NY 2019, August 2-4: NE Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #1

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
2019, August 2-4: NE Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble

The fifth annual NE Eggbeaters Hudson River Ramble will be held at John and Nancy Alguire’s property in Mechicville New York just North of Albany. Address is “725 Hudson River Road, Mechanicville, New York. 12118.”
There are electric only hook ups for 13 campers ($6.00 per night). A $55.00 fee per egg will be collected to cover the cost of food. There is a water spigot available to fill your tank.
Weather permitting there will be a Pontoon Boat ride down the Hudson and through the Lock.
All Egg Campers are welcome and those interested in Fiberglass Campers are invited to come and check us out.
We will start taking registrations at the end of April when we get back from Arizona. We look forward to seeing you all on August 2nd thru the 4th. Until than I will try to answer any questions through this forum. Thank you John and Arleen Heck.
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #2

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Thanks for posting the dates so early. I attended this three years ago and have been trying to get back ever since. This is going to be my year.

Walt
Old 12-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #3

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Thanks for posting the dates so early. I attended this three years ago and have been trying to get back ever since. This is going to be my year.

Walt
We were looking for you last year Walt but as I Remember something cropped up. Hope to see you this year. John.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:05 AM   #4

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Yes thank you for the dates! This is the first year I'll be able to go and I was sad that I wasn't able to attend last year - other plans got in the way but now I have the dates early enough that I can plan.
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 08:30 AM   #5

Name: Diane
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
Connecticut
Registry
Fun!

Looking forward to this!
DHolhubner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:44 PM   #6

Name: Larry
Trailer: Casita17'Spirit Deluxe (aka: Tweaker's Casita)
Southwest Ohio
Registry
New York in the Summertime :-)

Standing by for the end of April.

Hopefully there will be a hint of warmer weather then (currently 0 & below here in Ohio).

Looking forward to the opportunity to return to NY in August!!
LarryB. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:01 AM   #7

Name: chris
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
We’re excited to come this year! We are so close to you in the Greenwich/Argyle area.
Nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:39 PM   #8

Name: Bernie
Trailer: Scamp
Indiana
We would love to join you in our 13 ft. Scamp. Hoping to get an electric hook up.
Bernie & Emily
BernR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #9

Massachusetts
Registry
Eagerly awaiting the opening of reservations. I can't wait until this Rally - sounds like a wonderful place!
Old 05-22-2019, 03:33 PM   #10

Name: Ken
Trailer: Acorn 13
Maryland
Hi Guys -- Hoping to join you again .. weather permitting - Ken - 13 ft Acorn , Elec appreciated ( keeps the beer cold ! ) - but not required ..Think I had the site closest to the river ( which was great ) the last time ... Looking forward to ano boat ride .
All the Best
Ken McQ
Baltimore MD
Ken Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:11 AM   #11

Name: davidandbobbi
Trailer: Casita
Florida
Is this rally full? WE would like to be involved.

David and Bobbi
Casita
davidandbobbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 03:23 PM   #12

Massachusetts
Registry
John and Nancy?

Gee I hope John and Nancy are OK. They said that they would open registration for this rally at the end of April when they were back from their trip. Does anyone know if they're OK?
Old 05-25-2019, 09:11 PM   #13

Name: donna
Trailer: 13 ft scamo deluxe
New Jersey
We would like to register for this rally but are not sure how to go about it. Hope they are ok. We're going to send a snail mail request. Anyone know of a better way?? Donna in south NJ. Ty
donnaeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 03:30 PM   #14

Florida
I sent them a private message but have heard nothing back. Does anyone know the Acguire's who's property the event is held on?
Old 05-28-2019, 12:05 PM   #15

Florida
news

Just heard back from Jheck....one of the hosts died but the rally is still happening. He is working to get registration set up. Just thought I would let people know....
Old 05-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #16

Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidandbobbi View Post
Just heard back from Jheck....one of the hosts died but the rally is still happening.
Oh no, that's so horrible! I'm amazed that the rally is still going to happen.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:36 AM   #17

New York
NE Eggbeaters Hudson River Ramble CANCELED

The rally is canceled for this year. I’m sad to announce that John Alguire who owned the property with his wife Nancy, passed away earlier this spring. My wife and I co-sponsored the event the last two years, but with my brother starting Hospice care this last week, sooner than expected, the decision has been made to cancel, at least for this year.
I want to thank everyone for your patience and understanding.

Now Nancy has said that if any of you still want to come and camp on the Hudson on that weekend you are still welcome to come. There will be no charge
Except if you want electricity it will still be $6.00 per night. (There 12 plugs) Food and entertainment will be at your own discretion. A little informal gathering if you will. If that is something you are interested in you can e-mail her at nalguire@yahoo.com and inform her of you arrival plans. Thank you John and Arleen Heck.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #18

Massachusetts
Registry
Sorry to hear that John & Arleen, but it's more than understandable. I wouldn't mind a little impromptu, informal, get-together there if anyone else is interested in going. Any one else interested?
Old 06-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #19

Name: Doris
VA
We are very sorry to hear the sad news. We had a good time last year. We might want to go to the gathering. We are headed that way around that time.
Jeweltea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 06:39 PM   #20

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
That's very sad news. I was looking forward to seeing Nancy and John again after a few years and enjoying their exceptional hospitality.
I'd love it if Nancy saw fit to renewing the rally in future years and wish her all the best.

Walt