NH 2019, May 16-20: 2019 Spring Fling in New England - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-22-2019, 10:36 AM   #101

Name: Bonnie
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercorgi View Post
Anyhow, I can't wait to meet all of you in a few weeks. Getting the Casita dewinterized and cleaned up.

- Sue

Looking forward to meeting you, Sue.

Our Casita was dewinterized and cleaned up this past weekend. We are SO ready to get rolling.

Will your Corgi be coming with you? We'll have our Smooth Fox Terrier with us.

Bonnie (and Jon)
Attached Thumbnails
Feb_10_2019.jpg  
Bonnie RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 05:19 PM   #102

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie RB View Post

Our Casita was dewinterized and cleaned up this past weekend. We are SO ready to get rolling.

Bonnie (and Jon)
We stated to clean our Casita but as far as dewinterizing I will wait another week or so as the weather may still go below freezing at night.
We still have snow piles on the side of the driveway that is 3 feet tall.
We have yet to even take the cover off the Boler which I will be taking to the Rally just as a display model set up with Solar Power in the campground somewhere.
I will be going down the Campground next week to check out the status of the sites and report it on here.
Gerry
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 05:46 PM   #103

A little under 3 more weeks before the Rally and I was down the campground today.
With the hard winter and ice storms we've had here in New England they are about a week behind on the clean up and getting water system up and running.
Office informed me that we got 38 confirmed reservations and my goal for this year is 40. There are still sites available and the office will get you as close to the group as they can just mention your with the Spring Fling group.

Make reservation NOW, by calling:
Office: (603) 323-8536 Friendly staff will get you as close to the main group as he can.
or call KOA: (888) 237-8642

Be sure to mention the Spring Fling Rally to be added to the list counted so we'll reach the 40 sites sold.
Gerry & Barb
Be sure to come to site #49 when you get settled in to get your welcome packet at the 2019 Spring Fling in New England Rally.

Only a little less then 3 weeks till we all meet again for the fun time
Old 04-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #104

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Quote:
Will your Corgi be coming with you? We'll have our Smooth Fox Terrier with us.

Bonnie (and Jon)
Yep she'll be coming along!

supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 03:13 AM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercorgi View Post
Yep she'll be coming along!

Woof! Woof! All dogs are welcome at the Spring Fling!
Old 05-05-2019, 03:15 AM   #106

Been very busy here and the snow is almost gone but my camper has developed a leak in the water tank and I am now waiting for a new tank so I can install it.
After the Rally, wife and I are trying to get all our ducks in a row for the start of our cross country trip on the 28th of May.

The campground is busy getting things ready for us and although they are 2 weeks behind, due to the weather, they will do the best they can.
I will be heading down there next weekend to lend a hand if needed.

Sites are still available:
Make reservation NOW, by calling:
Office: (603) 323-8536 Friendly staff will get you as close to the main group as he can.
or call KOA: (888) 237-8642
Be sure to mention the Spring Fling Rally to be added to the list counted so we'll reach the 40 sites sold.
Gerry & Barb
Be sure to come to site #49 when you get settled in to get your welcome packet at the 2019 Spring Fling in New England Rally.

Just 11 more days till we all meet again for the fun time nd a hand if needed.

Can I get it all done????
Old 05-05-2019, 11:37 AM   #107

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Trillium
Maine
Spring Fling

Sorry to hear about the leak in your camper Gerry hope you get fixed soon we will be at the campground starting the 14th - 21st we will be on site 46 on the water we might be able to lend a hand as well when we get there

See ya soon
Jeff & Dodie
jroh88_1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 09:04 AM   #108
2B2

Name: Bruce
Rhode Island
Agenda for the rally

Hello Gerry,
This is my first rally and I would like to know what the agenda is. I assume, (you know what happens when you assume), that there will be a pot luck? If there is, I would like to prepare a meal to share before I leave for the camp.
2B2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 05:16 PM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2B2 View Post
Hello Gerry,
This is my first rally and I would like to know what the agenda is. I assume, (you know what happens when you assume), that there will be a pot luck? If there is, I would like to prepare a meal to share before I leave for the camp.
Welcome to your first Rally. You wont be disappointed.
You can find the schedule on right on here at thread #31
Yes pot luck will be Friday and I will be cooking a piece of chicken and others will bring what evers.

See you soon.
Gerry
Old 05-09-2019, 03:01 AM   #110

Just one more week to go!
I am reposting the event schedule for those who can not find it in this thread:
there are still sites available and the office staff will get you as close to the main group as they can.

All you who are still on the fence will enjoy reading just what we'll be doing below and then you can make your reservation at.
(603) 323-8536 or (888) 327-8642
Mention the Spring Fling in New England Rally to be counted as a Spring Flinger.
Thur. 16
1:00 - 6:00pm Check in and Settle in
Get checked in with our friendly office staff and orientate yourself with the campground layout, On you way by, Stop by Site #49 and pick up your Spring Fling Welcome packet.
6:00pm Cheese and Crackers "Meet & Greet"
"COME ON DOWN" and enjoy some munchies at the Pavilion and mingle with other Spring Flingers and enjoy the fire in the Common Area. Bring your own beverage.
9:00pm Walk the "Planks" (weather permiting)
We'll guide you to the Trail head to Wabinaki Lodge, across the Marsh. Bring your Flash Light. We'll pause, on the Board-Walk, to gaze at the night sky.
Day 2- Friday 17th
6:30 - 8:00am Early Bird Morning Coffee will be brewing down in the Pavilion.
10:00am Painting with Sandy "O". (not just for the Gals)
Under the guiding hands of Sandy "O" you will paint a fantastic picture that will be worthy of hanging. For a minimal cost, to cover cost of materials, you'll enjoy this activity and have a picture to remember you stay at the Spring Fling.
2:30pm Cook at Camp and recipe Swap
Get down to the Pavilion to see "What's Cookin" and bring along a favorite camp recipe to share. Your hosts Gerry and Barb will give a demonstration on how they cook-up some of their favorite dishes and you'll be able to sample the finished product.
5:00pm Pot-Luck Supper at the Pavilion with raffle to be held after supper.
We get you started with a piece of Chicken and you bring the rest! Bring down an entre or side dish to share. Vegies / Salads / Deserts, Hot or cold dishes...what ever you'd like to share. Remember to bring your own Silverware, Dish and Drinks. There will be a raffle of some camp gifts after the supper. This year we will also be selling tickets for a 50/50 CASH PRIZE
Day 3 Sat. 18th
6:30 - 8:00 am - Early Bird morning Coffee
9:30am - Shine and Show
All who want to join, Meet at the Pavilion for a walk around.
Check out all the Fiberglass campers that have come to the Spring Fling. Talk to the owners and they'll be glad to share ideas, or the pro's and con's of their models. Future Egg Owners may come into the campground to check out your campers.
Afternoon At 1:00pm Come on down to the Pavilion to join in the Cribbage Tournament. Prize awarded to last man standing.
6:30pm Open Chat & Forum Questions or Ideas you want to Share? After seeing all the campers at the "Shine & Show" you may have Questions about them or maybe you just have general Camper / Camping Questions. Come down to the open Forum in the Pavilion to chat with others. No limit to the knowlage some have and will want to share with others. And, Please Let me know how you liked the Rally & do you have any suggestions for Next Year.
Sunday 6:30 - 8:00 Come for Morning Coffee at the Pavilion
Today you'll be heading out on the road on your next adventure. Drive Safe and be sure to Keep a look out for the Spring Fling in New England Rally for 2020 and Mark you calendar.
Your Hosts : Gerry & Barb
PS; Sounds like a lot to do? Try and plan it all!!!
Old 05-10-2019, 11:26 AM   #111

Name: Sue
Trailer: Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Massachusetts
Registry
Thanks for the schedule Gerry and all the work you've put into this. I can't wait to see you all and all your lovely FG campers!
supercorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 11:50 AM   #112

Name: Elizabeth
Trailer: Scamp 13
Maine
our first spring fling

We have made reservations and will be showing up with our new 13' Scamp that we picked up in April. Looking forward to it!
aebridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #113

Name: Karin & Don
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13Ft
Maine
Oh no. Car problems. Sorry Gerry, but we had to cancel our reservation for the Spring Fling. We were looking forward to the rally. We were suppose to be next to you at site 47, so if anyone is interested in that site, feel free to ask for it. Don.
Kardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:16 PM   #114

Name: Bruce
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
New Hampshire
NH 2019 Spring Fling

I reserved today and will be arriving Fri and staying until Mon. Would be interested in Moose Safari if two more would make a difference.
Bruce & Joanne Wilhelm
Escape 19
BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:15 AM   #115

Final count down to the Spring Fling Rally is here!
With the plans for the Rally, getting both the Boler and Casita ready for this event, along with the wife and I planning our first real big trip, cross country, on the 28th, and along with regular everyday things my brain is going off like a pop-corn machine.
One minute, thinking Rally, next minute thinking Trip, next minute making sure Tow vehicle is up to snuff, next, getting yard equipment up and running so person will be able to maintain yard, so on and so on.
Keeping an eye on weather maps for the past few weeks and it seems we are in a 3 day weather pattern with rain for 3 days and then 3 days (relativity) dry days.
If this pattern holds we should be mostly dry during the Rally.
Wish I could guarantee but...sorry.
Looking forward to all the returning Spring Flingers and meeting new people who decided to join in the fun.

Your Host
Gerry
Old 05-11-2019, 06:01 PM   #116

Was able to make the 1 hour trip down to the campground to check status and I will say that the 2 weeks that they have had to get things up and running was amazing.
There are still a few piles of leaves on sites that need picking up and I did notice that the Laundry was closed still and Pavilion was still in disarray but the owner said he will get things all set by Thursday.
Woo-Hoo, can't wait to see all you Spring Flingers from previous years and all the newbies who will be joining us for the first time.
Gerry
Old 05-12-2019, 03:36 PM   #117

Massachusetts
We're here. Arrived about 2 this PM, all set up, had lunch, went hiking on the trails. we have itineraries set to bide the time until others show up later this week, so if we're not here when you arrive we'll be back soon.
Old 05-14-2019, 06:30 AM   #118

Massachusetts
Quote:
We're here. Arrived about 2 this PM, all set up, had lunch, went hiking on the trails. we have itineraries set to bide the time until others show up later this week, so if we're not here when you arrive we'll be back soon.

We're in site C3, BTW.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #119

Hey Bonnie, Glad you made it.
I may come with one of my trailers tomorrow and I'll stop by if I do.
I do believe there are still sites left so make you reservations to join in the Fun.
Just 2 more days till it all begins with the Cheese and Crackers in the Pavilion at 6:00.
Remember to stop by site 49 to get your Welcome pack and schedule for the Rally.

Make your reservations by calling the office at 603-323-8536 or KOA at 888-237-8642, Don't forget to mention the Spring Fling to be counted and get the discount after you arrive.
See you all in a few day.
Gerry & Barb
Old 05-15-2019, 03:04 AM   #120

Just one more day... can not sleep with all to do and the excitement of it all.