NH 2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-07-2019, 06:45 PM   #41

Trailer: Boler 13 ft / Casita FD
Made a quick visit to the Chocorua Camping Village KOA campground today and talked to the winter office manager, Steve, and after hearing how "HIS" football team, the Eagles had won their game on Sunday, I got the official count of SITES SOLD for the Spring Fling.
To this point we have just 33 sites.
This is just 7 sites short of the 40 needed so we all get the 50% discount on cost of sites.
I know as we get closer to the May date, more interest will be shown and people can make their plans easier as it is gets closer.

I have 45 Schedules printed out and if I need more I can print more and also I have a box full of little gifts to be raffled off at the Pot-Luck.
Also when ever we go out shopping I keep my eyes open for needed items.
Today I found coffee stirrers for the morning coffee.
That's another thing off the list.

Hope all is having a safe New Year so far.
Gerry & Barb
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 05:05 AM   #42

So Glad to say that this Government Shut Down (or call it what you want) will have no effect on the Spring Fling in New England Rally come May 16.

Only 4 short months till we all see each other again.

YIPEEE
Gerry & Barb
Old 01-18-2019, 05:44 AM   #43

NEW to the Schedule this year:
On Saturday, at 1:00 we will be having a Cribbage Tournament.
I have some boards and decks of cards but if you have one bring it (no marked decks)

One of our attendies made this suggestion and will be handling the event for me.
I may play.
Prize awarded!!!!

Looking forward to seeing all old friends and some new faces this year.

We need to have 10 more registrations, so we all get a 50% discount and as we creep closer to the date I'm hopping more will get registered.
Register now at
(603) 323-8536 or (888)237-8642
mention the Spring Fling in New England Rally to get counted and discount.

Gerry, your host
Old 01-26-2019, 05:58 AM   #44

With such a nasty winter we've been having hear at home in Western Mountains of Maine, I have decided to start a bit early to dig my way down to my 2 eggs I keep in the back yard.
We've had snow, rain, ice and temps below the "Goose Egg" Zero mark and then, as this past week, soring temps into the 40's.
Armed with a heavy Ice Pick and a Spade, I cut manageable size chunks of frozen snow and ice out of the 5 foot high and 7 foot wide snow banks and after 4 hours work had that 90% done.
I will leave a little ridge because I know before I manage to get the 16 inch deep snow shoveled out the 100 yards down my access road and across the back yard to the trailer, we will have other storms that will block the road again.
Now the ice is taken care of though it will be manageable.
I now know I will have it out in time for the Spring Fling.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #45

Just wanted to get another reminder that the Spring Fling Rally still has some nice sites left to reserve and we still need 9 more sites sold to reach the magic # of 40 sites sold so we all get the 50% discount on the costs of all sites.
You can call the office and talk to the friendly staff at: (603) 323-8536
Or you can call KOA to make your reservation at: (888) 237-8642

Be sure to mention the Spring Fling in New England to be counted on our quest to reach the 40 sites sold

Also seeing a lot of new members joining FGRV I extend an invite to all of you who can make it to Chocorua join in the fun.
Go to check out thread #31 to see our schedule of events we have planned for this year and feel free to PM me with any questions.

Your host for the 2019 Spring Fling in New England Rally at the Chocorua Camping Village KOA in Chocorua NH … for May 16 - 19, 2019

Gerry & Barb
Old 02-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #46

Name: XXX
Trailer: whatever
NA
Hi Gerry,
I've got a premiere client who wants me to address their needs in May. (Remnant work from Hurricane Florence). If I can schedule the work they want completed before/after the journey to attend your rally, I will be there!

Nothing guaranteed yet, but thank you for the invite and I am doing my best to attend.

Thanks for all the information you're providing.

Best regards,
Jeannine
(I'm hoping to recruit a friend from the NE to come with me too!)
Hidalga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 04:56 AM   #47

Jeannine, that would be great if you, and your friend could make it in May. We all have such a great time. This year I will have both of my EGGS at the Rally.
We will be staying in the Casita and I will have the Boler set up as a display.
I dug the Casita our of it's hibernation spot and started working on it yesterday but the Boler is still in it's lonesome spot with 6 ft of snow around it.

New and different things on Schedule this year and there are still good sites available but it's getting closer and closer so get on the phone and call...…….
Office - (603) 323-8536 or (888)237-8642
Be sure to mention the Spring Fling in New England to be counted so we get the max. discount when we reach 40 sites sold.
Your hosts
Gerry & Barb
Old 02-24-2019, 04:07 AM   #48

I have working hard the past few weeks trying to arrange and give an added feature to our Rally and because of the 2109 Schedule being filled with fun activities, the only way I could fit in another event was to add another day to the Rally.
I have made arrangements with a local business, to offer us a Moose Safari Tour at a good price, and also arranged it so the campground will give one more night of camping at the discounted price for those wishing to stay and take advantage of the Moose Safari.
Here's the deal: Cost per person $30 cash or $33 with credit card.
We need at least 14 positive reservations for the Moose Safari.
The tour would be for Sunday, the 19th, evening and all who going are to meet up at the North Conway train station, where a bus would pick us up at 8:30PM.
The tour runs till 10:30 where it returns us to the parking lot.

Also those wishing to stay can purchase another night, upon their arrival at the campground at the same price as they paid per night for the rally.

I would need to know ASAP if we can get the required 14 reservation for us to take advantage of this deal so if you knowyou want to do this please send me a personal message and I will take care of the rest.
I would collect the Cash at the campground.
Your host for the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Gerry
Old 02-26-2019, 05:46 PM   #49

Name: chris
Trailer: Scamp
New Jersey
Charlie and Chris Cooke are in for the safari. Sounds like fun!
Nelliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 06:34 PM   #50

Ok, All you Spring Flingers... we got 4 who want to go and see moose in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We need 14 who will participate to make this work.
Again this will be for Sunday night so it will involve you staying an extra night at Chocorua Camping Village.
The campground owner is willing to sell you this night at the same price as other nights of the Rally and will take payment if we reach our goal and you want to stay.

By the way we still need a few more people to attend the Rally to get to the magic number of 40 sites sold to get the 50% discount.
There are still sites available so call:
(603)323-8536 office or KOA direct at (888)237-8642

Do not forget to mention the Spring Fling to be counted as our group.
Your hosts
Gerry & Barb
Old 02-26-2019, 08:32 PM   #51

Name: John
Trailer: Escape
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
Ok, All you Spring Flingers... we got 4 who want to go and see moose in the White Mountains of New Hampshire.
We need 14 who will participate to make this work.
Again this will be for Sunday night so it will involve you staying an extra night at Chocorua Camping Village.
The campground owner is willing to sell you this night at the same price as other nights of the Rally and will take payment if we reach our goal and you want to stay.

By the way we still need a few more people to attend the Rally to get to the magic number of 40 sites sold to get the 50% discount.
There are still sites available so call:
(603)323-8536 office or KOA direct at (888)237-8642

Do not forget to mention the Spring Fling to be counted as our group.
Your hosts
Gerry & Barb
Is John & Arleen counted in that four? I sent you a reply on your private e-mail, not the message board. Just checking, not sure that you got it.
Jheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 04:29 AM   #52

Yes John, I've got you counted. I got your message with the picts of the snow...did you get mine?
As date get's closer I do hope more will want to go so we get to the 14.
My internet is very poor in this area and at the end of the month sometimes it will not open at all so all who are trying to get hold of me with questions be patient.
I will get back to you ASAP.
Gerry
Old 02-27-2019, 09:24 AM   #53

Name: Judy
Trailer: Scamp
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I have working hard the past few weeks trying to arrange and give an added feature to our Rally and because of the 2109 Schedule being filled with fun activities, the only way I could fit in another event was to add another day to the Rally.
I have made arrangements with a local business, to offer us a Moose Safari Tour at a good price, and also arranged it so the campground will give one more night of camping at the discounted price for those wishing to stay and take advantage of the Moose Safari.
Here's the deal: Cost per person $30 cash or $33 with credit card.
We need at least 14 positive reservations for the Moose Safari.
The tour would be for Sunday, the 19th, evening and all who going are to meet up at the North Conway train station, where a bus would pick us up at 8:30PM.
The tour runs till 10:30 where it returns us to the parking lot.

Also those wishing to stay can purchase another night, upon their arrival at the campground at the same price as they paid per night for the rally.

I would need to know ASAP if we can get the required 14 reservation for us to take advantage of this deal so if you knowyou want to do this please send me a personal message and I will take care of the rest.
I would collect the Cash at the campground.
Your host for the Spring Fling in New England Rally
Gerry

I would like to do moose safari, but have Penny my dog. Can she be left in trailer? Judy P.
JudyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:39 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudyP View Post
I would like to do moose safari, but have Penny my dog. Can she be left in trailer? Judy P.
If we get the 14 people we would be leaving the campground around 7:30 and not returning till around 11:30.
Would your dog be OK for that length of time?
As long as your dog doesn't bark and bother others, I am sure it is not a problem.
I you join us Judy, would it just be you?
Please let me know because I am keeping a count and as soon as I reach the 14 people I will notify the owner of the business.
Gerry
Old 02-27-2019, 06:54 PM   #55

Got 8 people so far so we're getting closer to the 14.
Upon picking up your "Welcome Pkg" when you get to the Rally I will get the final confirmation from you all and then set it all up.
Gerry
As we get closer more will sign up I hope.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #56

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I'm planning to attend but first have a question. This is a KAO campground. Does KAO membership figure in my cost?

Walt
Old 02-28-2019, 06:20 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I'm planning to attend but first have a question. This is a KAO campground. Does KAO membership figure in my cost?

Walt
I may have not made it clear but this has nothing to do with the KOA campground. But is just an added event that I am getting together.

The Moose Safari Tour is a separate business in the area and he will be willing to Open his business early to give us a chance to take advantage at a pre-season rate or $30 cash or $33 credit card, Per Person.

Now the only night that the Rally could schedule is on Sunday night, due to other scheduled events going on.
Thursday - cracker and cheese
Friday - Pot Luck supper and raffle.
Saturday - Open Forum.

The Rally was to end on Sunday but if anyone wants to join us on the Moose Safari Tour, they will need to book, After the rally starts, for another night.

This is where you may have gotten confused.
The owner of the campground said he will "Sell" any Rally goer an extra night at the same rate as what they had paid per night, during the rally.

If you think that your KOA membership will be cheaper then the discounted rate we'll be getting as Rally members, by all means use this discount.
At this point we are at a 40% discount and if we get 9 more sites sold we will be at the 50% discount.
You can figure out the costs at the Rally and get the best deal for you.

Hope this is now clear.
Gerry
Old 02-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #58

SW Virginia
Thanks Gerry. I was asking about the camping fees, not the tour, but you answered both. Thank you. I'll be registering tomorrow.

Walt
Old 03-01-2019, 06:10 PM   #59

So you will not be joining us on the Moose Safari, Walt?
Old 03-01-2019, 06:21 PM   #60

SW Virginia
No, sorry. I've seen lots of them.

Walt