MI 2019, Aug.7-11: U.P. Michigan gathering - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2019, 02:23 PM   #1
Emb

Name: Elaine
Trailer: Scamp 16 ft. F-150
Michigan
2019, Aug.7-11: U.P. Michigan gathering

Hi all. Paula & I (from Arizona), along with JimP (from Illinois) will be in Lake Linden Village Campground near Torch Lake in the upper peninsula of Michigan, August 7th through the 11th, and would like to invite all interested to join us. The address is: Lake Linden Village Campground, 1050 Hiltunen St. Lake Linden Mi, 49945. Phone (906) 296-9911. This will be an informal gathering (no host), and as such, each person must register as an individual. I don’t know if this qualifies to be added to the Calendar Of Events or Rally Map, but if so, would a moderator please do so. We look forward to meeting new friends and perhaps catch up with old ones also.
Thanks
Dave & Paula
Reposting from messages to rallies. emb
Emb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 01:08 PM   #2

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Dave and Paula,
It’s great to see you’re putting together a gathering for molded fiberglass trailer owners.
Fiberglassrv.com expects you, the initial thread poster, to add your gathering to the calendar of events on this site. The Google rally map is independently managed through RV Compass (that would be me).

I’ll be happy to pin your gathering on the map within the next day. The announcement is quite short to the date of the event, so I encourage you to post as early as possible. This gives more people the time to plan to join you.

Have fun and I hope you have a great gathering!
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 11:09 PM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Thank you Hidalga for doing that for us. I didn’t know about the sites being independent. We are in Colorado right now, and will be heading toward the U.P.
Monday.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #4

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Dave, I hope you budget a little time for Porcupine Mountains SP along your way.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #5

Registry
Probably not this time Mike, as our schedule is really quite full, and we are running behind schedule. We have been broke down in Colorado Springs for over a week now awaiting a new engine installation.
Dave & Paula
Old 08-05-2019, 11:50 AM   #6

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
Probably not this time Mike, as our schedule is really quite full, and we are running behind schedule. We have been broke down in Colorado Springs for over a week now awaiting a new engine installation.
Dave & Paula
Yeow! That hurts. Is it the Wrangler, or your pickup? (If the latter, remind me what kind of pickup?)
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 10:59 PM   #7

Registry
1993 GMC 1/2 ton...185,000 miles and could have just replaced the lifters and cam, but for a few dollars more get a new motor from GM with a 100,000 mile warrantee;
Dave & Paula
Old 08-07-2019, 08:03 AM   #8

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Hi Dave and Paula, sorry to hear of your engine problem and hope things get sorted out soon. We really wish we could've met up with you two somewhere along the road but had so many things going on we couldn't firm up a schedule and just winged it. Maybe next time.

Al & Cindy
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #9

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Is this rally going on in 2020? If so - dates and location? Thanks all - B
Old 10-22-2019, 07:23 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsedwebt View Post
Is this rally going on in 2020? If so - dates and location? Thanks all - B
Bryan, we had the get together by letting people know that we would be in the area where the previous event was held the year before. It’s a really nice location. If nobody takes the reigns to get this going, perhaps you could head this up, making it work for YOUR schedule. We might be going to Michigan again in 2020, but our focus for next spring/summer will be Washington D.C.
Happy Trails
Dave & Paula
Old 01-05-2020, 01:38 PM   #11

Name: Bryan
Trailer: Casita "Cozy-Casa"
Central Virginia
Thanks for the suggestion. I am researching now for going to MI for the Port Sanilac classic RV, car and boat show the 3rd weekend of August. This is a Tin Can Tourist event but I have no idea where the campground they are staying in is. I am looking on the map and there is a campground 5 miles north of Port Sanilac and there is a nicer campground 55 miles north on the coast in Port Crescent MI that I am considering. IF we decide I will post here and maybe some fiberglass folks would decide to join us in an informal gathering August 10-15 to include morning coffee/light breakfasts, trip to the car/boat/RV show, sightseeing, potluck dinner, campfires in the evenings, etc... This is not upper MI but thumb area is still nice especially that time of year.