked for next year. Only 6 eggs left hunkering down for a rainy day.

Dean