AZ 2019, Feb 4-10: Quartzsite Gathering 2019 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-07-2019, 03:36 PM   #61

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Donna,
Good questions for those coming.
Jon is in the LTVA which is run by BLM and they provide those services. There are no services provided on the open BLM land where the gathering is. The trash dump we recommend is operated by the city of Quartzsite and not affected. Propane, water fills, and tank dumps are all done if needed at several commercial establishments in town.
Basically, we are business as usual for the Quartzsite Gathering whether the shutdown is on or off.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 03:39 PM   #62

Quartzsite Gathering Update

We're about a month out from the Quartzsite Gathering and looking forward to reconnecting with new and old friends at this unique event in the AZ desert. We will need wood for the central campfire, so as usual, anyone that can bring some wood to contribute it will be greatly appreciated and enjoyed.

We'll also need some volunteers for 2 hour shifts at the registration table during the week and the two judging committees for the Wiener Roast and Dessert competitions. Email info@scampowners.com or we'll also have sign up sheets at the registration table.

Activities: The Quartzsite Gathering is traditionally not highly scheduled with activities. The few activities we have are Happy Hour M-Th and the Friday and Saturday events. During the week folks get together in small groups, enjoy the desert, head to the flea markets, or out to lunch and/or dinner. Check the activity whiteboard at the host trailer for updated times and activities. All activities are subject to last minute changes. Make sure to register at the host trailer and pick up your 2019 Quartzsite Commemorative Button/Pin (quantities limited).
BYOB Happy Hour: to kick off the Quartzsite Gathering for early arrivals. Monday night Feb 4th. We will have an informal BYOB happy hour at the host trailer to get acquainted and start the week. Bring your chairs, favorite beverage and snacks. The Quartzsite Musicians (see next item) usually play M-TH at the Happy Hours.
Concerts with Pete, Jackie and our Quartzsite Musicians: Several days during the week we will be having an evening campfire at the host trailer with music by our good friends and musicians Pete and Jackie. Any aspiring musicians can join in to play along. Check the activity board for times and bring your chairs and favorite drinks and snacks over.
Friday Night Wiener Roast and Campfire: Starting at 4:30 pm join us at the central campfire for a brand new event - the Wiener Roast and campfire. Bring your pack of Hot Dogs, buns, any sides/condiments and your Wiener Roasting Sticks. We'll provide some tables if you want to share sides/condiments with others, a nice campfire to roast the wieners, and weather permitting, a beautiful Quartzsite sunset. We will have a judging committee and will be awarding prizes for the top three Wiener Roasting Sticks. Get in your workshops now and get busy cause you have about a month to build a winning Roasting stick!
Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering: See further details below under approved vendors.
Dessert in the Desert at the Saturday Night Campfire: Dessert Pot Luck at the central campfire. Starting at 4:30 pm everyone bring a favorite dessert to the tables at the central campfire, along with your chairs, for a taste of dessert while enjoying an awesome Quartzsite sunset. New this year we will have a judging committee and will be awarding prizes for the top three Desserts! Get your recipes in order and get ready for some Dessert competition.
Quartzsite Flea Markets: Throughout the town of Quartzsite, the Flea Markets run in the winter months during the influx of RV winter visitors and are quite interesting to spend a day or two rummaging around and finding treasures.

White Board: Check the white board at registration for all activities and approximate times. Change is a constant and we have had a few changes this year. We have ended the the Great Soup Thing so no soup needs to be brought this year. Our Laddermaster has officially retired after years of Ladderball service to the Molded Fiberglass community so there will be no Ladderball tournament this year as well.

Vendors: No outside vendors will be allowed without prior approval from the hosts. We are on BLM Land and their regulations do not allow vendors to sell goods on BLM Lands, so we have to be very careful on what is allowed.

Currently approved vendors:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dome Rock Swap Meet Quartzsite Gathering Saturday, Feb 11, 2017 8am - 10am:

This is your opportunity to recycle those camping items you no longer use!

SELLERS:
Items must be camping-related...basically anything having to do with RVing. This can also include books, CDs, electronics, etc. -- stuff you'd use when traveling. No clothing items, please.

Purchase a box of small envelopes at the Dollar Store (I'll also have some on hand).
On the front of the envelope, write: 1) Your name, 2) the item name, 3) the price, 4) your cell phone number
Affix the envelope to the item you wish to sell and leave your item(s) on one of the tables at the Swap Meet.
You must be willing to accept either cash or check.
Buyers will place their payment into the envelope and then deposit it into a box designated as PAYMENTS.
At 12 noon, sellers will be expected to come back to the tent to claim their payment(s) and/or item(s).
There will be a table for FREE STUFF. No envelopes necessary; however, the items must be camping-related and reclaimed by noon.
DO NOT LEAVE THOSE ITEMS FOR OTHERS TO DISPOSE OF!
If you have a table or ground cover we can use for a few hours to display items, please bring it along.
No need to stick around if you don't want to since someone will be there keeping an eye on things.
BUYERS:

Acceptable payments will be by cash (correct change appreciated) or check.
Buyers may write their name and cell number on the envelope before depositing it into the box if they have questions for the Seller.
MISCELLANEOUS
No outside vendors are permitted without permission from Greg A., the rally host.

A-Z Casita Owners Guide CDs and the following decals on hand: Jack Frame under Here, Battery Charge, and Fresh Water Tank Gauges.

Swap Meet Questions or suggestions? Email Eileen at lovemycasita17@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the Hosts:

Post any questions you have on this thread or to just say “Hello, we’ll be there”! We look forward to meeting many new friends and visiting with many old friends at one of the best gatherings of Molded Fiberglass Travel Trailers (All brands are welcome) in the country.
Old 01-07-2019, 04:23 PM   #63

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hopefully the wind does not pick up and turn the Dessert in the Desert event into a Desert in the Dessert event. [emoji41]
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:40 PM   #64

Name: Dianne
Trailer: Scamp
California
Ok, so I read somewhere that "s.o.b.'s" (some other brands) that are called "stickies" are also welcome. I've had a Casita and a Scamp in the past and now looking for another fiberglass trailer. Do I qualify (not sure, what is a stickie?) and could I come in my "clipper", at least it's not red...
curlupndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:45 PM   #65

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlupndi View Post
Ok, so I read somewhere that "s.o.b.'s" (some other brands) that are called "stickies" are also welcome. I've had a Casita and a Scamp in the past and now looking for another fiberglass trailer. Do I qualify (not sure, what is a stickie?) and could I come in my "clipper", at least it's not red...
I am sure an area of shame could be set up.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-09-2019, 12:25 AM   #66

Name: Dianne
Trailer: Scamp
California
Sounds like a rough crowd, lol! I think I'd better wait til I get my Scamp...
curlupndi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:02 AM   #67

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Jim's jerking your chain. Although the focus of the gathering is all-molded-towables, there are several attendees that have gone to the dark side for various reasons. Those people attended in the past and will continue to go even with their 'stickies.' Gatherings are less about what you tow and more about the people.

If you don't have your Scamp yet, you should still go. It's a terrific place to get modification ideas that you may wish to incorporate in your Scamp.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 07:40 AM   #68

Registry
Quote:
Oh yeah, a real nasty bunch.

As Donna and many others can attest too, the year I was waiting for my 5.0TA to be built I brought a sticky to a few rallies, including the Escape rally as well as a NOG. I was the recipient of a few friendly jests.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:44 AM   #69

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Jim's jerking your chain.p.
I tend to do this a bunch, don't I?

When I tell Lisa this is what I am doing her reply is always that she doesn't have a chain.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:11 AM   #70

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bedroom
Who is going to do the talking when the police arrive?
Bruce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:11 AM   #71

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Does anyone know offhand when the big RV show is happening?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 11:18 AM   #72

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Does anyone know offhand when the big RV show is happening?
A quick Google search shows it is happening the 19th to 27th of January.
The Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show :: Home

As we are leaving this weekend, it had been a thought to go, but then I really don't want anything, and it is likely to be quite the gong show.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:54 AM   #73

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
A quick Google search shows it is happening the 19th to 27th of January.
The Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show :: Home

As we are leaving this weekend, it had been a thought to go, but then I really don't want anything, and it is likely to be quite the gong show.
I don't know what it will be like this year, but it seems that every year more "State Fair" type booths replace the RV type booths. I'm sure there will still be lots of useful stuff, but you are going to have to put up with cookware, cell phone cables, and mops as you work your way through the tent.

When I talked with the Honda generator folks at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta last October, the manager of the group said he was not going to do Quartzsite this year.

In any case, I'm parked at La Posa West a couple hundred feet from the Big Tent, so I'm sure I'll make a couple of visits over the week long event. Until the government shutdown ends, the Long Term Visitor Areas are free since the offices are closed & there is no way to pay. If you are coming to Quartzsite early, stop by!
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 02:48 PM   #74

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Well I don'y know Jon. Any blueberry pie from your new oven in the offing?
See you there.

Walt
Old 01-09-2019, 03:31 PM   #75

Quote:
You are absolutely welcome. Even myself and the Quartzsite kids went to the dark side for two years and we were still welcomed at the Quartzsite gathering. We've have folks in tents, truck campers as well as SOB's.
Hope to see you there.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:45 PM   #76

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Well I don'y know Jon. Any blueberry pie from your new oven in the offing?
See you there.

Walt
Don't be fooled, that pie of his is terrible. I will do the honourable thing and dispose of it myself. You're welcome.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:42 PM   #77

Trailer: Oliver
Registry
Quote:
There are no facilities at all where the rally is held. Last year we filled water jugs a couple times at a filling station at a fuel station close by at $2 for 5 gallons of filtered water.
We've always gotten water at the RV Pit Stop at 425 N Central there in Quartzsite. It's $0.25 for 5 gallons of filtered water.

Quote:
...We also used a garbage bin at a fuel station after asking when we filled up with fuel, and at a local McDs once too...

Just North of town on highway 95 is the County Landfill Transfer Station. At the time we will be there, they are open Sun thru Wed 0730 to 1430.
Steve Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #78

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Outlaw View Post
We've always gotten water at the RV Pit Stop at 425 N Central there in Quartzsite. It's $0.25 for 5 gallons of filtered water.

Just North of town on highway 95 is the County Landfill Transfer Station. At the time we will be there, they are open Sun thru Wed 0730 to 1430.
Are you sure it is not $0.25 per gallon? I was paying $1 for 5 gallons. Most places I saw throughout Arizona were about that. Regardless, what I paid seemed reasonable for good filtered water. I was buying at what I believe was a Mobil service station by the west overpass closer to Dome Rock.

Good to know about the Waste Transfer Station. By the time my second year is done there, I will just about know the whole area.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:31 AM   #79

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
Are there any "open" sewer dump stations in close proximity?
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #80

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Are there any "open" sewer dump stations in close proximity?
Until the government shutdown ends, the dump station at La Posa south is "free", although they could close it anytime. Normally, you have to have a permit to dump, get fresh water or use the dumpsters ($40.00/2 weeks or $180.00/7 months). None of the offices are open, so you can't buy a permit, and no one is checking for them at the stations.
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote